Science blogs

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

solrey

Science blogs

Unread post by solrey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am

I felt compelled to send the following email to a science writer, David Bradley [feedback@sciencebase.com] in response to comments and an email sent by an EU nemesis on Universe Today that apparently convinced him to remove Plasma-Universe from a list of science blogs he created titled "The Periodic Table of Science Bloggers".

The article:
http://www.universetoday.com/2010/03/20 ... -bloggers/

My email:
Mr. Bradley,
I became aware of your Periodic Table of Science Bloggers from an article on Universe Today. I would like to thank you for your efforts in promoting interest and discussion of science. However, I was disappointed to read in the comments that you were convinced, by one Hon. Solacious B. Crumb, to remove Plasma-Universe from the list. I would like to make you aware of a comment this individual made on another Universe Today article to give you a sense of their mentality.
Hon. Salacious B. Crumb Says: March 21st, 2010 at 7:15 am
"Honestly, every time I even hear the words "plasma physics" these days, just makes me immediately think of all the bad stuff and want to strangle or wring someone's neck."

Anyone commenting on Universe Today who questions the standard paradigm in any way triggers a response full of vitriol, insults and slander from Crumb, for which he/she has been warned by the mods several times. What this person apparently fails to understand is that many scientists themselves have questions and/or reservations about the standard paradigm.

That being said, there is growing interest in Plasma Cosmology and Electric Universe theory. For example, a couple of the members on the discussion forum at Thunderbolts.info are scientists working for ESA and NASA. Donald Scott gave a presentation last year on Electric Universe theory to the Goddard Space Flight Center. Wallace Thornhill is receiving an award from Telesio-Galilei Academy of Science for his work on EU theory and will be giving some presentations of the theory in Europe this summer.
A member of the forum at Thunderbolts.info recently stated: "This forum is one of the best kept secrets on the internet!"
Another forum member, who works with IBEX at NASA said: "Everybody in the community knows that these are plasmas, and so by definition dominated by electromagnetic forces. However, there is still a lot of work to do on both observation and theory. So, I will keep checking back here for new ideas."
Imagine that, someone from NASA looking for answers on a plasma cosmology forum. Yet the likes of Crumb would have you believe it's all just pseudo-science, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

I encourage you to consider including a plasma cosmology/electric universe blog on your Periodic Table. Plasma-Universe is an excellent resource for information regarding plasma physics and plasma cosmology although I wouldn't consider it to be a blog per se. Thunderbolts.info presents a new article every weekday and features a lively, informative discussion forum which I believe would be a welcome addition to your list.

Thank you for your time,
Tim Erney
Corvallis, Oregon
I wonder how Mr. Bradley would respond if his inbox was filled with support for Electric Universe/Plasma Cosmology. He did write the following in a comment:
If there's a big enough call for it, I may start adding isotopes…
Sounds like an invitation to me. ;)
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

jjohnson

Re: Science blogs

Unread post by jjohnson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:35 pm

I just vote with my feet! Walk away; find more congenial surroundings and people who will argue intelligently and with a lot fewer ad hom remarks and sanctimonious sarcasm.