Wikipedia Woes - Have Your Say!!

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Wikipedia Woes - Have Your Say!!

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Though it's a topic of discussion on the Thunderblogs board, I thought this deserves a post of its own, to assist in generating responses in large numbers.

The survey I forumulated titled Wikipedia Editing Environment Survey now has over 300 responses, but I'd like to boost it to 3000 if possible. You do NOT need to have ever contributed to Wikipedia to have your say, and I would like as broad a sample of people as we can get.

The relevant Thunderblog has an "Email to a friend" link at the bottom. Use this to alert friends to the Thunderblog and hence to the survey. The first 300 results are published now on the Thunderbolts site.

If you have not yet participated in the survey, it's a good opportunity to have your say. It will only take a couple of minutes to fill out and most of the questions allow comments.

Survey.

Results.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

SciRPG

Re: Wikipedia Woes - Have Your Say!!

Unread post by SciRPG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 pm

This is a really interesting poll.
I've noticed that the Velikovsky Encyclopedia itself is a wiki (velikovsky.info)
I know you guys are beating your heads against this "official" wikipedia, why not create and maintain your own wiki here at thunderbolts and let it grow from here?

I, myself had problems posting my own "views" at youtube, so I stopped using it and created my own php driven site where I could post my own viewpoint videos without the threat of losing my account through politically driven moderators (I just post milder content and link my site).

When people look up stuff, they will likely use Google and type in searchwords before directly connecting to a wikipedia, having a wiki of EU/Thunderbolts information ready and waiting would be a great way to direct these people with interests in the subject towards a body of information that won't just disappear at a whim.

At least, that's what I think.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 am

Hi, SciRPG.

You mean something like this?

The Plasma-Universe Wikipedia-like site?

;)
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:10 am

yeah... even like the one Dave mentions on the last newsletter too...

Just like the olde days... If you cant get into the castle, build your own, lol
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration