The Universe Electric: Big Bang? | New eBook

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

substance

The Universe Electric: Big Bang? | New eBook

Unread post by substance » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:54 pm

I just red the first (free) chapter of Wal and others` new ebook called "Big Bang?" - first volume in a series called "The Universe Electric".
It`s not bad, a pretty plain and summarized, lacking detail overview of basic EU theory. A review of the book is not the reason for this thread though.
I feel that $20 for the whole "book" is too much and many potential buyers will be put off. Half of the book`s pages are full page photos and the other half each contains max 2-3 small paragraphs of text. I agree that this format makes it a pleasant read, but that way, you are asking $20 for information that can be easily put on 50 or less pages for example.

If I were to write a book on EU, I would not only make it free, but actually pay money to distribute it among the biggest nummber of people possible, so that this idea earns more recognition.

P.S. This is also valid for the other EU books: Thunderbolts of the gods, the electric sky, the electric universe.. $25 is too much for most readers, considering the books` length. 1 year ago I bought Stephen Hawking`s "Brief history of time" and "The Universe in a nutshell" 2 in 1 hardcover for about $20. Not to mention super quality paper and print.
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

substance

Re: The Universe Electric: Big Bang? | New eBook

Unread post by substance » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:58 am

Nobody seems to care about spreading our theory and gaining public attention...
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

mnemeth1

Re: The Universe Electric: Big Bang? | New eBook

Unread post by mnemeth1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 am

They are offering it free to educators.

While 20.00 may seem like a lot to some people, I think their target audience can afford it.

The money collected from EU adherents will allow them to further expand the operation.