Mars - Water

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Mars - Water

Unread postby Ben D » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:17 am

Metryq wrote:Move along. Nothing to see here.
I think NASA will check it out...but are not willing to share the results in real time...hence the diversion story... Though I don't totally discount caution regarding the potential for some sort of contamination to possible basic life forms in the water....sort of like "War of the Worlds" in reverse..we bring our germs to them... :D
Ben D

Re: Mars - Water

Unread postby GaryN » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:13 am

Test for Damp Ground at Mars' Seasonal Streaks Finds None
The new results from NASA's Mars Odyssey mission rely on ground temperature, measured by infrared imaging using the spacecraft's Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS). They do not contradict last year's identification of hydrated salt at these flows, which since their 2011 discovery have been regarded as possible markers for the presence of liquid water on modern Mars. However, the temperature measurements now identify an upper limit on how much water is present at these darkened streaks: about as much as in the driest desert sands on Earth.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6597
I'm thinking closer examination might turn up evidence of electrical processes at work, perhaps they don't want to open up that can of worms.
"Totally dry mechanisms for explaining RSL should not be ruled out."

But will that include something like localised ion winds removing surface dust to expose a darker layer underneath?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller
GaryN

Sub-surface "lake" on Mars

Unread postby Metryq » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:39 am

Radar evidence of subglacial liquid water on Mars

Remember when "ice" was spotted on the mountains of Venus? Of course, there's a much greater "chance" for this sub-surface lake on Mars because scientists "know" the planet was once covered by vast oceans.

Every time I hear about "Earth-like" exoplanets, I am reminded of early 20th century astronomy when Venus was a jungle planet, or when Italian pastries were observed on Mars.
Metryq

Re: Sub-surface "lake" on Mars

Unread postby The Great Dog » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am

This speculation has been going on for a long time. A Google search for Martian water gave me this:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2009/ ... batana.htm

TGD
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog
The Great Dog

Previous

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science