Earth's Surface Formed Recently

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

PersianPaladin

Re: Magnetic Dating?

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 pm

You might find this interesting:-

http://www.archaeophysics.com/pubs/LIRM.html

Some craters on the Moon show these magnetic dipole features quite prominently, have a significant gravity anomaly and are evidence of EDM. I explore that in some detail as part of my upcoming documentary (see sig).

Metryq

Re: Magnetic Dating?

Unread post by Metryq » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks for the links, PersianPaladin. One of the tricks of effective searching is knowing key terms, like LIRM.

I look forward to your documentary.

reka

Re: Earth's Surface Formed Recently

Unread post by reka » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Sorry that I am such a leyman on this issue but I need to ask a question.

I've been reading about lightning strikes through out the world and have noticed that the most strikes occur in the Republic of the Congo in Africa. I also know that in Florida the Orlando Tampa corridor receives huges amounts of lightning strikes yearly.

What is really interesting is that these 2 areas are also limestone rich, as the state of Florida sits on top of a limestone base.

Does anyone have a theory as to why lightning might be attracted to limestone?
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the ELEMENTS shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up
...But Dmitri Mendeleev didn't establish the periodic table till 1869

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Here's a map of world lightning strikes: http://geology.com/articles/lightning-map.shtml

Here's one for limestone caves: http://www.reec.nsw.edu.au/geo/cave/cav ... cavelo.htm

Here's one for sedimentary basins: http://kids.britannica.com/comptons/art ... -the-world

The limestone and lightning don't seem to correlate well. Do they?

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Does anyone have a theory as to why lightning might be attracted to limestone?
Doesn't seem to be. It seems to occur In humid areas more often. Also in the north of India, there looks like a line of intense strikes over the mountains.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 pm

This seems to evidence the convective paradigm for lightning formation to me.
Lightning occurs at cold fronts and where topographical features [mountains] cause rapid uplift of moisture laden air. I don't see any evidence of a correlation let alone causative relation between limestone and lightning. That being said, a number of mountainous regions are found to be topped with limestone, but I find that to be a sedimentary depositional result, and a mere coincidence with regard to the lightning question.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Supernova left its mark in ancient bacteria

15 April 2013
In 2004, scientists reported finding the isotope iron-60, which does not form on Earth, in a piece of sea floor from the Pacific Ocean1. They calculated how long ago this radioactive isotope had arrived by using the rate at which it decays over time. The culprit, they concluded, was a supernova in the cosmic neighbourhood.

Iron sink
Bishop wondered if he could find signs of that explosion in the fossil record on Earth2. Some natural candidates are certain species of bacteria that gather iron from their environment to create 100-nanometre-wide magnetic crystals, which the microbes use to orient themselves within Earth’s magnetic field so that they can navigate to their preferred conditions. These 'magnetotactic' bacteria live in sea-floor sediments.
Also see red sands, red clays, red ochre, etc.

http://www.nature.com/news/supernova-le ... ia-1.12797

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi s,
I think the supernova model resulted in a bit of a quandary for astrophysicists, as the required mass of the star needed for such to happen would put it way over the size where they thought a black hole should form. Of course that's not a problem if you don't believe in black holes, and even less of a problem if, like me, you don't believe in supernovas either! Or not the description of them as presented by standard science anyway.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 pm

G.
Right, or could as easily be that Fe came from Earth's interior, brought to surface by Galvanic circuit action, then assimilated and transformed by the "magnetotactic bacteria".
Besides being rained on from time immemorial with the meteoric iron guts of lost planetoids.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I must admit to being fixated on a spherical CME model, one originating from the inner, iron ion shell, and having the highest energies of any CME event. So all surface features are from outside influences, not internal. It is still only an assumption that Earths core, if it has one, is iron.
The supernovas observed by astronomers could be, IMO, from just such an event, and perhaps seen from a great distance, the events that resurface the Earth and other solar system bodies every now and then, may look just the same, and the shock front may well still be travelling outwards, thinning as it goes, and be responsible for what we see from inside the shell as the CMBR.
This Cas A image shows iron (pink) being at the surface, but relying on a conventional model they say "Since iron is the heaviest element shown, these maps support the suggestion that the layers of the star were overturned either before or during the explosion", but even (some of) the ancient Greeks asked if an 'atom' coming from nearer the center of the sun would travel faster than one from closer to the surface, and I think they were correct. The iron would have been the most energetic and have caused the most modification of Earths surface I'd think.
That sums up my present thinking anyway.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am

You've gone way beyond my paltry knowledge of novae there G; but i would just add the comment that, with all the highly evolved electric models around, the power of a simple Galvanic circuits, intrinsic between dissimilar conductors, is often overlooked.
[ Ever had like a steel nut irrevocably 'welded' to an aluminium bolt? When i was in school they used to call that "Galvanic action".]
These type circuits are vastly multiplied in power and capacity when joined with any sort of electric 'eddy currents', which are clearly ubiquitous around Earth.

