Electric Volcanoes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Sarychev Volcano

Unread postby popster1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 am

While I am convinced of the basic truth of the electric universe, in this case no electrical explanation is necessary. The hole in the clouds can be explained by a rising column of warm air above the volcano.
I've lived long enough to see nearly everything I ever believed to be true disproved at least once.
User avatar
popster1
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:03 am

Re: Sarychev Volcano

Unread postby MosaicDave » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:56 am

popster1 wrote:While I am convinced of the basic truth of the electric universe, in this case no electrical explanation is necessary. The hole in the clouds can be explained by a rising column of warm air above the volcano.

But, to me anyway, it doesn't really look like that, does it? If the layer of clouds had somehow been drawn into the central aperture by convection, as I think you're suggesting, wouldn't you expect to see wisps and streams of clouds stretching inwards and upwards, rather than the clean, sharp, circular transition that's evident in the imagery?
MosaicDave
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Sarychev Volcano

Unread postby mharratsc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:25 am

Thank you, Dave! That was exactly what I was trying to get at, but you said it better. :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington
mharratsc
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:37 am

Japanese Volcano shows off some Volcanic Lightning

Unread postby Tzunamii » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am

Lightning and fire: Japan on alert after volcano's biggest eruption in 50 years


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351064/Japan-raises-alert-following-volcanos-biggest-eruption-50-years.html#ixzz1CFsqsxFR
Fantastic volcanic ligntning pic.
User avatar
Tzunamii
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Aardwolf » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 am

Interesting article about volcanoes here originally from Nature.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/2002668/before_the_explosion_volcanos_warning_tremors_explained/

No matter their size or shape, explosive volcanoes produce tremors at similar frequencies for minutes, days or weeks before they erupt. In the Feb. 24 issue of the journal Nature, researchers at Yale University and the University of British Columbia (UBC) describe a model that explains this strange phenomenon – and may help forecast deadly eruptions.

Maybe there is an electrical explanation as to why all vocanoes vibrate at similar frequencies prior to eruption. The phenomena certainly doesn't support a mechanical effect when you consider the different sizes, pressure and differing material involved at different eruptions.
Aardwolf
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Sparky » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:55 am

interesting...with a frequency range of 0.5 to 7 HZ, they are just below telluric currents, from what i know about them. I don't see why that range of frequencies could not be mechanical.

Theta (4-7hz) brain waves are in that range.

The human body is particularly sensitive to vibrations and infrasound near 7 Hz, at which frequency there is an overall mechanical resonance of organs -


Side note: Maybe that is why animals are alarmed by dangerous natural events?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Sparky
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Aardwolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 am

Sparky wrote:interesting...with a frequency range of 0.5 to 7 HZ, they are just below telluric currents, from what i know about them. I don't see why that range of frequencies could not be mechanical.


No I don't dispute they could be mechanical. The point is why are all volcanoes, irrespective of their size etc., at the same frequency? That doesn't equate to a mechanical explanation.
Aardwolf
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Sparky » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Aardwolf wrote:
Sparky wrote:interesting...with a frequency range of 0.5 to 7 HZ, they are just below telluric currents, from what i know about them. I don't see why that range of frequencies could not be mechanical.


No I don't dispute they could be mechanical. The point is why are all volcanoes, irrespective of their size etc., at the same frequency? That doesn't equate to a mechanical explanation.


Maybe looking at the size of the volcano is a distraction, and the size of the earth trumps it?..

that range of freq. is what one would expect from the earth, and the .5 to 7 hz are very low rumblings...to me indicative of mechanical shifting of a huge objects...

i don't know how to say it, but for "earth noises", that may be a very wide range of frequencies...now if that is true, then one would have to see a frequency span of less than 1hz to say that they are similar...i don't know..just guessing.

an answer? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3701944.stm
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Sparky
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby JohnMT » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Wouldn't all this have something to do with remnant electric currents that are still circulating within the Earth and which were probably induced by earlier encounters with exo-terrestrial planets not so long ago?

If the Earth is an electrified body, which I believe it to be (based on real evidence), then the causations of this induced electrification needs to be investigated.

For sure, in my understanding, volcanic eruptions have much to do with the electric force/potential difference between the Earth and that existing beyond the upper atmosphere, but there is still an unexplained phenomenon that permeates the inner mantle and core of the Earth that is also a contributing factor.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers,

John
JohnMT
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:52 am

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Aardwolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Sparky wrote:that range of freq. is what one would expect from the earth, and the .5 to 7 hz are very low rumblings...to me indicative of mechanical shifting of a huge objects...

i don't know how to say it, but for "earth noises", that may be a very wide range of frequencies...now if that is true, then one would have to see a frequency span of less than 1hz to say that they are similar...i don't know..just guessing.
The article stated that the range is between 0.5 and 2 for up to 2 weeks prior to eruption. The larger 0.5 to 7 range only occurs just prior to the eruption. Probably because there is structural movement at that point.
Aardwolf
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby Sparky » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 am

Aardwolf wrote:
Sparky wrote:that range of freq. is what one would expect from the earth, and the .5 to 7 hz are very low rumblings...to me indicative of mechanical shifting of a huge objects...

i don't know how to say it, but for "earth noises", that may be a very wide range of frequencies...now if that is true, then one would have to see a frequency span of less than 1hz to say that they are similar...i don't know..just guessing.
The article stated that the range is between 0.5 and 2 for up to 2 weeks prior to eruption. The larger 0.5 to 7 range only occurs just prior to the eruption. Probably because there is structural movement at that point.


yes, that is true, but is it of importance since they and we are speculating? I would expect structural movements at each stage of an eruption. Even before and after!

Now, electrical forces may initiate all of this and play a continuing role, but with such huge movements of mass, i think the vibrations are more likely mechanical, mass responding to force.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Sparky
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Electric Volcanos

Unread postby nick c » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 am

This thread is a composite of the following threads:

Eyjafjallajökull volcano lightning

Chile's Chaiten Volcano Eruption (lots of lightning pics)

Bright light over Llaima Volcano, Chile
User avatar
nick c
Moderator
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: connecticut

Re: Electric Volcanoes?

Unread postby nick c » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 am

This thread is combined with the following threads:

Japanese Volcano shows off some Volcanic Lightning

Sarychev Volcano

Like Mars "Volcano", Olympus Mons, but on Earth
User avatar
nick c
Moderator
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: connecticut

Re: Electric Volcanos

Unread postby Rosco-V » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 pm

The National Geographic had a good article on the Nyiragongo Volcano this month (April 2011) and covered some of the gasses and radon testing they were doing. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/04/nyiragongo-volcano/finkel-text/1

Their statement "volcanoes are gas driven machines" is thought provoking and brings to mind a statement made by Stephen Smith in his Mar 18, 2011, Earthquakes and Volcanos article, "magma can be considered a form of liquid plasma, it can also conduct electricity."

Is it possible for the gasses to become Ionized at some point thus making the volcano a plasma machine? Also the artical made no mention of any electrical phenomena, but should there be some electrical testing going on as well. If changes in gasses can be a way of predicting an erruption, shouldn't magnetic readings be taken along with?

Regards, Rosco
Rosco-V
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Electric Volcanos

Unread postby GaryN » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Here is one from a few days ago, in Japan. In the top left frame you see lots
of lightning, and a few white spots above that I think are the ball lightning
that some people say are UFOs. I don't think they are stars, or helicopters,
they seem to fade in and out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmBFYskG ... ture=feedu
...but should there be some electrical testing going on as well.

I wonder why they don't have instruments flying above these locations measuring
fields, fluxes, whatever can be detected. Would we see a proton 'tornado'
touching down, an electron dome over the area, or what?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller
User avatar
GaryN
 
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Sooke, BC, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron