The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Cracchiolo wrote:
Where does the electric discharge that hits mars come from?
That could be a long time in the answering, and there could have been many and varied
causes. As Lloyd has done with his "Help Us Explain Crater Formation!", we could
speculate on possible mechanisms, and our answers may well tie in with his thread.
My candidates would include:

An interloper object or objects, with sufficient charge differential to arc to
planets as it/they passed through the solar system.
If the Sun is indeed part of a circuit with other Suns, then a pulse or surge
in that circuit could affect all the planets and their moons, perhaps causing
the moons to orbit close enough to their planets to interact electrically.
The solar system passing through a dense, differently charged 'cloud', such that
the planetary magnetosphere double layers break down. Mars having only
a disorganized magnetic field may have resulted in it suffering more damage.
The canyons or rilles suggest to me an object passing close by, while the mostly
circular or hexagonal craters would seem to be DL breakdown discharges.

@Lloyd
Venus is likely a new planet, probably ejected from Saturn or Jupiter around 7,000 years ago, which is why it's so hot.
Mercury and Venus supposedly, have iron cores, Mercury having a molten one.
Iron passing through a magnetic field. I think I smell eddy currents and induction
heating, but thats just my EM bias showing. :)

I'll pass the baton here...

Edit.
Forgot to include some supersize solar flares or CMEs.

Huge solar flare said to jam China communications.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:57 pm

4 Room Split-Level Crater
* Here's an interesting crater cluster, found by Michael G, which resembles the calderas on Mars' Olympus Mons "volcano": http://www.google.com/mars/#lat=-37.870 ... p=infrared. You can see the scalloping of the rim. There are also some dark circles to the right, which I'm guessing are electrical burn marks.
Fresh Burned Crater?

* DZ also shows a possibly recent blackened crater from http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/PSP_002461_1545 on another thread at http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 114#p49114.

Orthogonal

Unread post by Orthogonal » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 am

It doesn't seem like it has received much fanfare on the forums, but the release of Ep2 in the series "Symbols of an Alien Sky" is here. Congrats to the Tbolts team on all their hard work.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/resources. ... lanet_Mars

I'm sure they deserve a much needed break but Ep3 now beckons 8-)

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I just received and watched my DVD Symbols of an Alien Sky Episode Two - The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars, and I'd like to say WOW!!!

This is a MUST SEE not only for those who are following the development of EU, but it should also be shown to everyone who has 90 minutes up their sleeve. If ANYONE can watch it right through and still deny there may be some validity to electrical scarring of planets, they have their head buried deep in dogma. This is surely a groundbreaking presentation and should get as much viewing as people can give it. Grab a couple of copies, one to keep and one to loan to friends. It's that good.

http://www.mikamar.biz/book-info/sas-b.htm

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

mathew

Unread post by mathew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:02 am

Hello Folks,

I just viewed the DVD- great job to all who pulled this together,
the visual evidence is stunning! One thing that I noticed, is
@ 15:50 there is a reference to mars meteorites impacting
earth in the past. They continue to do so at a rate of approx.
once a month!

http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/924/m ... meteorites

Major investigated regions of Antarctica where meteors have been successfully identified. At any given moment, the interplanetary sample transit works out to about one Martian meteorite landing on Earth each month. Scientists had thought it took a serious wallop to instigate these interplanetary exchanges. Impacts of this size and larger occur every 200,000 years or so on Mars. Yet research now finds that craters as small as 1.9 miles (3 kilometers) wide on Mars could have been the starting points for meteorite launches towards Earth.
Credit: JSC/NASA Meteor Program
Also, Scientists have "pinpointed the location"
of origin of ALH84001-
Hamilton looked for matches between the laboratory spectrum of the meteorite, a mix of orthopyroxene and basaltic minerals, and data from the Thermal Emission Spectrometer and other instruments on the orbiters. "There was only this one place, in all the places we can look that aren't too dusty, that had a composition that was consistent with the ALH84001," Hamilton told New Scientist.

The site is in the Eos Chasma, a branch of the enormous Valles Marineris canyon system. Hamilton has examined it further using topographic and thermal data and high-resolution imagery. "Putting this all together, it's all consistent with this being the source region," she said.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8004

Surprise! it's the Valle! 8-)
The wind.. in its greatest power, whirls. -Black Elk

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:01 pm

mathew wrote:Surprise! it's the Valle!
Ohmygawd - like, why does that not surprise me? :P

Sorry. A feeble attempt at Valles-talk. . . :oops:
It's all about perception.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 am

ZOMG! StevenJay is like totally a Valles-boi..!!1 :o

(My apologies- my nineteen-year-old daughter has totally corrupted me here... :oops: )

:D
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 am

davesmith_au wrote:I just received and watched my DVD Symbols of an Alien Sky Episode Two - The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars, and I'd like to say WOW!!!

This is a MUST SEE not only for those who are following the development of EU, but it should also be shown to everyone who has 90 minutes up their sleeve. If ANYONE can watch it right through and still deny there may be some validity to electrical scarring of planets, they have their head buried deep in dogma. This is surely a groundbreaking presentation and should get as much viewing as people can give it. Grab a couple of copies, one to keep and one to loan to friends. It's that good.

Cheers, Dave.
Darn it... obviously our only delivery roo has gone to your place first.... hope you topped up it's water.

/eagerly waiting

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 am

Matthew said: Also, Scientists have "pinpointed the location" of origin of ALH84001-
* Is the passage you quoted after that from from the DVD or the website? If it's not on the DVD, then I'd like to mention it to Dave T.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Lloyd wrote:
Matthew said: Also, Scientists have "pinpointed the location" of origin of ALH84001-
* Is the passage you quoted after that from from the DVD or the website? If it's not on the DVD, then I'd like to mention it to Dave T.
Hi, Lloyd - This is from the New Scientist article linked above:
Hamilton looked for matches between the laboratory spectrum of the meteorite, a mix of orthopyroxene and basaltic minerals, and data from the Thermal Emission Spectrometer and other instruments on the orbiters. "There was only this one place, in all the places we can look that aren't too dusty, that had a composition that was consistent with the ALH84001," Hamilton told New Scientist.

The site is in the Eos Chasma, a branch of the enormous Valles Marineris canyon system. Hamilton has examined it further using topographic and thermal data and high-resolution imagery. "Putting this all together, it's all consistent with this being the source region," she said.
It's all about perception.

mathew

Unread post by mathew » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Folks,

Interesting story, these meteorites from mars, I referenced It in the Hidden History of the Human Race Thread, (In a discussion of Saturn Theory, in a bit of a digression from the topic, but many interesting points raised). anyway, I remembered it (the mars meteorite story) as I watched the 'Lightning Scarred Planet Mars' and went to the thread, and clicked the link- http://www.space.com/science-astronomys ... 21107.html and- 404 Error the page you are looking for is not here :cry: so I then wrote to the site administrator, asking where the story went off to... no reply. So this all got me searching for a new mars meteorite story to reference, and JACKPOT! found that and the new scientist article! what is the quote? 'necessity is the mother of invention' if the link was good I would not have found the 'pinpoint article' :D However, this situation reminds me to ALWAYS TAKE A SCREEN SHOT when it is important! so much important information seems to go away. :?

The wind.. in its greatest power, whirls. -Black Elk

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 pm

* I got this image of Valles Marineris from Google Mars. Eos Chasma is indicated by the red and green pointers toward the right, which is the eastern part of the canyon. So that's probably where our Antarctic Mars meteorite came from.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... Chasma.jpg

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 pm

I have recently watched "The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars" DVD a few times, and I also invited a couple of friends over to watch it. The general response was "They have actually got an answer to ALL of the mysterious surface characteristics...!"

The documentary is very nicely presented and audiovisually intriguing. It both explains what the current hypotheses (mysteries) among planetary scientists are and comparatively analysed these towards electrical processes and lab experiments. A very coherent hypothesis I would say - by far making more sense than anything put forward based on erosion, impacts and channel collapses.

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 am

davesmith_au wrote:I just received and watched my DVD Symbols of an Alien Sky Episode Two - The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars, and I'd like to say WOW!!!

Cheers, Dave.
All I can add to this is that I bought this episode as soon as I could, and it is simply superbly done.
The arguments are very well made, and I cannot even begin to understand how any other mechanism could have sculpted (or "killed") Mars in this manner.
Olympus Mons is certainly no shield volcano, and no river carved out that canyon.

Simply - superb.
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

Tzunamii777

Unread post by Tzunamii777 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 am

Received my copy last week, started making my rounds, watching it with various family members & friends.
The tapestry you weave is easily understandable, the contrast drawn between conventional "understanding", and actual observation is clear.
The spit and polish is apparent, you guys keep improving on the sound and quality. Not diminishing prior vids, just a nod to your growing experience in video production. It looks Great on a large screen tv :)
Sooooo..... when's the next one!!