Also under-appreciated, according to many bio~journals, is the long and prodigious histories of Archea, Bacteria and Eukaryota in metabolizing Fe (and other minerals) and then redepositing those elements in the lithic layers, from red clays of the Piedmont belt to the red sandstones of the US southwest, and many. many places world-wide.

Not to say there wasn't a lot of inter-solar/stellar help along the way....

;)

Nitrogen–vacancy (NV) colour centres in diamond (see Methods for details) enable nanometre-scale magnetic sensing and imaging under ambient conditions7, 8. As recently shown using a variety of methods6, 9, 10, NV centres within room-temperature diamond can be brought into close proximity (a few nanometres) of magnetic field sources of interest while maintaining long NV electronic spin coherence times (of the order of milliseconds), a large (about one Bohr magneton) Zeeman shift of the NV spin states, and optical preparation and readout of the NV spin. Recent demonstrations of NV-diamond magnetometry include high-precision sensing and submicrometre imaging of externally applied and controlled magnetic fields6, 9, 10, 11; detection of electron12 and nuclear13, 14, 15 spins; and imaging of a single electron spin within a neighbouring diamond crystal with ~10 nm resolution16. However, a key challenge for NV-diamond magnetometry is submicrometre imaging of spins and magnetic nanoparticles located outside the diamond crystal and within a target of interest. Here we present the first such demonstration of NV-diamond imaging of the magnetic field distribution produced by a living biological specimen.
Magnetotactic Bacterium
Magnetic imaging is a powerful tool for probing biological and physical systems. However, existing techniques either have poor spatial resolution compared to optical microscopy and are hence not generally applicable to imaging of sub-cellular structure (for example, magnetic resonance imaging1), or entail operating conditions that preclude application to living biological samples while providing submicrometre resolution (for example, scanning superconducting quantum interference device microscopy2, electron holography3 and magnetic resonance force microscopy4). Here we demonstrate magnetic imaging of living cells (magnetotactic bacteria) under ambient laboratory conditions and with sub-cellular spatial resolution (400 nanometres), using an optically detected magnetic field imaging array consisting of a nanometre-scale layer of nitrogen–vacancy colour centres implanted at the surface of a diamond chip. With the bacteria placed on the diamond surface, we optically probe the nitrogen–vacancy quantum spin states and rapidly reconstruct images of the vector components of the magnetic field created by chains of magnetic nanoparticles (magnetosomes) produced in the bacteria. We also spatially correlate these magnetic field maps with optical images acquired in the same apparatus. Wide-field microscopy allows parallel optical and magnetic imaging of multiple cells in a population with submicrometre resolution and a field of view in excess of 100 micrometres. Scanning electron microscope images of the bacteria confirm that the correlated optical and magnetic images can be used to locate and characterize the magnetosomes in each bacterium. Our results provide a new capability for imaging bio-magnetic structures in living cells under ambient conditions with high spatial resolution, and will enable the mapping of a wide range of magnetic signals within cells and cellular networks5, 6.

Magnetotactic bacteria (MTB) are of considerable interest as a model system for the study of molecular mechanisms of biomineralization17, 18 and have often been used for testing novel biomagnetic imaging modalities3, 19, 20, 21. MTB form magnetosomes, membrane-bound organelles containing nanoparticles of magnetite (Fe3O4) or greigite (Fe3S4), that are arranged in chains with a net dipole moment, allowing the bacteria to orient and travel along geomagnetic field lines (magnetotaxis)17, 18. Magnetic nanoparticles produced in the magnetosomes are chemically pure, single-domain monocrystalline ferrimagnets, with species-specific morphologies and strikingly uniform size distributions17, 18

justcurious

Electric Earth - Hudson Bay Gravity & Magnetic Anomalies

Unread post by justcurious » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

Greetings,

I have grew up in Quebec, Canada, seeing maps of Hudson Bay all my life.
Here is a map taken from the wikipedia entry on Hudson Bay:

