A new curriculum for children of all ages and levels

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

rennie564

A new curriculum for children of all ages and levels

Unread post by rennie564 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello,

I am looking for resources to make a free curriculum on the electric universe and plasma science available for download. I belong to a network of homeschooling moms with over 12,000 members and many of them have expressed interest in teaching this to their children and frustration in finding resources to teach it. So, I have decided to make it myself. Change has to start somewhere.

I am currently contacting any organization I can find involved in this field to get input. I think many on this forum could have very valid input and ideas for this.I want to make resources available to every age and grade level; worksheets, study guides, unit studies, videos, interactive presentations, etc. I am currently working on the structure of the website and the next step is to work on content.

I do not believe we should be teaching our children only "mainstream" accepted science. I think the young minds of the next generation should have a firm foundation in new theories and concepts if as a society we are ever to make any progress or change.

Any direction or input on this matter would be appreciated.

D_Archer

Re: A new curriculum for children of all ages and levels

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 am

There is the introduction to EU on the Thunderbolts home page (guide to the electric universe).

Things to teach:
The right hand rule.
E-Fields
B-Fields
Birkeland current (as modelled/explained by Donald Scott), currents that lead to >
The Bennet pinch (visually by exploring winged nebula's, side views and down the barrel to get that 3D mental image of the process)
The phases of matter
What is plasma?
What is ionization?
Phase transitions ( what is the first phase? answer: Plasma).
etc.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

IgorTesla

Unread post by IgorTesla » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:34 am

This makes me very happy :D

If you want to host the videos on your own website you would like to take a look into "How to download from youtube".
There are several free download programs available and are easy to use, like Ummy video downloder.
Als handy if you want to make your own DVD for portable use.
But be carefull and take precaution when downloading such software. Many mal/spy-ware is being spread by the use of so called 'free' downloader.
Best is to Google on it but i think you allready knew this ;)

I'm curious to see the result, hopefully the website will be public accessible.

rennie564

Unread post by rennie564 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Thank you both!

I got the bare bones basics of the website up today. It absolutely will be public! That is the entire point of what I am doing. I want to educate those that would not otherwise even come across this. Planting seeds in the young minds of the next generation....and in turn their parents too!

It will be called The Electric Minds Project: Hands on learning in an electric universe.

The website can be found at: http://www.electric-minds.com -->Though there really isnt anything there....YET. It will look dramatically different by the time I am done and have real content uploaded. It is going to take a lot of time and a lot of work. Luckily I have children from ages 4-14 that are excited to test out worksheets and hands on projects! :D

IgorTesla

Unread post by IgorTesla » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:07 am

My compliments for the effort you put into this.
The website looks very attractive and easy to use so i really hope it could be the start of a revolutinary new kind of education and perhaps someday even be part of the regular teachings at schools worldwide.

I hope that the people who are involved in the thunderbolts project will read this article and perhaps even get involved along with you.

I am just another, fascinated, user of this website for years (although i am only active on this forum for a few weeks now), so i don't have any insights that might help you further.

Keep up this great work !

:)

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:45 am

"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:16 am

For the age group that is your target,, get them familiar with the dynamics of electrical interactions
with solid materials and substances such as gases and fluids. This can be done with safe and simple
experimentation.

I will fill in any details needed for experiments i've done with dust covered CRT surfaces and
other devices,, some not suitable for unsupervised usage..

Stay clear of concepts which are not yet validated and recognized by at least some of the mainstream
educators, so you don't get the kids confused or cause them to loose respect for educators to whom they
will have to extend some level of trust.

If your audience is faith-based home-schooling, then stick tight to the plasma cosmology side
and let the mytho-hystorical side become more refined and detached from non-spiritual world views.

Controversy is not for tender minds.
Help them develop their observational skills and creative capabilities
through experimental demonstration and development of the same. d..z

rennie564

Unread post by rennie564 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Thank you for all of the links, resources and encouragement.

I have set up a splash page for the website while it is under construction. On the page is a link to subscribe to a mailing list to keep updated with the project and know when the final version of it it launches. I'm aiming for a one month goal to have the site up with some of the content.

I have installed a learning management system which will allow for users to take interactive courses with lessons, quizzes and tests. There will be downloadable content as well. I am going to be providing everything free of charge with an option to donate. I have designed a lot of websites over the years, but this is the most involved yet! My goal is to have as professional a website as possible with as modern design as possible so that I can attract not only those already involved or knowledgable about EU but also those who might not otherwise come across this material.

If anyone would like to sign up for the mailing list: www.electric-minds.com

I have also set up an email account specifically for those that wish to contact me about the project with ideas, resources or information: contact.electricminds@gmail.com

rennie564

Unread post by rennie564 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:33 pm

UPDATE: Hi everyone, just wanted to give a slight update. I am still working on the basic functionality and framework of the website. It is coming together nicely. The project has had hundreds of people sign up for the mailing list to find more and when the site opens. A majority of these sign ups have come from regular homeschooling sites, forums, and groups that I have posted to. The next step will be to start building the lessons on the site. I am looking into creating a method for approved "teacher" accounts, so that others may build courses and lessons as well. I am always open to ideas and suggestions. Please don't hesitate to contact me with yours. If you have already contacted me and I have not responded yet, it is because I have received MANY emails about this. I am getting to them as quickly as I can.

To sign up for the mailing list: http://www.electric-minds.org OR http://www.electric-minds.com

To contact me directly: contact.electricminds@gmail.com

Thanks!

IgorTesla

Unread post by IgorTesla » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Got it bookmarked 8-)