EU Presentation vs. the Old Model

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

EU Presentation vs. the Old Model

Unread postby Marlheim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Given the lack of a rational response from the Old Model establishment, I think that it is key for EU proponents to

1) post the EU perspective in the Comments section of Old Model slanted news stories, keeping it short and sweet

and

2) Whatever the forum, including face-to-face, focus on explaining the aspects of the EU model without much, or even any, reference to the tenets of the Old Model theory.

So many of the EU youtube videos seem to take as much or even more time explaining the Old Model as explaining the EU Model. While this is fine for that 2% of the population who are reasonably literate on science matters, it does a disservice to the other 98% by muddying their understanding of the EU Model by confusing them with the nonsense from the falsified Standard/Old Model. Would you rather write information, or a combination of information and disinformation, on a blank slate?

If you must refer to/explain the Old Model, then be sure to start off and end with EU Model explanations. The primacy-recency effect in human memory means that we all remember the first and last portions of something the best.

And yes, I think that we should start referring to the Standard Model as the Old Model. Get the meme going. Though I am open to other suggestions as to the renaming/re-positioning of the phrase "Standard Model."

Cheers
Marlheim
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: EU Presentation vs. the Old Model

Unread postby oz93666 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Marlheim wrote:So many of the EU youtube videos seem to take as much or even more time explaining the Old Model as explaining the EU Model.


Absolutely correct . IMO....there's no reason to refer to the old model ....forget it , ignore it and it might go away.

Also ,presenters should be bolder in presenting a whole picture of things , bound to be errors ,but much better to speculate and be wrong ,than say nothing .
oz93666
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: EU Presentation vs. the Old Model

Unread postby D_Archer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:25 am

I agree, this was especially agonizing in the video about "magnetic reconnection".

If the focus would just be on how these events* can be explained with the EU paradigm that would be better IMHO.

Regards,
Daniel

*the observed event
- Shoot Forth Thunder -
User avatar
D_Archer
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 am
Location: The Netherlands


Return to Electric Universe - Net Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest