Solar System and Planet Formation

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Another age guess for planet earth?

Unread postby dougettinger » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 am

The quote below was from the CreationScience website and was presented by 'Perpetual Motion'.

perpetual motion wrote:I have no idea how they could find out about this.
Is this from another imaginative paper theory from the mainstream Mensa group.

"(Dust) particles larger than (about one 100,000th of a centimeter in diameter) form a large disk-shaped cloud that orbits the Sun between the orbits of Venus and the asteroid belt. (This cloud produces zodiacal light).Forces acting on these dust particles (called the Poynting-Robertson effect) should spiral most of them into the Sun in less than 10,000 years. Known forces and sources of replenishment cannot maintain this cloud, so the solar system is probably less than 10,000 years old)".

If this dust cloud exists now, then it must be older than 10,000 years. This dust could have been created by such events as a large number of comet tails spewing dust from one of their tails, or from such a event such as a major collision, or from plasma arc discharges such as the postulated close encounter with Mars, or the release of Saturn's plasma axial column of satellites. The solar system may be much older and some process replenished this dust. Is my thinking correct?

Dating is always problematic,
Doug Ettinger
dougettinger

Unread postby tholden » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Best possible guess appears to be 700,000 to a couple of million years.

http://bearfabrique.org/Misc/Earths_Age.pdf
tholden

Unread postby Metryq » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 am

Ted, paragraph 5 starts: "But I would view Bass’ 100M year figure as an extreme outer limit."

Should that be "Bass' 200M year figure"?
Metryq

Planet Nine

Unread postby comingfrom » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm

With all the recent talk about Planet Nine, I thought it deserves a thread here.

Science Alert report of the progress for the search for Planet Nine.
Astronomers Have Officially Found a Candidate for Planet Nine

Their first paragraph corrects their title... they actually have four candidates for Planet Nine.
No details of these candidate objects are provided in the report.

~Paul
comingfrom

Re: Planet Nine

Unread postby webolife » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 pm

I have a geometric analysis similar to the Titius-Bode pattern that locates the semi-major axes and approximates the masses of the outer planets; it predicts the existence of a 3xPluto-mass object orbitally located near Pluto's aphelion. I will be quite interested to see if that shapes up!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Previous

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science