Earth - tectonics and geology

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Earth - tectonics and geology

Unread postby seasmith » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:11 pm

In my model, tidal forces drive an electric current of sorts that could fit the bill. Basically, at high tide, pressure at depth is relieved, allowing rock that had been forcibly ionized to get neutralized. So that's electron uptake. At low tide, it's the opposite...
-- CC

Charles, Then one must ask what comes before the ocean tides? That model, by its very complexity, suggests that it may be describing effects, rather than edifying causes.

. These aurorae are unique because they can cover the entire pole, whereas aurorae around Earth and Jupiter are typically confined by magnetic fields to rings surrounding the magnetic poles. The large and variable nature of these aurorae indicates that charged particles streaming in from the Sun are experiencing some type of magnetism above Saturn that was previously unexpected.

http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ems/07_i ... waves.html

I don't have a model, other than to offer a similarity in images; and to suggest a likely rotating electric influx at the poles, as a prime driver.
M. Mathis offers this relevant bit of observation:

The Earth is recycling charge and charge peaks in the infrared (infrared is longwave). Every particle and body in the universe—from the electron to the galaxy—is a charge reactor. It is a machine that recycles charge. It most cases, it does this by spinning. A spinning sphere in a charge field immediately and naturally sets up charge potentials, and if that sphere is porous to charge, the charge comes in the poles and is emitted at the equator. The Earth does this just like the proton does and the Sun does and the galaxy does.
We can SEE it doing this in this diagram! Look at the hole at the south pole. Also look up “coronal hole.” Coronal holes are most often at the Solar poles, just like this. This is where [~charges] are going IN.

http://milesmathis.com/aurora.pdf

Aren't the subterranean magma flows 'tides' in themselves ?

Merry Christmas
seasmith

Unread postby CharlesChandler » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 pm

seasmith wrote:Then one must ask what comes before the ocean tides? That model, by its very complexity, suggests that it may be describing effects, rather than edifying causes.

The prime mover here is gravitational loading, which creates a charge separation at depth, due to electron degeneracy pressure. So some of the gravitational potential is converted to electrostatic potential. Then, as the Moon moves around the Earth, the gravitational potential changes, resulting in high/low tides. This also varies the associated electrostatic potentials, driving electric currents. So I think that I have the force and energy budgets in order, and I didn't have to redefine charge, mass, time, space, or anything else. 8-)

Happy Holidays to everybody!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms
CharlesChandler

Unread postby willendure » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:24 am

CharlesChandler wrote:Researchers Discover Jet Stream in Earth’s Molten Iron Core

Very interesting -- nice scoop, seasmith!

Now, how do they explain it?

“We can explain it as acceleration in a band of core fluid circling the pole, like the jet stream in the atmosphere,” said lead author Dr. Phil Livermore, from the University of Leeds.

The jet flows along a boundary between two different regions in the core. When material in the liquid core moves towards this boundary from both sides, the converging liquid is squeezed out sideways, forming the jet.

“Of course, you need a force to move the fluid towards the boundary. This could be provided by buoyancy, or perhaps more likely from changes in the magnetic field within the core,” said co-author Prof. Rainer Hollerbach, also from the University of Leeds.

That falls short of an explanation.

In my model, tidal forces drive an electric current of sorts that could fit the bill. Basically, at high tide, pressure at depth is relieved, allowing rock that had been forcibly ionized to get neutralized. So that's electron uptake. At low tide, it's the opposite -- pressure at depth is restored, which forcibly ionizes the rock, expelling electrons. Where do those electrons go? The natural destination would be in the direction of wherever electron uptake is occurring. So electrons are flowing from the low tide areas toward the high tide areas. This means that as the Earth rotates, there is a large batch of electrons that is stationary with respect to the Moon, always chasing after the parts of the Earth currently at high tide, while moving with respect to the Earth due to the rotation. And the direction of this relative motion is retrograde (since the Earth rotates on its axis faster than the Moon orbits the Earth), which is what they found.

Yesss, I knew you'd have a good explanation of it Charles.

What about the fact that it has only been detected around 180 degrees of the Earth and not the whole way? I don't imagine its such an easy signal to pick up, perhaps just a mistake in measurement or analysing the results? Or do you think there is some reason for it?
willendure

Unread postby CharlesChandler » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:54 am

willendure wrote:What about the fact that it has only been detected around 180 degrees of the Earth and not the whole way?

Do you mean the images from the paper (http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/vaop ... o2859.html), where they have 180 degrees at the bottom? I think that it's just showing the orientation of the polar views. I'm thinking that the alternating polarities are the high and low tides.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
CharlesChandler

Unread postby willendure » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:01 am

CharlesChandler wrote:
willendure wrote:What about the fact that it has only been detected around 180 degrees of the Earth and not the whole way?

Do you mean the images from the paper (http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/vaop ... o2859.html), where they have 180 degrees at the bottom? I think that it's just showing the orientation of the polar views. I'm thinking that the alternating polarities are the high and low tides.

Figure 2 on that link and the same image that has been posted up here already. It is also described in some but not all articles I have read about this. They are saying that this flow goes only half way around the world. Imagine if the liquid came out of the core on one side, then flowed round to the other, then went back into it there. I guess we'll need to read the whole thing to understand what it is exactly that they are describing. I think they are saying this flow goes from under Siberia to under Canada, but not under the Pacific.

Also, if this is right down at the core, is it different to your moon induced elecrtron degeneracy flow, which I think you were assigning to much shallower under the crust? As it has a direct lifting effect on the crust, and you use it to explain the double tide, IIRC.
willendure

Unread postby CharlesChandler » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:48 pm

willendure wrote:Figure 2 on that link and the same image that has been posted up here already. It is also described in some but not all articles I have read about this. They are saying that this flow goes only half way around the world. Imagine if the liquid came out of the core on one side, then flowed round to the other, then went back into it there. I guess we'll need to read the whole thing to understand what it is exactly that they are describing. I think they are saying this flow goes from under Siberia to under Canada, but not under the Pacific.

Also, if this is right down at the core, is it different to your moon induced electron degeneracy flow, which I think you were assigning to much shallower under the crust? As it has a direct lifting effect on the crust, and you use it to explain the double tide, IIRC.

Good questions. I don't have access to the original article. Are there other sources for this info? Anyway, I do credit the Moon with creating a current in the Moho, which is very shallow compared to what they're talking about here. But my model also allows other boundaries, where stronger ionization potentials are getting hit, deeper in the Earth. So there are multiple boundaries, and there are currents in each of these.

Volcanoes
CharlesChandler

Previous

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science