Moon Craters

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Hexagonal Craters

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 am

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35 pm Post subject: Unfinished Lady crater Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

The similarity in structure between Dpres' Unfinished Lady and the Pacific Ocean with its Ring of Fire is remarkable.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 am

- 30 -
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Another hexagonal crater at: http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/i ... ageID=3033

We really should be on the lookout for hexagonal impactors, there must be lots out there... ;)
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Ion01

Square craters on the moon.....

Unread post by Ion01 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 am

Two nights ago I was out with my new camera and telescope and took some pictures of the moon. I was unable to view and process the images until last night. I was so incredibly exited at not only looking at the moon through the scope but also imaging it becuase you can so easily make out the features which we commonly use as evidence for electrical scarring: raised centers of craters, flat floors, steep walls, crater chains, overlapping craters which leave the originial crater undisturbed. You can see these feature in the below image!
When I got the opportunity to process and view the images I had obtained I quickly began to notice some other striking features. I have seen pictures, and read about how they are formed here, of hexigon shaped craters but I was incredibly exited to find that I had imaged some myself. In the following picture I have outlined a few of the hexigon shaped craters which were especially distinct.
While showing this to my family my mother was quick to point out a crater which was distictly square in shape. I could hardly believe it! I had never heard of square craters! (I later searched on the net to find that there are many square craters but, like so many other things, we never hear about them as they do not fit standard theory.) After I began to look very closely I notice another crater just above it which has a hexigonal shape to it but was elongated and even had an elongated center which is raised. The following image shows the elongated crater outlined in blue and the distict square crater, which was pointed out to me, in red.
The next image shows the same area without outlines.
Upon a little further examination I found a much larger crater which has a square shape as well, although not as distict or "perfect" as the smaller one. The square crater is highlighted in red and a hexigon shaped crater is highlighted in blue for shape comparison.
The following image shows the same area without the oulines.
I am familiar with the raised centers and hexigon shapes a result of diocotron instability in the plasma discharge, however, I am not sure how squares are created. I assume it is a result of the same effect in that, depending on the amount of energy, the instability can have different numbers of "corners" or filaments which are temperarily stable.http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=re6qxnz1 I am correct in this assumption? Some clarification would be great!
Also, I am at a total loss as to how the elongated crater with the elongated raised center would form. Could anyone give me any insight?

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Square craters on the moon.....

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 am

Fantastic photos Ion01, you should be very proud of those. And great observations, I have often heard folk say things like "how come there's no hexagonal craters on our moon then?" etc. When really, all we have to do is look, to find polygonal craters on almost every solid body we can see. Outstanding!

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:59 am

I think the polygons are a bit of a stretch, personally.

Especially the square. One can clearly see that it's an otherwise relatively rounded large crater with a smaller crater at its rim. The square is drawn with the "corner" at the intersection of the smaller crater with the larger crater's rim and leaves out the lower section of the larger crater which taken as a whole is more or less "round." My opinion, of course.

But I tend not to read TOO much into them. I'd say that they do appear to display terracing though. That's pretty evident in many of the craters. IE, multiple levels around / inside the crater rims.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:12 pm

I guess I'd just say I'm more interested in the crater chains and the fact that many of the larger craters have smaller craters directly adjoining their rims. The terracing is also minorly interesting, as are the central bulges.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks for the input.
They seem so clear to me in their distict shape. Particularly some of the hexigons such as the one in the lower left with the raised center. It is incredibly well shaped. Especially when they are compaired to the almost perfect circles of many of the other craters. Yes, the corners are rounded but they have a straight shot to each of the rounded corners. Maybe tomorrow I will get on autocad and illustrate how geometrically they are still hex or square shaped even with the rounded corners.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Wow what kind of scope do you have?
Here are mine from last summer. I had an XT10 but sold it. It was not set up for photos but I just put the camara at the eye piece and took some. Your scope is very powerful.

8:30 PM Ontario Canada
Shot with Canon PowerShot S2 IS at 2007-07-22

Orion XT10 Intelliscope

Half Moon

North Pole

Conan the Moon Dog

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

electrodogg1

Unread post by electrodogg1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Hey JL, did your dog get tired of looking at the moon? When he looks at the moon through the scope does he bay? :lol: :lol:
Best,

David

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm

That is a nice scope. Mine is an etx-125. I used a sony f717 held to a 26mm eyepiece with a special adaptor. I am planning on doing some deep space stuff with the camera and a teleconverter when I get the opportunity to go to a good dark side site. I hope one day to have a scope similar to that but I wouldn't have been able to take it in my vehicle and do polar tracking but those are a lot better for deep space viewing. I actually put together a image intensifier tube that can be used on my scope to help with deep space viewing and so far has made a huge difference!

Also, post editing of the image can help alot. I ended up not have to do hardly any to this one but some other have had to take quite a bit. I will show you what I mean with one of yours later, as yours a quite good and won't take a whole lot.

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:18 am

Here it is. A single adjustment of the histogram is all it took.

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:37 am

I hadn't notice this forum when I started this one. http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... ?f=4&t=364
Check out my picture of the moon with hex and square craters. Hopefully I can get some more pictures of some other areas with oddly shaped craters soon. The weather has not allowed for it as of lately.

kmcook

NASA 1 million images online

Unread post by kmcook » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Is this site new?

I searched on craters and returned 2500+ pages of images!

http://www.nasaimages.org/

Osmosis

Re: NASA 1 million images online

Unread post by Osmosis » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 pm

:o Wow! Even a search on plasma, results in over 600 pages! :D