EU related? -> Ventura County hot spot puzzles experts

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

folaht

EU related? -> Ventura County hot spot puzzles experts

Unread post by folaht » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:48 am

Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

MattEU

Re: EU related? -> Ventura County hot spot puzzles experts

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 pm

I posted a couple of questions about this on another thread "Planetary Science / World on Fire" as I was also intrigued when I saw it. At least I was not the only one!

It would appear to be something EU as the heat is at the surface and not coming from deep below. You also have oil in the area (Sespe Oil Field) and the hot thermal springs.

Do other fissures give off heat or energy? Are fissure only a byproduct of heat/EU or do they help also help to create the energy output in a positive feedback way? And what does water have to do with it?

Volcanic fissures/vents can produce a steady fountain of lava that is not expelled explosively. Whatever force creating them appears to be at a constant. These fissures can occur on land and at the bottom of the sea.

Volcanos dont just eject hot bubbling lava, they eject or help create ash, mud, gases and water. You have Mud Volcanos and you even have the Volcán de Agua (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volc%C3%A1n_de_Agua)

If most things are scaleable in the EU Theory then can Geysors also be considered as mini "Volcanos" or fissures? One interesting EU feature of a Geysor was mentioned in the post by ElecGeekMom "New Insights and Mad Ideas / Static from Old Faithful?"

The idea that Volcanos are part of the EU (a "pinch" in that area or created by the Earths energy or ....) seems logical. Geysors and these hot spots may just be smaller versions or variations of this process.

Water appears to be very much a part of this process. It is either needed or helps to form the magma or might just be a byproduct (I doubt that). Water vapour is found in the gas outpourings of Volcanos and in Pyroclastic flow. Pryroclastic flows appear to be EU in nature. I remember once seeing either an actual video clip or maybe a documentary creation of the 1980 Mount St Helens one. What that has to do with only gravity and a bit of hot gas is puzzling. As Kuato says, "open your mind".

What has water got to do with the Ventura County Hot Spots? There are hot thermal springs in the area and if oil, gas and water are created inside the Earth by the EU (they are always bubbling out under pressure even at the bottom of the oceans) then this could be a sign of local EU activity. Was a higher than expected % of water found in the gas samples? What are these vents and is there anything similar found on earth?

One idea that sounds crazy and might be completely wrong but worth considering, are some earthquake fissures larger variations of the same process? How quickly did this Ventura County fissures appear?

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm

I had previously noted that it may be related to another story about coal dust / coal seams, or possibly some volcanic issue. Save the fact that the article in question specifically stated there didn't appear to be significant coal deposits. It was also odd that it didn't get hotter the deeper they put their measuring devices. That would seem to anecdotally rule out volcanism?

It's unclear what's causing this. Leading theory seems to be some kind of reactive chemical agents in he rock But even that seems to be insufficient explanation thus far... One wonders if they could bring out back hoes and dig down to figure out what's going on. Granted that could be dangerous, depending on what's actually going on there. ;o] Nobody wants to poke through to a magma chamber or whatever. Hehe... But, if they're sure it's not volcanic or coal seam fires...?

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MattEU

Saturn's Moon Enceladus

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Are the jets of icy particles (water vapour) on Saturn's Moon Enceladus caused by a similar EU event as the Hot Spots? They appear to arise from or be produced by the "tiger stripe" fractures (fissures).

I am not saying the actual fissures themselves are created in the same way (although you never know).

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

I either missed it, or there was no mention of any measurements, besides temperature and gas emission. Has USGS installed any ground magnetometers, around the site?
If there is sufficient telluric current to cause this much heating, magnetic field measurements should be useful to find this out. :mrgreen: