Fossil tree rings question

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Skiddy

Fossil tree rings question

Unread post by Skiddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Whilst I am wholeheartedly behind the Thunderbolts theory, I have a problem accommodating the existence of fossilized trees that exhibit tree rings, some dating over two hundred million years to pretty recent times geologically. This means that the trees experienced regular periods of rapid growth followed by slower growth. This indicates seasons in a supposed constant plasma sheath in which the earth was enveloped. Is it possible a plasma sheath might fluctuate to explain this ?

ZenMonkeyNZ

Re: Fossil tree rings question

Unread post by ZenMonkeyNZ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Age determination is questionable beyond a few thousand years. Since we don't even have a model to explain the variable rate at which radioactive substances transmute (decay), assumptions about steady half-lives irregardless of environmental conditions are purely speculative and seem unlikely. Likewise, the assumption of sedimentation layers as gradual processes underpin layering justifications for dating, but ignores theories on catastrophic discharges, mixed layering, etc.

The fact that fossils can be relatively organic surrounded by mineral, can be completely mineralised, or partly mineralised and partly organic, suggests that some fossilisation occurs very quickly. Plus you can find all types of fossils in the same area. Many fossils in mineralised compounds also show creatures in movement.

A few things to consider . . .

moses

Unread post by moses » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi Skiddy, I think that we can assume that the ancient petrified trees came from Earth. However there is often a wide range of tree types in the one deposit area. And it looks like laminated flow was involved in the deposition. But still we would expect that trees were growing on Earth in those very ancient times.

Now I think that there are a few good EU-type theories about what happened before about 2,500 years ago. And if there is one Thunderbolts theory, then remember that it is just a theory. It does look like there were seasons in these very ancient times. And that is plenty interesting. The year could have been any length, but still near to today's length. A very eccentric orbit is possible, but the Earth's north pole pointing some angle away from the Sun looks the best bet by far.

Which would mean that the Solar radiation, or perhaps radiation from some other body the Earth used to orbit, was being absorbed by the Earth's surface or atmosphere. Now this does not reject the possibility of a glow-mode plasma sheath around the Earth producing some or most of the light reaching the Earth's surface. This could have been enough to block out seeing the stars. But the tree rings strongly suggest that the Earth was orbitting some radiating body.

Thanks for pointing this out,
Cheers,
Mo

Skiddy

Unread post by Skiddy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you mo and ZenMonkeyNZ for your replies. Points made by both of you I will research. I have only just come across the Thunderbolts theory and as you suggest mo, there are many faces to the body of scientific, astronomic, archaeological, and historic facts. I think that once I become more familiar with the various disciplines involved with this fascinating theory I will feel less daunted by it. The fossil tree rings was my first bone of contention, but both of you have settled my mind a little, as it didn't seem to be too big a "spanner in the works". Electricity, food for thought! Thanks again.