relaxation oscillator develops mechanical thrust

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

minorwork

relaxation oscillator develops mechanical thrust

Unread post by minorwork » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm

This nano motor was pronounce the smallest in the world in April 2005.

This be a small relaxation oscillator, or is called that. The use of surface tension and current flow result in a rather powerful thrust for the electrical energy used. Size wise it is quite powerful. From the article: http://www.livescience.com/technology/0 ... motor.html
If it could be scaled up to the size of an automobile engine, it would be 100 million times more powerful than a Toyota Camry's 225 horsepower V6 engine, the researchers say.
The two spheres are liquid metal. How hot is plasma again? Is this somehow an area of speculation as to a mechanism behind pulsars?

Sounds like some hype there on the power equivalence by size.

mharratsc

Re: relaxation oscillator develops mechanical thrust

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 am

It seems like they are using electromagnetic force to over come electrostatic force (surface tension), and calling this a capacitive reaction- not sure if that is really correct... but ehh.

What I want to know is- if they are going to call this an electric motor, what manner of transmission are they going to use to apply the kinetic energy into work?

And yeah- making these droplets the size of a V6 IC engine is a bit fanciful, I think :P

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington