Posting about Catastrophism pissed of mods

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

goodsamaritan

Posting about Catastrophism pissed of mods

Unread post by goodsamaritan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 am

I'm a long time member in www.cavemanforum.com

and the mods and the administrator was royally pissed off when I posted stuff about catastrophism etc.

See:
http://cavemanforum.com/index.php?topic=2202.msg19138

I didn't expect that kind of wicked reaction:
The video shows some images of the sun (in older art) and wheels (in more modern art) and possibly a few images of lunar eclipses.

The first two minutes is mostly rubbish and after that is utter nonsense.

MattEU

How to convert people to the EU side?

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Good on you for stepping out of the Gravity Well like that but I would suggest, from experience, that you might need to introduce the subject in an easier or simpler manner. Tease them into discussing stuff and when you reply to what they say it is allowed and they want to read what you said and discuss or argue it.

Considering the forum, from what i can work it out (is there a website that explains it a bit further as always interested in new stuff), you might want to have started with expanding your last paragraph "A different take on the origins and progress of humans. Why the main human food supply ran out and humans had to turn to agriculture to survive." and not putting in the saturniancosmology.org link as its a real mind foook and too long and complicated for nEUbies.

You have been defended as a long term member and have enough posts so they have to respect that in some way. And this chap samjohn has given you a few great chances to reply, firstly with his acceptance of what would happen if Saturn was close and then with this
I suppose my biggest issue with it is that any such occurrence would have a huge effect on the earths climate and temperature, yet temperature records from ice core samples, and tree ring research all show a world climate with a very regular temperature cycle, no variations out of the ordinary.
I thought the one thing about this world is that it has changed so amazingly much, the only thing it has not done is ever seen to be stable. From England, perhaps the greyest and wettest country on earth (well it seems it if you live there) being a place where they had all sorts of hot weather animals. The sahara being very wet, ice ages, the medieval wam period and mini ice ages etc... Man made Global warming is just a funny idea.

I believe that Wal and the Thunderbolts team, along with colin who runs the fractaluniverse.org site, did a presentation to a group without any EU experience. From what i can work out they wanted to see how it went down and what works or does not etc I think I must have missed the reports on it and what they suggest is best

This might be a good time for people in this forum to discuss what and how to introduce the subject to people with no EU experience. The real problem i find is controlling my excitement of wanting to convert people as its SO obvious to me...

I normally try with the Squatter Man petroglyphs, craters, the fast AND slow solar wind being like CERN (very topical at the moment) and why planets the furthest out are the windiest.

Also, as you have done, get them to watch videos as this is the quickest way to convert people because the visual evidence is so good. Either soupdragon42 videos or the Thunderbolts of the Gods to start with but your choice here is fitting as it relates to diets and food etc :)

Anyway, not having a go at you in the slightest as it does take balls to go completely against the rest of the world. And as a terrible band that reminds of all things Mainstream said, "Keep the faith"!

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Posting about Catastrophism pissed of mods

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Please note, the speculations offered by Jno Cook at saturniancosmology.org in no way represent the views of the main proponents of Electric Universe theory. Whilst he often quotes and references people from the main arena of EU discussion, Cook has his own very specific theory which is NOT supported by the proponents of EU.

It's a little like the relationship between Electric Universe and Plasma Cosmology. Whilst Wal Thornhill et al refer often to the work of Anthony Peratt et al, that does NOT mean Peratt et al support the work of Thornhill et al. Until a published account of such support be offered, it it erroneous to infer support of theorist A for theory B just because theory B relies on the work of theorist A for it's own support.

Cardona, Talbott, Thornhill et al DO NOT in any way support the precise dating of and events offered by Cook, or such published account of such support would be offered.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

jjohnson

Re: Posting about Catastrophism pissed of mods

Unread post by jjohnson » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Important distinction, Dave; thanks. My brief correspondences with Peratt revealed he has reservations about EU, which one always needs to remember and respect. We can't be putting words into other people's mouths. Besides, he's in an odd position, having written what he has, and working for DOE, a member of the establishment if there is one!

Similarly, although I am interested in Miles Mathis's thoughts and papers on math and physics, and look for how it might play in the EU setting, and have quoted or referred readers to his articles on this and that, he has told me that he is a theoretician and not in the camp of EU thought. He is busy doing his own thing. I would add that this is more because he is caught up inside the stuff he does, and doesn't choose to have or make time for the EU stuff - he is pretty neutral, in other words. As he rebels against the errors and shenanigans he finds in math and physics by the Establishment, and complains about being marginalised in their journals and web sites, just like EU, he's more kin to us than he realizes. He also enjoys being quoted and referenced and enjoyed in our forum, I know for a fact. I do not know if all of Mathis's work is applicable to EU, or part of it, or possibly even none of it, but it is plausible enough that I want to find out more. If it doesn't work for EU or PC, then it's off to the tip with it, for me! If it's good and sound, adapt!

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.