Earths Magnetic Field

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

popster1

Re: INSIDE PLANET EARTH features flipping of magnetic poles

Unread post by popster1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 pm

INSIDE PLANET EARTH displays the Earth's core as a moon-sized sphere of molten iron.
I thought that magnetism decreased as temperature increased. If the interior of the earth is molten, can it be magnetic?
I've lived long enough to see nearly everything I ever believed to be true disproved at least once.

flyingcloud

Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners

Unread post by flyingcloud » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners...

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7331/53/

Reports circulating in the Kremlin today are saying that Russian Air Force Commanders have issued warnings to all of their aircraft to exercise “extreme caution” during flights “in and around” an area defined as Latitude 17 North [North Atlantic Ocean] Latitude 3 South [South Atlantic Ocean] to Latitude 8 North [Indian Ocean] Latitude 19 South [Indian Ocean] between the Longitudes of 46 West, 33 West, 46 East and 33 East, and which covers the greater part of the African Tectonic Plate.

The reason for this unprecedented warning, these reports state, are the rapid formations of “geomagnetic storms” emanating from the boundaries of the African Tectonic Plate that due to their intensity have caused the loss of two major passenger aircraft during the past month leaving nearly 300 men, women and children dead.

The first aircraft to be downed by this phenomenon was Air France passenger flight 447, and which these reports say that upon encountering one of these geomagnetic storms, on June 1st, near the western boundary of the African Tectonic Plate close to Brazil’s Fernando de Noronha Islands, was “completely annihilated” causing the deaths of 216 passengers and 12 crew members as their plane plunged in pieces into the Atlantic Ocean.

The second aircraft to be downed occurred on the eastern boundary of the African Tectonic Plate today when another of these geomagnetic storms slammed from the sky a Yemeni Airways flight to the Island Nation of Comoros in the Indian Ocean of which of the 153 passengers and crew aboard, only 1 “miracle child” has been rescued, so far.

To the catastrophic events occurring within the African Tectonic Plate it has been known for over a year with the reporting of a “new ocean” forming in Ethiopia, and as we can read as reported by Nature News Service:

“Although the birth of an ocean is an extremely rare phenomenon on the largest of historical scales, the geophysics is currently experiencing such an event. Even more dazzling, this occurs in one of the Earth's most inhospitable and arid regions, the Afar Depression in Ethiopia.

The African continent is literally unstitching itself apart just like the sleeve of an old shirt, along the area known as the East African Rift, which traverses it beginning with the southern end of the Red Sea, going through Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique. The molten lava beneath the Earth's surface makes it thin by constantly pushing against it, and eventually breaks it and tears it apart.”

Though Western scientist assert that the formation of this new ocean is not likely to be finished for millions of years, Russian scientists state, unequivocally, that due to the Suns current unprecedented Deep Solar Minimum, our Earth is in danger of being, literally, “ripped apart”, at the worst, or nearing a “total pole reversal” due to an as yet unexplained, but extremely powerful, gravitational force emanating from the outer reaches of our Solar System that some researchers state is the mysterious Planet X, and which many believe to be a large brown dwarf and known to the ancient peoples of Earth as Nibiru, and called by the name of Wormwood in the Christian Bible.

Russian scientists further warn that the West’s “obsession” with manmade Global Warming is a deliberately designed propaganda effort to shield their peoples from the fact that not only our Earth, but all of the planets in our Solar System are currently undergoing rapid warming, and as proved, beyond all doubt, by Doctor Scientist Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, when in 2007 he released his findings that for the previous 3 years the ice caps of Mars have been melting at an unprecedented rate.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Well I'm miffed.

Something about all this doesn't sound right to me, but I don't know enough of the physics to ask the right questions or argue a point.

Currents flow through the Earth, and there must be concurrent electromagnetic effects visible from this- that is elementary physics.

Does the Earth maintain a residual- or perhaps cumulative magnetic field from being magnetized by the currents that flow through it? Why did other planets not develop a bipolar magnetic field like the Earth even when they are part of the Solar circuit just as the Earth is? What is physically different? Planetary compositions of different conductivity, or different magnetic memory? Mars has huge amounts of iron in it's surface composition- did that somehow scatter the currents so that a bipolar magnetic field couldn't form?

I wish I could find intelligible answers to these questions, but when you try and pull them up from the mainstream, you get rediculous hypothesis after hypothesis of the wildest conjecture that takes no cue from existing electrical physics! >:(

Ok I'm done venting. Thank you for your patience ;)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

moses

Unread post by moses » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:53 pm

In my theory Mars originally had life when Earth first appeared
having little life. Therefore Earth and Mars could have had very
different upbringings and somehow be fundamentally different.
Venus may not have a magnetic field because it was molten and
solidified in low electrical conditions and so did not get a
residual magnetism. Mercury might never of had a strong current
passing it and so no gained a residual field. However Mars
should have got a strong residual field and therefore somehow
lost it. Perhaps an interaction with another planet knocked
out this residual magnetism.

I think the currents going through the Earth at present are
tiddlywinks compared with the currents that were in the
Saturn System.
Mo

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 pm

As far as I am aware, the only solution to polar reversals based on the decaying of a faraday disk-dynamo in the earth's core involves the use of imaginary numbers. I'd go with a galactic curcuit view over this imaginary one any day.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

VeldesX

Unread post by VeldesX » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm

The program INSIDE PLANET EARTH stated they observe the paths of magnetic field loops within the outer core by use of sonography. They suggest the field is relatively static, that the tendrils of molten iron traveling along the loops do not move. Which is rather strange. I'd suppose that, with the movement of such material upwards to the mantle, it would cause hot spots such as what fires Mt Kilauea at every place where a magnetic loop passes through the mantle and crust. But it doesn't.

G

Ithink

Unread post by Ithink » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:27 pm

‘Sea Level’. A commonly used term that until recently I thought I knew what I was talking about when using it. Completely apart from tides and localized surface distortions due weather the sea is not even close to level. There is a low spot below India – Ceylon area of -95 meters and a high not so far away over New Guinea of +70 meters. That is a huge amount of over 500 feet. I wonder if Al Gore and the proponents of Global warming know of this and figure it into the raising levels of the oceans. Maybe a shift in the core affects the ocean surface with rising and lowering of mean sea level. There is to my knowledge only one chart out showing this: Defense Mapping Agency N.O. 7500 second edition 1978, taking data from 1972.

On another note I am on the side of Popster in thinking that hot iron loses its ability to retain magnetism. I know that compass balls used to offset the length verses width magnetic effect on ships compasses are heated red hot to drive off residual magnetism.

andrew_t1000

Unread post by andrew_t1000 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 am

There is something about the conventional thinking regarding the Earths or any other planets magnetic field that has always bothered me.
It is obvious the Earths core is molten, that is a given, but at those temperatures wouldn't we expect to see the Currie point of nickel/iron way exceeded?
I am convinced about the tenuous plasma that pervades our solar system, the galaxy and space in general. There is lots of observed evidence to support it.
Has anyone thought about what I can only think of as a "Super Dense Plasma"?
If the Currie point of nickel/iron is only a few hundred degrees celsius, surely there must be another explanation besides the "Dynamo effect".
I have heard temperature estimates of 4,000 - 10,000C for the core, without the immense pressure pretty much any element would be an ionised gas or plasma.
There must be some other mechanism at work to generate such a strong magnetic field. Venus, which is almost the same size and mass as Earth, has a very weak magnetic field.
We have seen a lot of evidence that Venus once had volcanic activity, maybe it still has.
If you consider the day length to magnetic field strength ratio between Venus and the Earth, it isn't 243/1, The Venera and Pioneer orbiters measured a field strength 10^-5 of the Earth.
When geologists talk about the inner and outer core they make it sound like there is a uniform rotation and/or convection currents, but I just cant see it being like that.
Convection currents would be disrupted by coriolis effects and the rotation of the inner and outer core and mantle can't be anything like uniform, due to drag between layers of different density.
Our magnetic field has reversed quite a few times over the history of the planet. The north and south poles drift around quite a bit as well.
There is a lot of talk about how we are overdue for a pole reversal.
I'm not sure if my reasoning is sound here, or if I am making any sense at all, but something about conventional models of planetary magnetic fields seems a little "off"

Cheers

Andrew

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 am

I haven't checked out all the links on this page, but that South Atlantic Anomaly is still growing, it seems.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/984719

I wondered what happened to the earths field when the suns field went wonky in 2000, there must be some info somewhere.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003 ... tsheet.htm
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

electrodogg1

Unread post by electrodogg1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Andrew_ t1000 said:
It is obvious the Earths core is molten, that is a given,
Why is that a given? It may be true, certainly, but it has yet to be observed. What if the electric current from the sun to earth enters the earth at the poles and flows just under the mantle to the equator. This electric current creates the magnetic field. Then the natural resistance of the rock creates heat only at a defined level, i.e., it is cooler below. Could that be possilbe?
Best,

David

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Not to mention that any semi-conductive material that has current flowing through it will dissipate some of the electrical energy as heat.

Who's to say that the heat we see in the mantle of our planet isn't being caused by electrical current? Since we've not bored down to 'iron core' of the planet and taken samples, I'd say that the field is still open to speculation.

As much as it goes against mainstream thought, it's just as possible that the crust of our planet formed around the outside of a plasma instability, and that the composition on the outside of the spherical instability is entirely different than the inside of it.

Think of a geode, if you will.

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Wilson

Pole reversals

Unread post by Wilson » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:30 pm

What is the Electric Universe theory's explanation for the periodic reversals of the earth's poles? Do you accept the notion that there is an 11,000 year cycle which is now about to change, as raised at urban survival blog today? See http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm (well down the page) and the reference to http://landscheidt.auditblogs.com/ which seems to suggest that the sun is controlled by the movement of the planets. I have previously seen the idea expressed that the earth's magnetic field is now unusually weak, and a reversal could happen within a few centuries. Might the changes in the sun influence the speed or direction of rotation or orientation of the earth? What causes variations in the big electric currents through space which this theory supposes to power the sun? Where do they start and end (and why)? Is the current powering the sun an alternating current with an 11,000 year cycle?

Sorry to bother you, but I don't know any other scientists to ask.

moses

Re: Pole reversals

Unread post by moses » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:33 pm

I don't think that the Earth's magnetic poles ever reversed. I think that the Earth was in a different orbit 11,000 years ago and datings are way out so we know squat about any long term cycles. Whether the planets control the 11 year Solar cycle or whether this cycle is produced by oscillating double layers and hence an 11 year cycle in the galactic current, is debatable. The weakening of the Earth's magnetic field is not certain, but the Earth might easily have had a very large current feeding it, in the past, and now the remnant magnetic field so produced would be decaying.

Changes in the galactic current would influence the Sun and the Earth, however the whole planetary configuration might be altered somewhat by a large current change. I've recently read 2012 theories of the Sun undergoing some major magnetic change, but that's pretty wild and such discussion belongs in the New Ideas Mad Ideas section. Variations in the neighbourhood galactic current are little known and we need data on the local double layers and Birkeland currents.
Mo

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Hiya Wilson, and welcome to the boards! :)

You might want to start by becoming familar with the works of Wallace Thornhill at his site http://www.holoscience.com.

Once you've got a grip on that, I would suggest that you come back here to http://www.thunderbolts.info and start perusing the old articles found in the [url2=http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/00subjectx.htm]Thunderbolts Picture of the Day[/url2] section... lots of information to soak up there! :o

From the tone of your first post there, you seem to be a bit worried about Apocalyptic stuff happening here really soon. Personally, I think you'll find that- for the most part- it's already happened! Most likely, anything that might be coming up soon won't be *anything* like what our ancestors went through a few thousand years ago! :shock:

You will enjoy the time you spend learning about all this stuff, I think. Welcome to the Electric Universe! 8-)

Mike H.
Mike H.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:33 pm

* Here's one of my favorite discussions of the magnetic stripes: http://www.newgeology.us/presentation25.html. They seem to have formed all at once due to extreme electrical and geological stresses during rapid seafloor spreading, in my opinion.
* Here are links to posts from this forum on the magnetic stripes:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site%3At ... 2a1b734003
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site%3At ... 2a1b734003
* Holoscience and the TPODs don't seem to have discussed magnetic stripes, except maybe the ones on Mars.