Throughout my life, I always assumed it was created by some sort of huge meteor impact some zillions of years ago.
There are clear circular shapes, we also see the familiar "secondary crater on the rim of the primary", and the region is peppered with lakes looking like results of meteor impacts, several of the lakes are shaped in circles/rings (like looking at a donut). After reading some posts on this forum, I was amazed to find that the Hudson Bay has many mysteries, the main one being that gravity is weaker over the Hudson Bay area. It turns out that this mystery was supposedly "solved' thanks to "acurate satellite measurements". the most popular theory is that huge amounts of ice pushed the mantle down, making a depression and hence less mass and less gravity, and now that the ice retreated the mantle is coming back up slowly. Now apparently, scientists are running away with this theory and extrapolating the location of ice thousands of years ago. The other theory is that it has to do with lava flows underground. Neither theory seems verifiable. Here is a good summary of these two leading theories:

starbiter (Michael Steinbacher) posted some very interesting geological maps of this area in his "are mountains are a result of duning" thread (pg. 63). I found the following very interesting map, showing that the Hudson Bay is surrounded by metamorphic rock. metamorphic rock would be rock that was transformed =under extreme conditions of heat and pressure. I suppose that the ice was so heavy that it heated the rocks :roll: Not only that, but it would not do this in other areas where there was ice coverage. Further, the Bay would have been filled with ice which is less massive than today's liquid water (ie the density would have increased). I just find the whole thing highly doubtful. In addition to the below maps, starbiter also provided a link to a pdf file of a map of North American magnetic anomalies.

Full resolution here

And here is one map I found of the gravitational anomaly (couldn't get it to show directly in this post):

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/15967 ... ay-SPL.jpg

So would the leading theories propose that these rock types around the Hudson bay are just a coincidence? And that the mechanisms suggested would only apply to the Hudson Bay and not to other areas experiencing similar ice-age conditions? And that the very clearly circular shapes are just a coincidence? Magnetic anomalies surrounding the Hudson Bay also a coincidence? There's alot of coincidences there.
It seems far more likely that there was some huge catastrophic event in the area, and there's probably something burried under the Hudson Bay, and as Wal mentionned I believe somewhere, another coincidence is that gravitational anomalies also are found together with magnetic anomalies.
Why is it that I can make some sense of all this stuff, and these hot shot scientists can see further than their noses???

justcurious

Re: Electric Earth - Hudson Bay Gravity & Magnetic Anomalies

Unread post by justcurious » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm

justcurious wrote:there's probably something burried under the Hudson Bay
Perhaps more appropriate would be "something ripped the earth out of Hudson bay"... hence less mass... makes more sense electrically.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi jc,
Why is it that I can make some sense of all this stuff, and these hot shot scientists can see further than their noses???
Because, I'd say, that to even entertain an alternative to the standard model, such as plasma/electricity, would lead to having to admit to the MAGNITUDE of what must have happened to the Earth in the past. Perhaps it didn't all happen at once, which would confuse things even for EU advocates, but even the Great Lakes present a big problem for the standard model, and glacial excavation is the only acceptable mechanism if you can not even consider something like ion etching.

The metamorphic rock around Hudsons bay could have been from impactor shocking, but as you note, there is less gravity there, so only electrical excavation and EMP shocking could have both created the hole and transformed the rock at one go. Images like the ones on this site indicate, to me, extreme electrical and magnetic and melting processes, on a (to us tiny humans) HUGE scale, from EM forces and not the accepted models.

Strained Timiskaming-type metaconglomerates from Ontario
http://blogs.agu.org/mountainbeltway/20 ... miskaming/

I'm satisfied that it has been predominantly electrical events that have shaped the Earth, but without a serious challenge from a goodly number of recognised scientists in the appropriate disciplines, and perhaps more experimental evidence, then nothing much will change. As with cosmology, when they run out of answers, they invent some new processes, give them fancy technical names, and hope nobody questions their explanations. And millions or billions of years of course, just to help paper over any cracks in their models.

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I know the following question is probably better voiced in the NIAMI board, but the thought is prompted by this thread.

Is it possible that any material that might have been "duned" into mountains could have come from, not another planet, but from elsewhere on this planet?

Whenever I look at the loops of magnetism on the sun, I always wonder if they are picking up substance from one end of the loop and depositing it at the other end of the loop.

The other "wild and crazy" idea that I've had lately is to wonder, if and when the next planet-wide magnetic reversal takes place, is it possible that there will be massive disassociation of the materials that make up the planet, and then a re-conglomeration of them after they have been "shaken and stirred"?

I got that idea from the phenomenon of liquefaction that can happen to soil during earthquakes.

If the electromagnetic gravity (or whatever it is that holds things together), when disrupted, allows their parts to break apart, then could that happen at a planetary level?

And what would it take to cause a planetary-level disruption like that?