Earth - tectonics and geology

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mharratsc

Re: Geodes etc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am

I suppose I should mention that I was so taken aback by the notion of 'mega-geodes', that I completely missed this:
* This site http://www.unique-almeria.com/what-is-a-geode.html actually calls this cave a geode.
So we know there are geodes big enough for people to crawl inside... but what about larger, and larger still?

It boggles the mind... :shock:

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Grey Cloud

Re: Huge Chunk Of Beach Uplifts 20' For No Reason

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Mike,
In the original article I posted, it mentioned the river's course being redirected by monks but I think it said the gully had nothing to do with that.
I had a look at the Environmental Warning Agency site(or whatever they are called) and they haven't changed the weather warning for the area since Dec 2008! Tax-money well spent as usual. :roll:
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I wonder if geodes are the result of a similar phenomena as this?

Compared to the massive Almeria geode:

I believe that electrical current through a spheroid/plasmoid (round,oblate,oblong), which is naturally focused in the middle of round, or along the axis of oblong, or equatorially in oblate, spheroids, creates an outward pressure as depicted in the plasma crystal experiment above, and in the void of a geode.

I tend to think that most bodies in the universe (galactic cores, stars, planets, moons) have a central void.
Our jewel, or should I say, geode, of an Earth included. ;)

That might also explain why the "core" of the Sun shows evidence of being a homogeneous sphere. Plus it vibrates much like a bell, which causes the Earth to ring like a bell as well.
Could that "ringing" be caused by an electrically induced, oscillating central pressure "void", like a vibrating bubble? :o
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 pm

The first link says they use an HF plasma, but no numbers.
The geodes look like resonant cavities to me. You might not want to believe everything I say though. ;)
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm no physicist, but I find it highly likely that they are related.

Crystals are typically found in geodes, and crystals are resonant structures. Perhaps they form within geodes because of the natural resonance of the plasmas that form them, and the spheroid shapes that the plasmas like to take?

So about that damn bubble... is that supposed to be a star forming, and it's just in a very low current mode right now? Or what? What is that?? o.O

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:45 pm

The geodes look like resonant cavities to me. - Gary
* How do you tell the difference between a cavity that's resonant and one that's not?
* Here's what Wikipedia says about Resonance.
In physics, resonance is the tendency of a system to oscillate at larger amplitude at some frequencies than at others. These are known as the system's resonance frequencies (or resonant frequencies). At a resonant frequency the frequency of oscillation does not change with changing amplitude. Therefore, at these frequencies, even small periodic driving forces can produce large amplitude vibrations, because the system stores vibrational energy. When damping is small, the resonance frequency is approximately equal to the natural frequency of the system, which is the frequency of free vibrations. Resonant phenomena occur with all types of vibrations or waves: there is mechanical resonance, acoustic resonance, electromagnetic resonance, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) and resonance of quantum wave functions. Resonant systems can be used to generate vibrations of a specific frequency (e.g. musical instruments), or pick out specific frequencies from a complex vibration containing many frequencies.
* Here's what Thornhill says at http://www.holoscience.com/news/slow_light.html
it seems to me that the basis of the physical universe is electric charge, governed by a near-instantaneous electrostatic force. All forms of matter and its interactions spring from that simple basis. Every particle and collection of particles is a resonant system of orbiting charges, from which comes resonant quantum effects and the manifestation of inertial mass. Resonance explains the puzzling non-radiating ground-state of an atom. Gravity, magnetism and nuclear forces can all be understood in terms of electric dipole forces between distorted systems of orbiting charge.
* Here are more articles in which he discussed Resonance:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site%3Ah ... TZlSg8c0wI
* Do we have any threads on Resonance that might explain this stuff a bit further?

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Mike H.
So about that damn bubble... is that supposed to be a star forming, and it's just in a very low current mode right now? Or what? What is that?? o.O
New image with HII/OIII filters.

Shows a bit more detail, especially the equatorial banding, OIII, I think. Some ring current pattern, or something?
??????
:lol:
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Yo Sol,

The link for that image seems busted. Can you double-check that, or is the site offline?

Thanks sir!

Mike H.
Mike H.

eileen

Unread post by eileen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Human Geodes

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Medicine_in_a_New_Key.php

"The liquid crystalline water matrix pervades the entire organism from the extracellular connective tissues to the interior of every single cell. Special membrane proteins have water-filled channels that cross the cell membrane, acting as ‘proton wires' to transport protons in and out of the cell [20] ( Positive Electricity Zaps Through Water Chains , SiS 28).. This same matrix transmits the heart's large pulsating electromagnetic field throughout the body, including the brain, which paces and intercommunicates with the myriad local rhythms [18]. Within the cell, it transmits the much higher frequency electromagnetic waves emitted by molecules that depend on specific frequencies to recognize one another and coordinate their actions even at a distance [21] ( The Real Bioinformatics Revolution , SiS 33)."

kc0itf

Unread post by kc0itf » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:07 pm

What about the movie The Core, where the ship busts through a geode en route to the Earth's core. Was this necessarily bad science, as my teacher told me, or were they trying to hint at something?

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 am

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

I wonder if anyone has come up with an electrical method to produce selinite...

