Background reading?

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tayga

Background reading?

Unread post by tayga » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:41 am

Hello, this is my first post and I have some newbie questions based on both my ignorance and background. The EU material I’ve read is absolutely compelling. I’d like to dig deeper.

I’m a postdoc working in nanomaterials and so have something of a grasp of magnetism on the atomic scale. I’m also familiar with the conventional cosmology having taught it at beginner level for a while. :oops: What I lack is any significant knowledge of general plasma physics and phenomena or electrical theory beyond simple DC circuits. Since I’d like to take a critical approach to new data in the news, I’d be grateful if someone could recommend some good reading beyond the EU books. In particular, a gentle treatment of Maxwell/Lorentz would be handy. What would also be useful, if it exists, is a history of the development of ideas in cosmology that cites the key papers (I have access to the scientific literature and would like to see the original papers much as I was able to thanks to Stephen Crothers’ critique of Black Hole theory).

On a slightly different note, does anyone know where raw climate data could be obtained? I’m especially keen to be able to break down the components of GMST by latitude and land vs ocean.

Finally (for now), does anyone know whether there exist visible or short wavelength surveys that correspond with the WMAP microwave picture?

Many thanks. I hope to be able to return the favour. ;)
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

Total Science

Re: Background reading?

Unread post by Total Science » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm

tayga wrote:Hello, this is my first post and I have some newbie questions based on both my ignorance and background. The EU material I’ve read is absolutely compelling. I’d like to dig deeper.

I’m a postdoc working in nanomaterials and so have something of a grasp of magnetism on the atomic scale. I’m also familiar with the conventional cosmology having taught it at beginner level for a while. :oops: What I lack is any significant knowledge of general plasma physics and phenomena or electrical theory beyond simple DC circuits. Since I’d like to take a critical approach to new data in the news, I’d be grateful if someone could recommend some good reading beyond the EU books. In particular, a gentle treatment of Maxwell/Lorentz would be handy. What would also be useful, if it exists, is a history of the development of ideas in cosmology that cites the key papers (I have access to the scientific literature and would like to see the original papers much as I was able to thanks to Stephen Crothers’ critique of Black Hole theory).
http://oilismastery.blogspot.com/
On a slightly different note, does anyone know where raw climate data could be obtained? I’m especially keen to be able to break down the components of GMST by latitude and land vs ocean.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/

http://heliogenic.blogspot.com/
Finally (for now), does anyone know whether there exist visible or short wavelength surveys that correspond with the WMAP microwave picture?
Verschuur, G.L., High Galactic Latitude Interstellar Neutral Hydrogen Structure and Associated (WMAP) High-Frequency Continuum Emission, The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 671, Pages 447-457, Dec 2007
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

jjohnson

Re: Background reading?

Unread post by jjohnson » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:06 am