Possible electrical scars on Planet Earth...

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

starbiter

Re: antarctica

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:07 am

Hello Ancientd: The coal that surrounds the fossils is ancient forest and flora that was burned [possibly electrically] in the absence of oxygen at the beginning of the catastrophe which produced the mountains, IMO. Throw in comet dust containing calcite to explain the limestone.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:41 am

Ice cores are meaningless.

"Fundamentally, in counting any annual marker, we must ask whether it is absolutely unequivocal, or whether nonannual events could mimic or obscure a year. For the visible strata (and, we believe, for any other annual indicator at accumulation rates representative of central Greenland), it is almost certain that variability exists at the subseasonal or storm level, at the annual level, and for various longer periodicities (2-year, sunspot, etc.). We certainly must entertain the possibility of misidentifying the deposit of a large storm or a snow dune as an entire year or missing a weak indication of a summer and thus picking a 2-year interval as 1 year." -- Alley, R.B. et al., Visual-Stratigraphic Dating of the GISP2 Ice Core: Basis, Reproducibility, and Application, Journal of Geophysical Research, Volume 102, Number C12, Pages 26, 367–26, 381, 1997

Antarctica is Atala/Atlantis/Aztlan.

"There is a story, which even you have preserved, that once upon a time Paethon [Venus], the son of Helios, having yoked the steeds in his father's chariot, because he was not able to drive them in the path of his father, burnt up all that was upon the earth, and was himself destroyed by a thunderbolt. Now this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving in the heavens around the earth, and a great conflagration of things upon the earth, which recurs after long intervals...." -- Plato, Timaeus, 360 B.C.

"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

MattEU

Coronal Mass Ejections and ice cores

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:52 am

Total Science wrote:
whats the image of in your post?

"GISP Ice core studies demonstrating temperature change and sulphate deposition"

this image comes from ancientd's article about THE LITTLE ICE AGE 1280 - 1850 A.D. and is to do with Coronal Mass Ejections and ice cores. not sure what is of interest to you in that article so didnt quote any of it

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am

Hi total science
Yes very interesting re mythology . Not sure regarding identification of Phaeton with Venus. If you read OVID in Metamorphoses .or many Greek /Roman epics there always seems doubt on which Planet or God is what Sometimes the sun is Apollo sometimes Mercury ,Venus. Helios seems to be the Sun but sometimes Apollo is the Sun but always very brigh( which we wrongly in my opinion assume to be the Sun) Ovid says as much . However OVID quite clearly says the Poles were melted ,the rivers dried up and the crops etc were burnt. Was this the time when the poles were displaced. Ovid talks of the the chariot wandering off course in the heavens with finally Zeus zapping the works with a thunderbolt . Zeus of course always being Jupiter. Better read up and refresh my memory but this must equate to around 1000BC give or take the odd few centuries . So is the time of the polar displacement and the redeposition of the ice /water to a new location. ? Love these questions .They stretch the brain.

Total Science

Re: Coronal Mass Ejections and ice cores

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:51 pm

MattEU wrote:whats the image of in your post?
The image in my post shows Atlantis, aka Atala, aka Ogygia, aka Aztlan, aka Antarctica.

The identity of these is seen by the fact that (1) Antarctica is in fact a White Island (Atala/Aztlan), (2) Antarctica is located in the navel of the sea (it's at the center of all longitudinal lines), (3) the island of Atlas holds up the pillar of heaven (it being at the south pole), and (4) it is bigger than Libya and Asia combined as indicated in the image comparison of the two geographies.
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 pm

ancientd wrote:Hi total science
Yes very interesting re mythology . Not sure regarding identification of Phaeton with Venus.
To be honest I am also not certain about the identity of Phaethon as Venus however remember that Venus is the Morning Star Lucifer. Ovid uses the word Lucifer i.e. Venus the Morning Star in his poem Phaeton.

"The stars were fled, for Lucifer [Venus] had chased
The stars away, and fled himself at last."--Ovid, Metamorphoses Book II: Phaeton, 8

The only uncertainty here for me is that Hyginus identifies Paethon as Saturn on the authority of Eratosthenes.

"The second star is that of Sol; others say is Saturn. Eratosthenes claims that it is called Paethon, from the son of Sol. Many have written about him -- how he foolishly drove his father's chariot and set fire to the earth. Because of this he was struck with a thunderbolt by Jove [Jupiter], and fell into the river Eridanus, and was conveyed by Sol to the constellations." -- Gaius J. Hyginus, author, Astronimica, Book II, 1st century B.C.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:38 am

Color me a newbie, Total Science, but this is the first I've heard of about an Atlantis/Antarctica connection. It fits rather well, now that I think about it... glad you posted this stuff up! :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Nitai

Unread post by Nitai » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

mharratsc wrote:...but this is the first I've heard of about an Atlantis/Antarctica connection. It fits rather well, now that I think about it... glad you posted this stuff up! :)
Here is some other interesting information about Antarctica too.. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_1.htm
The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.
His passion was cartography. His high rank within the Turkish navy allowed him to have a privileged access to the Imperial Library of Constantinople.

The Turkish admiral admits in a series of notes on the map that he compiled and copied the data from a large number of source maps, some of which dated back to
the fourth century BC or earlier.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Steve Smith I know you are out there listening . Could you post that video regarding Antarctica with that shows the ice coming off the continent and the amazing three D topography. I tried to copy and download it to here but it wouldnt work. Maybe it has copy right protection but it really demonstrates the magnitude of the ice sheet and what it would take to dump or remove that huge mass all the best Mungo

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Charlton Heston hosted a TV documentary 6 years or so ago called "Mysterious Origins of Man" that delved into some of these ancient cartographers. The claim that Antarctica was the ancient Atlantis was made in that show, but the proof would have to be uncovered from under 2 km or more of ice pack...
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 132214.htm
ScienceDaily (Sep. 8, 2010) — As the last ice age was ending, about 13,000 years ago, a final blast of cold hit Europe, and for a thousand years or more, it felt like the ice age had returned. But oddly, despite bitter cold winters in the north, Antarctica was heating up. For the two decades since ice core records revealed that Europe was cooling at the same time Antarctica was warming over this thousand-year period, scientists have looked for an explanation.

A new study in Nature brings them a step closer by establishing that New Zealand was also warming, indicating that the deep freeze up north, called the Younger Dryas for the white flower that grows near glaciers, bypassed much of the southern hemisphere.

"Glaciers in New Zealand receded dramatically at this time, suggesting that much of the southern hemisphere was warming with Antarctica," said study lead author, Michael Kaplan, a geochemist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. "Knowing that the Younger Dryas cooling in the northern hemisphere was not a global event brings us closer to understanding how Earth finally came out of the ice age."
The biting question I have is: who needs Lamont-Doherty Observatory when we have Homer, Herodotus, and Plato?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm

TS quoted Science Daily: As the last ice age was ending, about 13,000 years ago, a final blast of cold hit Europe, and for a thousand years or more, it felt like the ice age had returned. But oddly, despite bitter cold winters in the north, Antarctica was heating up.
* I think it's Mike's graph above showing Noah's flood and the Peleg event, which is about correct. The continents were likely still combined together as a supercontinent at about the time of the Saturn System breakup about 4,500 to 5,000 years ago. That's the time that the supercontinent was broken up by an electrical impact. Earth had had mild weather before the breakup, but after that, it likely moved from the orbit of the asteroids between Mars and Jupiter [where it was kept warm by Saturn] to its present orbit, so it was exposed to very cold space before arriving here. So the arctic and antarctic regions likely have only been cold since then.

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Hodell, E.A., et. al, Abrupt Cooling of Antarctic Surface Waters and Sea Ice Expansion in the South Atlantic Sector of the Southern Ocean at 5000 cal yr B.P., Quaternary Research, Volume 56, Issue 2, Pages 191-198, 2001
Antarctic surface waters were warm and ice free between 10,000 and 5000 cal yr B.P., as judged from ice-rafted debris and microfossils in a piston core at 53°S in the South Atlantic. This evidence shows that about 5000 cal yr B.P., sea surface temperatures cooled, sea ice advanced, and the delivery of ice-rafted detritus (IRD) to the subantarctic South Atlantic increased abruptly. These changes mark the end of the Hypsithermal and onset of Neoglacial conditions. They coincide with an early Neoglacial advance of mountain glaciers in South America and New Zealand between 5400 and 4900 cal yr B.P., rapid middle Holocene climate changes inferred from the Taylor Dome Ice Core (Antarctica), cooling and increased IRD in the North Atlantic, and the end of the African humid period. The near synchrony and abruptness of all these climate changes suggest links among the tropics and both poles that involved nonlinear response to gradual changes in Northern Hemisphere insolation. Sea ice expansion in the Southern Ocean may have provided positive feedback that hastened the end of the Hypsithermal and African humid periods in the middle Holocene.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 pm

* TS, I wonder if they've finally found a fairly accurate dating method, since they mention climate change 5,000 years BP, which matches the estimate for the Saturn System breakup.
The near synchrony and abruptness of all these climate changes suggest links among the tropics and both poles that involved nonlinear response to gradual changes in Northern Hemisphere insolation.
* Yeah, "a nonlinear response" like suddenly, because Earth was likely leaving the Saturn System at the cold asteroid belt and wandering slowly toward its present warmer orbit. Insolation [solar radiation] was pretty nonlinear too, switching from Saturnian radiation to Sun radiation.
Sea ice expansion in the Southern Ocean may have provided positive feedback that hastened the end of the Hypsithermal and African humid periods in the middle Holocene.
* Or, more meaningfully and realistically, if there was sea ice expansion, it and the climate changes were due to the above changes in Earth's orbit etc.
* Now, on the matter of the gods yous were discussing earlier, is anyone happy to read the more plausible identities of Helios, Phaethon and Apollo et al explained at http://maverickscience.com that I linked to above?