Electric Clouds

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

redeye

Re: Clouds and lightning

Unread post by redeye » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:00 am

lightning strikes the sears tower in chicago

you can actually see a glowing cloud drifting away after the some of the strikes.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

Influx

Re: Clouds and lightning

Unread post by Influx » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am

webolife wrote:Isn't the roll of thunder simply the reflection of the sound waves from local/regional topographic [and manmade] structures?
I always thought thunder was the result of the collapsing vacuum channel created by the like charges in the lighting strike. The roll of thunder is because the channels are long and do not collapse all at the same time.
Today is the yesterday of tomorrow.

rcglinsk

Nagging question about clouds

Unread post by rcglinsk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

I bet most people on this forum are familiar with the argument over what causes solar and planetary magnetic fields and that the conventional answer is something called a seedless self-sustaining dynamo. A similar theory is offered for creating charge separation in clouds. Solid water is more likely to carry negative charge, gaseous water positive; and diffusion forces separate them. I see one key difference in this theory, that the very large dynamos are too big to simulate while the cloud theory could theoretically be demonstrated in a laboratory. Does anyone know if that has happened?

The Great Dog

Re: Nagging question about clouds

Unread post by The Great Dog » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:40 pm

The Great Dog has been reading Picture of the Day articles in order to understand various Electric Universe concepts and play catch up. One of them carries the title, "Electric Clouds." An Electric Universe physicist, Wal Thornhill also discusses storm clouds, referring to them as capacitors that tend to align charged water molecules in the e-field.

On another thread is this forum, there was mention of a Danish scientist who has some evidence to present about cosmic rays and cloud formation. The Great Dog knows that cosmic rays are highly energetic ions, so they are an electrical input from space to the terran atmosphere.

There is so little information available, however, that the Great Dog is not persuaded to howl. When there is more to hear, then howling might occur in the night.
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:28 pm

There's a variety of different clouds. Different root causes for each I'm sure.

Here's an interesting thing I noticed out of the office window today- I looked up and there was a thing band of clouds left in the wake of the low lying cloud cover that broke up over our area as this big North American front moved over the midwest.

This band had a periodic curvature, and I swear it looked helical. It looked like the curved 'sinuous rilles' that were reported on Io, I think it was. The one Wal Thornhill said put the kibosh on the notion of those rilles on that moon being related to 'ice cracks' or whatever.

Is it possible that Birkland currents can reach down through the upper atmosphere to the lower atmosphere without diffusion, to cause such an effect? Does or upper atmosphere *always* discharge via sprites, jets, and elves, or can the charge maintain a greater cohesion... especially now in the face of stronger solar activity?

That would be a helluvan effect to see if it ever went into glow mode if so! ;)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:54 am

Another cloud mystery:
[url2=http://www.physorg.com/news84124233.html]Scientists Want to Solve Puzzle of Excess Water Vapor Near Cirrus Clouds[/url2]

nick c

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 pm

It seems that water, both liquid and vapor, are in a natural state of ionization. Water, in it's natural condition, is a plasma! That explains a lot about the unique properties of water. Maybe the lunar tidal oscillations are due to water, being a plasma, responding to the changing Sun/Earth/Moon electrical environment.
So basically, the atmosphere, the oceans and the interior magma are plasmas. About the only part of Earth that's not plasma is the crust. The conductivity of all that plasma on Earth could explain why Earths, electrically produced, magnetic field is stronger than Mars or Venus, it's just a better conductor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-ionization_of_water

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1933PhRv...43..116S

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... e865a9adc7
While it's one of the most important and abundant chemical compounds on Earth, water is still a puzzle to scientists.
It's going to continue to be a puzzle until they recognize that it's a plasma.

http://www.physorg.com/news110191847.html

I know I've seen a link to a 'water bridge' article on the forum somewhere, but it's so cool, I thought it was worth repeating.
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 pm

solrey wrote: I know I've seen a link to a 'water bridge' article on the forum somewhere, but it's so cool, I thought it was worth repeating.
Here?

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =634#p5881
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 pm

I wonder about another one of MGmirkin's links: Ice at room temperature, aided by electricity. Do the so-called "Ice Ages" come to mind? :?: :?:

saturnine

Unread post by saturnine » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 am

I'm thinking about hail formation...

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 am

During recent observations of the accumulation of clouds before this last rainy spell we've had off the back hill, I noticed while driving around the back country roads, explaining to my son that it was going to rain soon, that these cirrus clouds and particularly the rain that never reaches the ground had exactly the same visual affect as the Aurora's seen over the poles, although in shades of greys not the vibrant colours associated with the Northern/ Southern Light.
aurora-borealis-curtains-alaska.jpg

I would have to concur that watervapor has similar properties especially when considered with the formation of clouds, and that occurs. As far as the hail issue goes, I think that it rains vertical as well wrt the rain that never hits the groun.

Now this is just observation and interpretation from an untrained lay man so for what it's worth I have no scientific proof so exalted in some circles.

The pillars of creation nebula sure look cumulus, or cumulo nimbus in structure. Maybe it's all fluid dynamics, I have yet been able to discern these visual observations on video.

Jaythree

Unread post by Jaythree » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:23 pm

The clouds that most obviously exhibit electromagnetic/plasma properties are lenticular clouds. They are seen downwind of mountain ranges on dry, windy days and look like stacks of pancakes (or plasma disks, if you have the eye) at high altitude (uusally 18,000-40,000'). A "roll cloud" is usually evident in the lee of the mountains and at a lower altitude. The roll cloud looks like a horizontal log and is a zone of high turbulence. Often, dust devils appear at ground level. As a glider pilot can testify that lenticular clouds make for soaring nirvana. The condition is called "wave" because it is believed by weather people that harmonic waves are set up as the wind passes over the crests of a ridge and the clouds fill in the troughs of the waves. Very strong updrafts accompany wave, so that a glider can rise without engine at rates over 2,000 feet per minute (the altitude record for a glider in wave is 48,000'). It is more than likely that the lenticular disks are plasmoids...strongly charged objects. See attached photo of lenticular stacks above Mt. Rainier in WA state.
Lenticular cloud stack above Mt. Rainier
Lenticular cloud stack above Mt. Rainier

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Sat May 02, 2009 7:55 pm

@ Jaythree:

I have read the TPOD cloud story, and read various other accounts of clouds, but the picture and explanation you present is compelling. :)

Influx

Unread post by Influx » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 pm

rcglinsk wrote:. .... A similar theory is offered for creating charge separation in clouds. Solid water is more likely to carry negative charge, gaseous water positive; and diffusion forces separate them. I see one key difference in this theory, that the very large dynamos are too big to simulate while the cloud theory could theoretically be demonstrated in a laboratory. Does anyone know if that has happened?
http://www.linux-host.org/energy/akelv1.html

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/emotor/kelvin.html

In the late 19 th century and early 20 th century there was performed a nearly forgotten experiment that generated static electricity. by lord Kelvin as shown in the photograph below.
Falling drops of water generate static electric charge in a suitable arrangement.
Today is the yesterday of tomorrow.

coollcguy21

New Type of Cloud

Unread post by coollcguy21 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey, I ran across this article and thought that these strange new clouds could have something to do with the electric universe idea. Any thoughts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... world.html