Possible electrical scars on Planet Earth...

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ancientd

Re: antarctica

Unread post by ancientd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 am

Gary N ,Elec geek and MattEU. I think all your explanation of sudden ice formations seem reasonable but that does not explain the prescence of forests and mammoths in these cold regions, They explain possibly a large DUMP of snow but not the fact that prior to this it was obviously a temperate zone supporting many animals. That is if we presume that polar places ( at least on Earth are always cold ) Remeber the mammoths and tree muck deposits in Alaska and Siberia are heaped up ,mangled and variously torn apart or preserved pristinely in ice. For a sudden,immediate shift from temperate zone to Antartic climate ( as witnessed by concurrent combinations of preservation and fossilization) I can think of no better explanation than axis shift. This is theoretically possible if an external magnetic field disharmonises the normal spin.??????Any alternate thoughts

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:22 am

One more thought about the frozen mammoths...wouldn't they have to have been subjected to a dry "flash freeze" event?

Snow can operate like insulation, so I am not imagining a large dump of snow, but a sudden exposure to temperatures cold enough to flash-freeze a large, hairy animal fast enough to deactivate the enzymes in its mouth and thereby preserve a delicate flower contained therein. :o

Also, regarding the size of hail--I saw a piece on TV last night that showed a chart indicating that hail the size of a soccer ball is created by 190 MPH upward drafts. That's approaching the speed of big tornadoes, only oriented vertically instead of horizontally. That brings me, once again, to wonder if phenomena like that are similar to magnetic loops on the sun.

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 am

[quote="GaryNIonised oxygen exhibits a rapid temperature drop when transitioning from glow mode to a plasmoid state. [/quote]

And so is it the lightning in the thunderstorm that causes the transition?

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 am

Ancienttd wrote:
Remeber the mammoths and tree muck deposits in Alaska and Siberia are heaped up ,mangled and variously torn apart or preserved pristinely in ice.
and
I can think of no better explanation than axis shift.
Would we not then expect to find similar heaps of animals at all latitudes and positions on the Earth, rather than just in the northern latitudes? Are all these heaps oriented in the same direction? I'm not ruling out an axis shift per se.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:54 am

Hello Grey Cloud: The bones seem quite common. Please read Earth in Upheavel, in you haven't already. Caves were gathering places for carnivores and herbivores, with no predation. They called a truce when Venus ran amok. Maybe Mars.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

MattEU

Elevation in the Andes

Unread post by MattEU » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:09 am

Elevation in the Andes

31 Jul 2010

Along the coastline of South America there are a series of well known stranded beaches which indicate changes in sea level - or seismic shifts. The idea that mountain building in the Andes was recent was popular at one stage because Lake Titicaca, for example, was formerly located at a much lower altitude, it was thought, as it had been a coastal lagoon. A few years ago, Lonnie Thompson took cores from the Quelcaya mountain glacier (see earlier post on In the News) in Peru and discovered that in 3200BC the region was suddenly elevated and plants that normally grow way below the current horizon were frozen in situ instantly, as when the same glacier began to recede as a result of modern warming the plants emerged intact. A connection was then made with Oetzi in the Alps. He was suddenly frozen and preserved in the ice - at precisely the same point in time. The question is - was there a mountain building episode at this time? The geology is explicit - no, there was not. What other explanation can there be? The clue may lie in Paul Dunbavin's book, Atlantis in the West (available from the SIS book service) in which a small change in the axis of rotation may have occurred around 3200BC, and the Mid Holocene Warm Period may correspond with a slightly more upright tilt of the earth. Hence, the initial change may have occurred at around 6200BC (as an even bigger change in sea level is associated with that date), and the raised beaches around the coastline of South America may simply mark the change in geoid as the ocean waters realigned themselves. The simplicity of the explanation is what is attractive as it does not require massive tectonic forces at work. It also indicates Lake Titicaca was a coastal lagoon before 6200BC. Changes in the geoid result in some regions becoming submerged (sinking) and other regions rising up (elevation), so while South America appears to have been rising up out of the sea the continental shelf system around NW Europe and NE America was drowning. What about the Alps? Now, it just so happens they occur on the line Dunbavin draws between areas sinking and those that are rising, with four quarters. Hence, one part of the northern hemisphere sank and another part of it rose up, and the same would be true in the southern hemisphere where in fact the process is more pronounced as the continental land mass is spread out and smaller overall in comparison to the ocean. In SE Asia for example, the Sunda and Sahul continental shelf systems were submerged - at what appears to be roughly the same time the stranded beaches occur in South America. This post was prompted by the previous one in which tectonic processes appear to be inadequate to explain the raised beach phenomenon. It is of course not something that fits too easily into the idea of a smooth sea level curve, a gentle raising and lowering of sea level due to small processes at work in the natural world. However, it is a process that may account for the more rapid and dramatic rises in sea level as proposed by Rhodes Fairbridge.

SIS "In the News" - Elevation in the Andes

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks MattEU. If i understand the article correctly, the 26.5 mile equatorial bulge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_bulge would move if the axis of inclination changes. A change in the location of the poles as Dr. Velikovsky proposed would also change the location of the bulge. With a moving 26.5 mile bulge, a 10,000 change of elevation is not a big deal.

Dr. V proposed a pole shift because Siberia was never glaciated and New York State was. Siberia also was able to support herds of Mammoths that required bushels of vegetation daily to survive. Please see Earth in Upheaval.

Thanks again, michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 pm

ElecGeekMom wrote:One more thought about the frozen mammoths...wouldn't they have to have been subjected to a dry "flash freeze" event?

