The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Spektralscavenger

Re: The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Unread post by Spektralscavenger » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 am

http://phys.org/news/2013-10-reexaminat ... topic.html

Supernova or plasma discharges?

"the heavy matter that makes up our planet is only known to form in stars, or when they explode as a supernova."

Really?

pennyturtle

Unread post by pennyturtle » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm

In regard the creation of Valles-marineris by electrical scaring, does anyone know if an analysis has been done as to depths along its length? The electrical model would mean the fall would not be consistent in one direction, as it would under the erosive effects of liquid. This would add significant weight to arguments for and against. As recent images show, satellite remote sensing is of an exceptionally high quality. I'd imagine there would be high resolution radar data for height levels. If there are areas shown to have higher elevations "downstream", electrical scaring models would receive a significant boost.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 pm

If there are areas shown to have higher elevations "downstream", electrical scaring models would receive a significant boost.
That is not needed. After a discharge has cut the planet, and there is water/rain, the water will follow the cut. I believe there is evidence of altitude change at the grand canyon. :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

pennyturtle

Unread post by pennyturtle » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

By "grand canyon", are you referring to the one with the Colorado River still carving it out?

I believe there is a lot of merit to the principle of electrical scaring being a factor in some surface formation processes. Within the discussion of surface formations on Mars was the proposition of that the creation of Valles-marineris was by means of electrical scaring. What I'm wondering is if anyone with the time and inclination has looked at whether the Martian system in question displays the constant fall associated with the erosive action caused by the movement of a fluid, or not. If radar data depicting elevation shows discrepancies in height, that, to my mind, would lend solid support to the electrical scaring model.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:20 pm

There are areas on Mars that appear extremely fluvial, at least to me.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/ ... 3_1425.jpg

Other areas look extremely electrical.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... B728%3B400

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... 40#imgdii=_

I've only found fluvial remnants on our planet concerning valleys and canyons, but i'm still searching for electrical valleys and canyons.

The forum post linked below deals with electrical events on Earth that didn't produce valleys or canyons.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 005#p90375

The Colorado River is interesting. Before the dams it was navigable by steamship to E of Las Vegas. Steamships weren't real good with waterfalls. It's as if the river was always there flowing gently to the Sea of Cortez, and the mountains grew around it. That's actually the way i see it. The material surrounding the river would be from airbourne dust, gravel, rocks and boulders. Also, sediments during flooding from the equator fill the valleys and cover the lower mountains, like the one at the Grand Canyon.

I wish there were terrain maps for Google Mars. Google Maps is priceless. Someday Google Mars might be as useful.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:02 pm

I've only found fluvial remnants on our planet concerning valleys and canyons, but i'm still searching for electrical valleys and canyons.
Nah, youv'e seen them, just haven't recognised them! :D
There are areas on Mars that appear extremely fluvial, at least to me.
I think this image is the classic illustration, they say, of a fluvial channel system on Mars:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 28ab.2.jpg

I'm not familiar with the model, but found this. Will give it a read.

Anastomosing rivers: a review of their classification, origin and sedimentary products.(pdf)
http://www.geo.arizona.edu/geo5xx/geos5 ... kaske.pdf‎

I am however a little surprised that you seem to want to disregard the accepted and readily observable science of laminar flows in low slope river systems, and the depositing of material in the river bed rather than excavation. The Colorado has 60 to 75 feet of sediment in the bed in many stretches, so there is no longer any erosion. All the erosion was from glacial melt water flood surges? With your model of soft material eroded before being electrically hardened, maybe.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

FDCage

Unread post by FDCage » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:42 am

I found some structures in south africa that resemble those "crater strings" on mars as seen in the video.

https://www.google.at/maps/place/21%C2% ... !1s0x0:0x0

Of course I don't know if they are of the same origin, but they certainly look similar.
Just thought it might be worth sharing.

dougettinger

Type of close encounter to cause Valles Marineris on Mars

Unread post by dougettinger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:40 am

Hello Forum,

Scarring of Mars, and in particular its largest canyon, Valles Marineris, are believed to be caused by high energy plasma arcing that dramatically sputtered or ejected surface materials. The evidence presented by Wal Thornhill is very convincing. What is postulated to be the nature of the close encounter of another body to cause such surface features on Mars? How far away? What magnetic field strength did the other body have? What amount of current was required per the scaling of laboratory experiments?

Any such speculation would be very intriguing.

Always a student,
Doug Ettinger
Pittsburgh, PA

Jatslo

Re: Type of close encounter to cause Valles Marineris on Mar

Unread post by Jatslo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:35 pm

This is assuming that the planet Mars didn't generate the Arc itself, if there was an arc at all. I'll speculate. Compression of a magnetic field in some documented cases has created havoc on planet surfaces chief namely Earth. I really don't have a lot of time. Mars was thought to once have a magnetic field, and If I recall, there is evidence for this in the geology we see today.

The Earth too also has a similar canyon as do other bodies as observed. Could they of all occurred as a result of some cataclysmic solar ejection in the distant past by compressing the field so dramatically that plasma burst onto the surface vaporizing and annihilating matter in a chain reaction?

Why not? Sounds fun.

dougettinger

Unread post by dougettinger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 am

Hello Jatslo and other forum members,
Jatslo wrote:This is assuming that the planet Mars didn't generate the Arc itself, if there was an arc at all. I'll speculate. Compression of a magnetic field in some documented cases has created havoc on planet surfaces chief namely Earth. I really don't have a lot of time. Mars was thought to once have a magnetic field, and If I recall, there is evidence for this in the geology we see today.

The Earth too also has a similar canyon as do other bodies as observed. Could they of all occurred as a result of some cataclysmic solar ejection in the distant past by compressing the field so dramatically that plasma burst onto the surface vaporizing and annihilating matter in a chain reaction?

Why not? Sounds fun.
I am trying to be serious about what possibly caused Valles Marinersis on Mars. Thornhill is convinced that high energy plasma arcing created this anomaly, and he has also convinced me. The Grand Canyon origin could possibly have been caused by the same phenomena, but eons of time have produced the appearance of water erosion.

For arcing of the required severity one needs high amounts of current with a large voltage drop. Of course, a source other than Mars itself is needed to complete the electrical circuit. I can only envision a highly magnetic cosmic body making a close encounter with Mars. The idea of a large Birkeland current arriving from the Sun and producing a z-pinch knot of current directly above Mars has possibilities, but for me is very unbelievable. What is the trigger for such an event where concentrated columns of current travel 1.5 AU from the Sun's surface.

Thornhill's idea definitely needs a plausible trigger for causing such a high energy arc before mainline science takes him seriously.

Always a student,
Douglas Ettinger
Pittsburgh, PA

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:03 am

doug:
For arcing of the required severity one needs high amounts of current with a large voltage drop.

Initiation of an arc would drop the voltage. The current is what erodes the surface.

Much like an arc welder set at low voltage high current. ;)
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Jatslo

Unread post by Jatslo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 am

I was being serious. The arc may have been caused by the compression of the Electromagnetic field to such an extreme that an arc was created. Especially when you factor in Zero-point energy, also called quantum vacuum zero-point energy. Nikola Tesla thought he could tap a free energy source, for example. Think about creating an arc at that magnitude; a luminous electrical discharge between two electrodes or other points. I gave you Magnetic Field Compression and Zero-point Energy of the planet. In this case, Mars.

~ CHEERS

dougettinger

Unread post by dougettinger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 am

Hello Sparky,
Sparky wrote:doug:
For arcing of the required severity one needs high amounts of current with a large voltage drop.

Initiation of an arc would drop the voltage. The current is what erodes the surface.

Much like an arc welder set at low voltage high current. ;)
The electrode of an arc welder is close to the object being welded. The farther away the more voltage is required and the more erratic the current flow.

Think about the possibility of current flow passing between Mars and a quickly passing celestial body where the atmospheres of both bodies is the resistance to be overcome.

Let the electrons flow,
Doug Ettinger
Pittsburgh, PA

dougettinger

Unread post by dougettinger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am

Hello Jatslo and others,
Jatslo wrote:I was being serious. The arc may have been caused by the compression of the Electromagnetic field to such an extreme that an arc was created. Especially when you factor in Zero-point energy, also called quantum vacuum zero-point energy. Nikola Tesla thought he could tap a free energy source, for example. Think about creating an arc at that magnitude; a luminous electrical discharge between two electrodes or other points. I gave you Magnetic Field Compression and Zero-point Energy of the planet. In this case, Mars.
~ CHEERS
Are you saying that the changing magnetic field of Mars created two oppositely charged-like electrodes on the surface that were at each end of Valles Marinersis? Then the discharge between the two electrodes created sputtering and the canyon. So then the magnetic field strength was almost removed causing Mars to lose its magnetosphere or shield to prevent loss of atmosphere? What was the trigger for such an event? And, what primordial magnetic field strength is powerful enough to cause such an upheaval?

The problem with any postulated event is that a sequence of certain processes before and after are necessary to make the event a possibility.

Keep the electrons flowing,
Doug Ettinger
Pittsburgh, PA

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:01 am

Doug:
The electrode of an arc welder is close to the object being welded. The farther away the more voltage is required and the more erratic the current flow.

Think about the possibility of current flow passing between Mars and a quickly passing celestial body where the atmospheres of both bodies is the resistance to be overcome.
Yes, I agree....I suggest glow mode or dark mode, over some greater time...
If the two or more charged bodies are in close, temporary orbit, instead of a passing exchange, would that work ? :?