The Sun

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tolenio

Re: Solar Model

Unread post by tolenio » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:34 am

Hello,

In regards to cause and effect in relationship to a plasma...

What is the electrical charge of human? What is the magnetic field of that nominal electrical charge of a human?

Yet anybody in this reading audience can touch a plasma ball and see how plasma responds to small variances.

All things being equal a minor variation can have a large impact. Or "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king".

Later,
Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 am

tolenio wrote:In my research I find galactic seasonality in our ~225 million year galactic orbit.
Quite enjoy this expression because I consider sunspots (electric hurricanes) to be a manifestation of 'solar seasonality'.
Grey Cloud wrote:Hi folks,
I would also factor in the constellations which the planetary line-up point to. I.E. draw a line though the planets and see which constellation is at each end.
Good call. It reminds me of the discussion considering Arcturus as also possibly influencing our solar system.
tolenio wrote:In regards to "somebody would have thought of it already", tell that to Galileo Galilei. Even when somebody thought of it consensus rejected it. Never underestimate the ignorance of mankind's consensus or its destructive power.
True Tom; very true.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:23 pm

~
tolenio wrote:

Has any research ever been done to correlate solar indices and planetary orbits?
(and ionospheric magnetic portals)

Yes, that is why i've included the preceding links.

You are asking the questions,
please take the time to read the responding references.

s
~

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 pm

&
Near perfect co-linearity is not arriving at the 11-14yr co-linearity needed to correlate with the sunspot cycle; whether the alignment passes through the sun or not. Besides, as hungry as astrophysical egos can be such a staggering correlation would’ve been found long ago.
solar,

You are damnstraight right about the egos, sin embargo,
do you recall this one from last year?:
Now geographer Robert Baker of the University of New England, Armidale, in Australia, has linked solar magnetic activity to Earth's climate--at least regionally. Using sunspot counts and Australian meteorological data, as well as NASA satellite data for more recent years, he tracked sunspots and rainfall in Australia from 1876 to 2006. In this month's issue of Geographical Research, Baker reports that the amount of rainfall in most regions of the country tracked the 22-year magnetic cycle almost exactly. "It was unbelievable," Baker says. At the height of magnetic activity, rainfall across most of the country was plentiful. At the other end of the cycle, many of those same regions experienced severe droughts. The findings are particularly compelling, Baker says, because even though the lengths of the magnetic cycles are not precise and can vary by several years, the rainfall patterns followed them.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... her#p15176

Also related, for the BigDog;
What I find important is the alignment of the planets with each other with respect to the sun (Heliocentric) and when also in line with the center of the milky way. These effects are related to magnetic flux strength, which has some effect upon the global weather patterns on ALL of the planets. If you watch the dust storm patterns on Mars for several years, Mars has severe dust storms every time it gets passed by the Earth. Or when ever it laps one of the outer planets
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... t=aerology

Positive ionic charges on the other hand, have to move whole molecules, to travel, so are trapped mostly in the surface layers with high moisture content, that form the updrafts into the lightning producing clouds. As the ions from both sources rush toward each other, (typical convergence speeds in a thunderstorm are in excess of 50 to 70 MPH) all moisture with ionic charges on it combine to form neutral precipitation, all condensation nuclei, become trapped in the droplets, the moisture attracted to each other falls when massive, and the dust free cold air exits the clouds as down bursts, invisible outflows.
http://space.jpl.nasa.gov/

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Those are very nice links conceptualizing integrated influential aspects of the interactive 'electro-plasma dynamic' as a whole Seasmith.

You covered:
  • correlation of rainfall in Australia to sunspot activity over the last 100ys
  • the alignment of the planets with respect to the Sun having "effect upon global weather
  • which also covered alignment with the center of the Milky Way
  • 'ionic convergence' in thunderstorms
  • each as a result of magnetic flux strength
I do like Tom's approach. Which, to me, is attempting to find some causative reciprocity in the mix (despite the nomenclature).

*assists in leaving bread crumbs for The Great One*
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm

An older item, but it shows that the Sun does have a concentric series of 'shells', according to observations. Of course, I believe these shells to be charge accumulating resonant cavities. ;)

From long-lasting observations by these instruments, scientists deduce information about the Sun's interior precise enough to put the theories of how the Sun works to a severe test.
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... di010.html
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Plasmadoo

Sciencedaily.com posts a solar plasma article.

Unread post by Plasmadoo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:36 am

A bit more mainstream airtime for plasma here :
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 165309.htm
Fission doesn't even get mentioned, there is just talk of steady heating; times are changing.
Sciencedaily.com is a popular search result on google i believe. 8-)

Plasmadoo

Re: Sciencedaily.com posts a solar plasma article.

Unread post by Plasmadoo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 am

Late edit, fusion not fission, silly me.

Grey Cloud

Why sun’s atmosphere is ‘so darned hot’

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:10 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32468096/ns ... nce-space/
"Coronal loops are building blocks of the corona," Klilmchuk said. "Their shape is defined by the magnetic field, which guides the hot flowing gases called plasma."

These loops are made up of bundles of smaller, individual magnetic tubes or strands that can have temperatures reaching several million degrees K, even though the sun's surface is only 5,700 degrees K (9,800 Fahrenheit). (One million degrees K would be about 1.8 million degrees Fahrenheit.)
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Florian

Re: Why sun’s atmosphere is ‘so darned hot’

Unread post by Florian » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 am

Klimchuk, the author of that model, seems to grasp the importance of plasma in coronal activty.
Interestingly, he showed reently by spectral analysis that the heating of the corona is impulsive in nature.
Are those "impulsions" synonymous to "electrical discharge"?

Here is the paper: http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.3880
--
Florian
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 am

Plasmadoo wrote:A bit more mainstream airtime for plasma here :
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 165309.htm
Fusion doesn't even get mentioned, there is just talk of steady heating; times are changing.
Sciencedaily.com is a popular search result on google i believe. 8-)

Gosh don't get your hopes up that mainstream will look to Plasma Universe regarding the new found evidence of these nanoflares. Although they didn't mention the nuclear fusion model (which they believe to underlie the sun's dynamics) it is still their guiding principle and the reason they are trying to establish why sun's corona so hot which is counter intuitive to their model:

Excerpt from 2004 ScienceDaily article:
For years scientists have been baffled by the 'coronal heating problem': why it is that the light surface of the Sun (and all other solar-like stars) has a temperature of about 6000 degrees Celsius, yet the corona (the crown of light we see around the moon at a total eclipse) is at a temperature of two million degrees?

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 am

I think the sciencedaily article is the same as this that I posted a couple of days ago.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=4&t=2250
Mods might want to merge?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

The Great Dog

Re: Do sunspots cause climate change?

Unread post by The Great Dog » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Svensmark has never said that sunspots cause climate change as the article erroneously states.
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

GaryN

Re: Do sunspots cause climate change?

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Huh?? NASA thinks there is a connection.

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2009/06/ ... l-warming/

The Independent is a MSM site(I quit visiting it, and told them why). The CO2 guys are circling the wagons.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller