Electric Clouds

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Recovered: Clouds and Gravity

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm Post subject: Clouds and Gravity Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

Somewhere on the forum I had read about clouds and gravity and that they should not technically be floating. Well I had never heard of a Anvil Cloud which they say is mainly ice. Thats pretty wild, a huge cloud of ice that size at the bottom of the stratosphere just floating there.
:shock:
anvilqe0.jpg
ABOVE THE STORM: The afternoon sky darkened. Grey clouds billowed to the heavens. Thunder shook the ground and lightning danced overhead. The first droplets of heavy rain were just hitting the ground when the spaceship flew by....

This really happened on Feb. 5th when the International Space Station (ISS) flew over western Africa during an afternoon thunderstorm in Mali:

Orbiting Earth 200 miles high at a speed of 17,000 mph, astronauts took the picture using a Nikon D2Xs peering through one of the space station's many windows. It shows an enormousAnvil Cloud. Anvil clouds form in the tops of thunderstorms 5 to 10 miles high and consist mainly of ice. They get their anvil shape from the fact that the rising air in thunderstorms expands and spreads out as the air bumps up against the bottom of the stratosphere. There's no new science or meteorology in this photo--just a shot of rare beauty.

3D LINK

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Clouds and Gravity

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:51 pm Post subject: Electric Clouds Reply with quote
OP "Steve Smith"

Electric Clouds

Picture of the Day for 12/17/07.

SS
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"
Somewhere on the forum I had read about clouds and gravity and that they should not technically be floating
why do clouds float

This explanation does not hold up for mesospheric clouds which are also composed of ice.

This struck me too, I was also amazed at Arcus's video of dolphins playing with what looks like a ring of bubbles. The bubble ring doesn't seem to rise in the water as you would expect them to.

Some time ago I caught the end of a documentary about ufos. There was a gentleman who claimed to have worked on experimental aircraft for the military, specifically trying to create anti gravity through some sort of an electrified coil. To demonstrate this he had a small coil sitting on top of a desk, it didn't look too fancy, just a coil of copper wire, but when the power was switched on it jumped from the table top and hung in the air constrained only by the wire supplying the power.

This seemed to me to be a demonstration of anti gravity and I was amazed that the documentary did not make a bigger deal about this. I also read that once a liquid is cooled to a point very close to absolute zero it defies gravity. I believe that there is some property of moving electrons which cause the object to dislocate from the local gravitational constant, the same force that causes a volcanic plume to rise through the Earth and the sun to spit great plumes of gas out of the deepest gravity well in our Solar System.

Bit of a mad idea for this thread, sorry.

Cheers!

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

What, redeye, are you maaad? ;) ;)
The weird thing to me about the explanation of the anvil cloud is their statement that the cloud "bumps up against the bottom of the stratosphere." Whaaaaaaa? Surprised What's there to bump up against? Now there is a distinct temperature inversion at that point, but my understanding of this is that it is adiabatic [gravity-based] combined with kinetic properties of the air molecules... as I understand, the ice particles in the anvil simply reach a size/state of equilibrium between the uplifting forces [which certainly may be electric] and the gravitational force at that altitude. Many of the ice crystals at this level assume the shape of those amazing structures that adorn the "Snowflakes" forum from a couple weeks back!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse with opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"
Some time ago I caught the end of a documentary about ufos. There was a gentleman who claimed to have worked on experimental aircraft for the military, specifically trying to create anti gravity through some sort of an electrified coil. To demonstrate this he had a small coil sitting on top of a desk, it didn't look too fancy, just a coil of copper wire, but when the power was switched on it jumped from the table top and hung in the air constrained only by the wire supplying the power.

This seemed to me to be a demonstration of anti gravity and I was amazed that the documentary did not make a bigger deal about this.
That would be Lockheeds Boyd Bushman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5JgG1- ... re=related

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"
That would be Lockheeds Boyd Bushman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5JgG1- ... re=related

Thanks man! That's exactly the clip I saw.
The weird thing to me about the explanation of the anvil cloud is their statement that the cloud "bumps up against the bottom of the stratosphere." Whaaaaaaa?

Atmosphere

And down into the ocean

ocean

It's weird that the Earth seems to consist of layers like an onion whilst the gas giants are banded, at the surface at least.

If the Earth is a cathode imbedded in the aether, gravity could be the pressure of the aether rushing to the cathode, speeding up as it goes. This could increase the charge imparted on air and water molecules as you get closer to the centre, these molecules then organise themselves into layers. The same could apply for Saturn's ring system.

Cheers!

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Axis Monday"
cloud1up.jpg
cloud1up.jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 9841 times
I had always wondered why clouds normally have a flat bottom then go upwards from there. If it was due to a thermal layer they should be fluffy underneath and then have a flat top.

Then I finally got my answer as the EU would suggest that they are areas of electric charge or areas of "leakage" between one layer and the next. In the photo you can just imagine the ion exchange happening.

I suppose the fact that clouds have a different physical structure (look) at different heights shows the charge or charge difference between those layers?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

Welcome, Axis.
I'm kind of new around here myself, so am learning new things every day. Earth's atmosphere is a multilayered structure, several layers of which are clearly electrical: The ozone layer, ionosphere, and magnetosphere clearly function [and are virtually defined] electrically, in addition to our tropospheric/biospheric home. Examining orders of magnitude of distance [or gaps, you capacitor experts Smile] between the layers reveals some remarkable quantitative "coincidences". One tickler here is the ionospheric D layer 314 km, and max ozone layer at 31.4 km. Check out also the numerical relationship between the lunar semi-major axis and the altitude of the Van Allen belt max. Like Joni Mitchell, I've looked at clouds from both sides now... I keep findiing, as Junglelord said in another post, that geometry is a key to understanding the unity of the universe, both terrestrially and ET'ly. Nevertheless, I need further clarification on the role of plasma [eg. double layers] in meteorology... I get very tangled up in the threads we already have here, any way they might be more simply indexed... an alphabetical by topic outline or something?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse with opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

Speaking of electrically defining atmospheric layers, I should have also mentioned that the mesopshere is the site of most meteor occurrences, and the EU certainly would have them electrically discharging here... any one her know what are the electrical properties of the mesosphere?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "david barclay"

Electrically charged yes............but this is not the answer.

Bushman's explanation is why we still don't have gravity under control.

How would it be possible for so many tons of water and or ice to simply float around in the air?

Due to a differential in energy existing between the water and the surrounding air..........the electrical differential is a dynamic response to such a condition and if viewed as the cause hides the answer from view.

Certainly we have an electrically charged universe, but lets not put the cart before the horse.

If we avoid including an underlying force of energy determining the form and function of physical structure we are missing a very important part of the puzzle.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"
The weird thing to me about the explanation of the anvil cloud is their statement that the cloud "bumps up against the bottom of the stratosphere."

Would the inference here be that the "anvil" shape, produced by the cloud top flattening as it presses against the underside of the stratosphere, creates a conductive medium for charge to pass from the stratosphere to the troposhere. This could be why the head of these anvil shaped clouds is positively charged.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

Interesting question... how about adding to the question:
Could stratospheric ozone be moved as a plasma downward, or upward, through this capacitance setup? Does this have anything to do with the behavior or formation of sprites, etc.?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

According to the antigravity/free energy video I watched last night the motion of the van allen belts and the magnetosphere in relation to solar current (wind) create constant motion of the different plasma regions and therefore into the atmosphere, especially at the stratosphere region, but actually all the way to the ground do these motion induced currents travel

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleatmosphere.html
Since air has weight it must also have density, which is the weight for a chosen volume, such as a cubic inch or cubic meter. If clouds are made up of particles, then they must have weight and density. The key to why clouds float is that the density of the same volume of cloud material is less than the density of the same amount of dry air. Just as oil floats on water because it is less dense, clouds float on air because the moist air in clouds is less dense than dry air.

We still need to answer the question of how much a cloud weighs. For an example, let's use your basic "everyday" cloud—the cumulus cloud with a volume of about 1 cubic kilometer (km) located about 2 km above the ground. In other words, it is a cube about 1 km on each side. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) provides some estimates of air and cloud density and weight. NOAA found that dry air has a density of about 1.007 kilograms/cubic meter (kg/m3), moist air comes in at about 0.627 kg/m3, and the density of the actual cloud droplets is about 0.0005 kg/m3. The density of the cloud is thus about 62 percent of dry air. In the final calculations, the 1 km3 cumulus cloud weighs a whopping 1.4 billion pounds (635 million kilograms)! But the cloud floats because the weight of the same volume of dry air is even more, about 2.2 billion pounds (1 billion kilograms). Still, remember that it is the lesser density of the cloud that allows it to float on the dryer and more-dense air.
Ok, considering these guys and girls have the all tools to back this up, I think we can accept that:

1) Dry air is denser than cloud.
--> clouds must displace some amount of dry air
--> a cloud is a physically separate entity in the atmosphere

2) Water in a cloud is the "reason" the cloud is less dense than drier air
--> Opaque air is less dense than transparent but also moist air
--> normal air also holds water but is not a cloud, i.e. opaque

So, something (or the lack of something) turns normal moist air into an opaque cloud, which then floats on a pressure/plasma barrier like foam on a lake and in turn is capped under a pressure/plasma barrier under the stratosphere (like a thermocline).

What is it then that makes normal air go through a phase shift? Personally I think it is a sign of low plasma density. That is, there is a cloud lurking inside all of moist air. Under normal plasma densities, the cloud is contained like a popcorn kernel. Drop the plasma density and the air will "pop" into a cloud, which then takes on a life of its own.

As for ice in clouds this isn't so hard to accept either. Ice is less dense than water.

So if you have a separate atmospheric entity called a cloud- which is full of water, then the less dense water should float on the top.

--> Ice at the top.

It is only when the cloud lattice breaks down that you get re-crystallization, or "mineralization" of the water (remember, ice is a technically a mineral). Specific gravity is changed and you get precipitation.

seasmith

Curious Cloud Formations linked to Quakes

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 am

&
Curious cloud formations linked to quakes
11 April 2008

Geophysicists Guangmeng Guo and Bin Wang of Nanyang Normal University in Henan, China, noticed a gap in the clouds in satellite images from December 2004 that precisely matched the location of the main fault in southern Iran. It stretched for hundreds of kilometres, was visible for several hours and remained in the same place, although the clouds around it were moving. At the same time, thermal images of the ground showed that the temperature was higher along the fault. Sixty-nine days later, on 22 February 2005, an earthquake of magnitude 6.4 hit the area, killing more than 600 people.

In December 2005, a similar formation again appeared in the clouds for a few hours. Sixty-four days later, an earthquake of magnitude 6 shook the region ...
...Another idea is that ionisation may be involved...
http://environment.newscientist.com/art ... uakes.html