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Flyingcloud:
Drethon:
I wonder if anyone has come up with an electrical method to produce selinite...
Wikipedia:
All varieties of gypsum, including selenite and alabaster, are composed of calcium sulfate dihydrate, CaSO4·2(H2O).
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... tion#p2271:
Ca_20:40 = Si+C(14+6,28+12) ... S__16:32 = O+O(8+8,16+16)
* So the selenite/gypsum crystals could have involved electrical transmutation and formed calcium from silicon and carbon and formed sulphur from 2 oxygen. Oxygen and silicon are the most abundant elements in Earth's crust.
http://stormchaser.ca/Caves/Naica/Naica.html:
How it formed - Naica lies on an ancient fault and there is an underground magma chamber below the cave. The magma heated the ground water and it became saturated with minerals, including large quantities of gypsum. The hollow space of the cave was filled with this mineral rich hot water and remained filled for about 5000,000 years. During this time, the temperature of the water remained very stable at over 50 degrees C. This allowed microscopic crystals to form and grow. Due to the perfect conditions inside, they were able to keep growing until the silver miners pumped away the ground water in order to explore deeper. They accidentally discovered the cave when they broke through back in 2000. Since the cave is no longer submerged, the crystals have stopped growing and cooler air from the mine is lowering the temperature slightly more each year.
When the Naica mine is no longer profitable, it is likely that they will just shut off the water pumps and the crystal cave would then disappear forever.
* This is contradicted by the following TPOD.
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2007/arch ... averns.htm:
As electric discharges pass through rock strata, they follow the path of greatest electrical conductivity. They sometimes leave extraordinary evidence of their passage in the form of Lichtenberg figures etched into soils and rocks. They are filamentary and feathery in appearance, with finely divided tendrils at their leading edges. The branching configuration results from the electric current dissipating as it travels through the material, seeking its most conductive pathway. -- The recent discovery of Giant Crystals Cave in the Naica Mine of Chihuahua, Mexico has stunned scientists. The cave is filled with mineral deposits of enormous size, as well as with delicate flowers and wisps of crystal so fine that a breath will shatter them. -- The crystalline shapes are formed out of semiconductor materials: selenite, calcium carbonate, silicon dioxide and lead sulfides. The crystal matrix shown above is an example of the "spray" that might have been created when a powerful electric current exploded out of the rock face into a void beneath the surface. -- The nuclei of charged particles could have been carried along with the current flow and either ionized by the passage of electricity, or forced out of solution within the solid medium. The filaments of energy flew out of a central point and then crossed empty air seeking the path of least resistance, whereupon they continued into the stone, impacting at multiple locations. Wherever the electric arcs passed they left behind consolidated crystals condensed along their interior trackways. -- One significant aspect to Giant Crystals Cave is that it is bone dry, with little evidence to imply that it was melted out of the rock by flowing water. Coupled with the lack of moisture, we find nothing in traditional scientific theory that explains how water causes the precipitation of 12-meter crystals along all orthogonal axes.
* This TPOD may be in error by claiming that the cave was initially bone dry. Other than that, it seems to be largely correct.

softcrain12

Re: Huge Chunk Of Beach Uplifts 20' For No Reason

Unread post by softcrain12 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I suppose someone could do some soundings and see if the cove below the beach changed depth/topography at all- I would presume from the hypothesis stated above that the cove should be a bit deeper now.It's depends on the quality of the work.

Regards

Albert

<Moderator Edit: commercial link removed>
Last edited by nick c on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: commercial link removed

Asgard

Interactive Map of Earth's Tectonic Plates

Unread post by Asgard » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:40 pm

interesting reference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose: This Web site is designed to help users determine the present velocities of selected tectonic plates with the MORVEL angular velocities. It also provides information about MORVEL and its underlying data.

History: The MORVEL plate motion project began in the late 1990s via a National Science Foundation grant to professors Charles DeMets of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Richard Gordon of Rice University. MORVEL consists of a series of angular velocities that describe the geologically recent motions of 25 tectonic plates, as well as the angular velocity uncertainties. It is constructed from marine geophysical, seismologic, and geodetic data from archives and investigators in ten different countries and employs many more data than the NUVEL-1 and NUVEL-1A plate motion estimates, which were published in 1990 and 1994. Finished in 2008 after nearly a decade of intensive data analysis, MORVEL is the most complete, self-consistent estimate of geologic plate motions ever published. The 25 tectonic plates whose motions are described by MORVEL are indicated by the black two-letter codes in the accompanying figure.

http://www.geology.wisc.edu/~chuck/MORVEL/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and if this researcher's findings bear any validity some of the assumptions regarding paleotectonics
may need to be revised.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYDNEY: For two billion years, Earth had a magma ocean caked with a thin 'uniplate' crust - not separate tectonic plates as thought.

The controversial new theory, proposed by UK-based Australian geoscientist Joe McCall is published in the current issue of the Australian Journal of Earth Sciences.

Plate tectonics describes the way that the Earth's crustal plates slide, stretch and collide, building the continents and causing earthquakes.

Cooling crust formed a 'uniplate'

Most geologists agree that plate tectonics began as the Earth's crust cooled and cracked into separate tectonic plates several hundred million years or more after its fiery genesis about 4.6 billion years ago.

But McCall suggests that the Earth's crust cooled into a 'uniplate' from an underlying magma ocean. Lighter, buoyant rocks floated to the top of a denser, metal-rich mantle to form a 'scum' on the surface, his theory suggests.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/3379 ... agma-ocean