So they call you a Crack Pot - Down under

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Jarvamundo

Re: So they call you a Crack Pot - Down under

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I regretted that youtube video 3 posts into it.... no doubt... lesson learnt... Just thought it might be an easier way for amateurs to pick it up... but yes... easy fodder for conservatives and semi-professionals.

I kind of associated with the youthful presentation of the youtube vid... ie i actually have books with melting snowballs... call it youthful protest or revolution... "the books are wrong" sort of emotion. Just gotta pick your targets i guess, it will no doubt offend. I introduced the PR papers later in the thread, but yeah too late, the flavour was set.

Points taken.... yes the thread was locked by the admin, after i pointed out the adhom attacks on myself were in violation of the terms of use of the site. (i probably triggered the lock somehow there?). Instead of a warning against the offending senior member.

regarding that advice of using peer reviewed papers... it's very good when thrashing out with knowledgable, but the site contains a mix of 15yr old's with their first dobsonian, and bbt researchers. I think the future is with the upcomers, so some form of digestible format is needed, they wont understand papers.

So you'd simply have a good argument with someone who's going to resist change and go over the head of someone who is open.

I do notice that mainstream is allowed to "dumb it down" into a digestible Gen-Y format. I really think some sort of version along these lines would help pass the idea around... You'd think since we are using real physics, it would be easier for us.

both points taken, there is just a tightrope to walk.... inspiration vs argument

TB has done a great job at presenting an accessible digestible format.

Anyways enjoy being part of the TB and IIS community. good points all round. cheers

jjohnson

Re: So they call you a Crack Pot - Down under

Unread post by jjohnson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Cheers, mate; yer always welcome and we like jawin' with yer!
Besides, you're smart and have a good attitude.
J