Snow can operate like insulation, so I am not imagining a large dump of snow, but a sudden exposure to temperatures cold enough to flash-freeze a large, hairy animal fast enough to deactivate the enzymes in its mouth and thereby preserve a delicate flower contained therein.
good point!!...but i think the animal was killed instantly, then frozen...a high voltage electrical event nearby would have killed any animal. i saw a whole soccer team hit the ground in pain when lightening hit nearby. with a large area such as the feet of a mammoth as conductor entry/exit points there may have been no burning or the feet were not examined for marks....

regardless of what killed the animal or what caused the quick freezing , the animal was killed instantly before it could swallow or clear out it's mouth.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Sparky

Re: antarctica/artic - earths natural freezer circuit

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 pm

MattEU wrote:Image

the artic and antartica have a natural circuit running between them, the Van Allen radiation belts. the inner belt is protons (+pos) and the outer belt is electrons (-neg). do the Van Allen radiation belts provide the natural circuit for earths natural fridge freezer?

earths natural electrical fridge freezer circuit?
These look like those plasmoid thingies... :shock:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 pm

And so is it the lightning in the thunderstorm that causes the transition?
Sorry EGM, missed your post...

I don' remember exactly where I read about the temperature drop, but did come up with this after a little searching.
The downstream gas temperature variation of radio frequency (13.56 MHz) electrodeless discharges is measured as a function of power, gas flow rate and pressure. The gas temperature is seen to increase linearly with power but shows a drastic drop at the point where glow discharge plasma shifts to the plasmoid state. The drop in temperature is assumed to be due to the dissipation of energy which leaves the localized plasmoid. The variation of gas temperature is found to follow a relationship similar to that of the gas residence time in the discharge region with changing flow rate and pressure.
http://jjap.ipap.jp/link?JJAP/31/L738/

An electrode-less, RF plasma. Hmm. Well, we know that lightning is rich in RF EM emissions. What I had previously wondered was if it was the energy given up in the transition to the plasmoid, as well as producing the downstream cooling, was emitting photons too?
So, I was wondering, if we have a DL breakdown somewhere up above, could it be that rather than one large discharge, we have billions of little ones, and within those little ones we have a current pinch, leading to a 'gap-spark', which forms the plasmoid. At the center then, of each of the nodules of the giant hailstone, would have been a pinch to spark to plasmoid, along with photons and cooling. I know, I know. Go to your room... :cry:
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Could this be relevant if scaled up ?

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20090312 ... 065177.php

excerpt:
Cooling with microwave excited micro-plasma and ions
Abstract: One embodiment of the present invention uses an actuator, which is actuated by electromagnetic microwave. The actuator is used to generate the micro-plasma and ions. The configurations of actuators may be microstrip lines structure, stripline structure, piping structure, multiplayer traces and electrodes structure, waveguide structure, and cavity structure. The generated micro-plasma and ions will induce a local turbulent gas flow and the flow is to carry the heat away from the surfaces of the heat sink fins. The actuators may be coupled to heat sink fins, heat transferring pipes, cooling fans, and heat sources in varied configurations. (end of abstract)

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Starbiter, if the rotational axis shifts its equatorial region shifts with it, so why would the equatorial bulge migrate? Or were you referring to a shift of the magnetic axis causing the equatorial bulge to move??
Sparky, regardless of what killed the mammoths, flashfreezing must occur in order to preserve their ingested flora from bacterial decay. It must happen so soon that wouldn't whatever caused the flashfreezing also cause the death of the elephant? This is of course referring to an arctic, not antarctic, event... regardless, it is the radical climatic shift that makes both fossiliferous regions remarkable.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 am

also remeber we are not only getting possibly frozen preserved mammoths but in Antartica at least huge forests of fossilized forests and leaves. i.e. wood transformed into rocklike substances . The agent causing snap freezing must also be capable of causing fossilization. Alos beneath Antartica are marsupial and other remains not to mention coal fields. So does this insinuate your ionization theory as capable of producing these fossils. any comments.Certainly some have seen high voltage powerlines on live trees causing petrification very quickly.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:09 am

hi Web,
Starbiter, if the rotational axis shifts its equatorial region shifts with it, so why would the equatorial bulge migrate? Or were you referring to a shift of the magnetic axis causing the equatorial bulge to move??
Some of my own speculations, there are at least two bulges, one in the hydrosphere and one in the lithosphere. I would think that the hydrospheric bulge would move easily (creating nightmarish floods) with any disruption of the rotation or displacement of the axis of rotation. The lithospheric bulge would be much more rigid, possibly acting as a stabilizer for the axis of rotation, making any displacement temporary or minor.
Sparky, regardless of what killed the mammoths, flashfreezing must occur in order to preserve their ingested flora from bacterial decay. It must happen so soon that wouldn't whatever caused the flashfreezing also cause the death of the elephant?
Exactly! The frozen mammoths are bigger problem then is realized, even by many catatrophists. The digestive process for an animal as large as an elephant continues for many hours after death, yet the contents of the stomachs of some of the specimens have undigested flora in their stomachs. Freezing must have been sudden, very sudden. Furthermore the undigested stomach contents of several of the mammoth specimens are of plants that do not grow in the Arctic circle. (But, we digress as this thread concerns the antipodal area of the globe.) Anyway, for anyone interested I would recommend The Extinction of the Mammoth (1997) by Charles Ginenthal.

Nick

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello Webo and Nick: I'm thinking the Equatorial Bulge might have moved. The water level would change easily. The land may rise or fall. The process could still be settling out.

If the Saturnian System is correct, there would have been no bulge during this time, if i'm not mistaken. This might explain a 10,000 foot rise in Peru. This might be a factor with the Himalayas. This is speculation on my part. Just thinking. I'm probably full of it. My friends think so.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com