The Electric Earth

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Kapriel

Re: Faults as circuit-breakers

Unread post by Kapriel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 pm

As a postscript to my previous:

I watched a program on PBS a few months back explaining the "chemical vapor deposition" method of growing diamonds.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow ... 1-350.html A small "seeder" diamond is laid in a pressure chamber, surrounded by methane gas (along with a small amount of other gases) and a heated plasma is applied. In only days the diamond begins to grow. I think we might apply this technique to the growth of granite, assuming that at some point in Earth's past, a plasma layer formed beneath the surface. Either a plasma layer, or a magnetic field resulting from a plasma layer. The bottom line here is that plasma can be used to grow crystals. This might answer the question of why crystalline rock is found in places where it does not appear to have ever been buried too deeply. It also points to very specific points in time when these conditions existed. If this had been a common condition, the entire Earth would be made of granite.

It's entirely possible that the process of fractional crystallization is fueled by a plasma layer at depth. So many possibilities with this one.

I'll come back on the forum later tonight and show you how to find granite anywhere in the world using only Google-Earth and my theory as a guide. Granite obeys "rules", and it's possible to predict where it ca be found using those rules.

- K. Gifford (aka Kapriel)
Doubt is not proof.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Kapriel wrote:
..t's a fine mystery, also, when you think that in order to go from sandstone to granite (say for instance through metamorphic processes) you'd have to stop first and insert some radioactive elements, some gold and other precious or heavy metals, and so on. Interesting how quartzite, a metamorphic rock,
Kapriel,

Again, i am not discounting the transformative potential of electric environments on Rock, or your model for a drastically variable electric environment for Earth, over time. As for the traditional academic use of "metamorphic rock" to mean sediments melted in to rocks, that is as limiting as the term "accretion disc" to denote a process of gravity alone.
By "metamorphed" (changed in form or structure) i was there referring to the long, torturous transformations of the (i believe) primal element-rich siliconiferous crust, and in more recent eons, sedimentary composites.
The Quartzes, another highly ubiquitous rock, are also mainly silicon and often crystalline material that can form under many conditions besides melting of sandstone. It's conjunction with gold and other precious metals may be something to do with their common abilities to flow and remain integral at very high temperatures. See for example diorite and pegmatite.

s

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Hello Kapriel. I'm slowly learning about granite, and it's cousins. I'm tagging along with a geology class looking at mountains in the field. According to the Prof., Granite, rhyolite and obsidian have the same elemental components. Granite has the most crystallization, rhyolite less, and obsidian even less. In the field the rhyolite looks more molten and burned. It appears the rhyolite got hotter than the granite and lost crystallization. The obsidian seems to have melted completely, losing even more crystals.

The granite formations we visit are at the highest elevation. The rhyolite is lower, and the obsidian is in association with the rhyolite, in some places.

I feel all the formations are the result of recent [3500-5500 years] duning.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 9&t=p&z=10

The material from comet Venus could have changed over the course of the protracted catastrophes. The older, taller mountains seem granitic. Then lower, more molten, rhyolite. Then lower, younger still, sandstone. This is the general pattern. The sandstone seems like the end of the process. Where the sandstone completely melts, basalt seems to appear. This would imply a large reduction in silicon dioxide during the melting.

Just some general observations, michael

The grey is rhyolite, the black is obsidian.
Attachments
obsidian.jpg
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Kapriel

Unread post by Kapriel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Seasmith-
I understand what you mean (i.e.metamorphic processes). And yes, that's entirely possible (i.e. quartzes)--flow seems to be intimately concerned with these formations. I've asked myself how ionized something would have to be before it would begin to behave like a laboratory plasma? Thanks to Freund we now know that electricity can be conducted through ordinary rock (where pressure, alone, creates the current within the rock). In Freund's experiments the rock seemed to be unchanged afterwards, but certainly this would not be the case if the current he'd created were stronger (perhaps if it had been augmented from without) and if the experiment were left to run for months or years.I would next ask which ions would eventually be liberated from the parent rock, and which would be mobilized to follow the path the current made? Would local water be needed, would silica be more likely to mobilize than other minerals, for example? How much would become solution and move, and how much would be repelled, or be sloughed off to the sides? In my opinion, granite is more than just a "holding tank" for mineral wealth--- it's a "factory".

Michael-
I don't know about above-ground transformations of sandstone where Venus is concerned, though it's an interesting idea using the Venusian plasma tail to do the transformations. I *do* have certain reservations about applying that idea whole-scale to every formation that has the same physical shape as dunes.

As you know, both obsidian and rhyolite are quick-cooled, above-ground versions of granite etc., which is why there are few large crystals in them. How large amounts of nearly pure silica (obsidian) separates itself from an inhomogeneous melt (rhyolite is not pure silica) has always seemed a contradiction to me, in terms of how volcanoes are supposed to work. Magma chambers must be more highly specialized structures than we think. If you ever figure that one out, you'll be famous.

K.G.
Doubt is not proof.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Hello Kapriel: You had mentioned to me that obsidian was almost pure silicon dioxide. I mentioned this to the Ph.D prof., and he disagreed. He claims the obsidian is the same elementally as the granite and rhyolite [70% silicone dioxide]. Just fewer crystals. He also claims the obsidian begins to recrystallize with time.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Kapriel

Unread post by Kapriel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Michael-
You're absolutely right, obsidian and rhyolite can have the same compositions. I was thinking of the huge obsidian deposits up by Clear Lake, California. It's seems amazing to me that so many meters of the stuff managed to be laid down, so close to rhyolite deposits of equal or greater thicknesses. You'd not think that the one would cool while the other remain "hot" long enough to form crystals, when both are fairly close to the air. Even the obsidian, which is supposedly cooling quickly because of its exposure to the air, is many meters thick...too thick to cool uniformly top to bottom. It doesn't seem logical.
Doubt is not proof.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

The process seems external, and electrical, to the eye of a heretic.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

MattEU

earth as an air core transformer

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 am

to be honest my article idea is to show the coils/bands around the earth and that it could be a transformer. what type it is i dont really know. as its all so complicated it could be a complex mixture of transformers and circuits at different levels depending on the local environment and time of year. a number of step up/down circuits and frequency active parts.

different levels seem to have different directions and you have bands going lat and long and also up and down.

also we dont know what is at the center of the earth. the other problem of course is that the EU has to rely on mainstream scientists to discover by accident what we want or need them to find out for us

Image Image
air core transformers diagram and the earth in an electric universe

air core transformer is a good candidate and i have no issue with the earth having an air/plasma center, especially as those S-waves cant travel through liquid/water. infact the earth as a geode with plasma in the middle makes sense for helping our part in the solar systems circuit and perhaps producing our water/oil/energy etc.

Image Image
earth as an transformer circuit diagram

the circuit diagrams for air core transformers would work with earths electical environment and weather. as has been mentioned it is interesting that they are used for electrical systems and especially frequencies. part of the reason for the transformer idea is the power up/down part but also that man made system used to power an object from a distance. that was what sort of "confirmed" the basic idea to me that the earth could be a transformer.

how the diagram or earths circuit or circuits work is the real task. it also depends on how you look at it. which way up or sideways are the earths circuits/wiring/loops/in/out?

Image Image
tuned air core transformers diagram and earths electric weather

Dragoneye wrote: Air core transformers are also quite useful as chokes in that they "exclude" unwanted radiative frequencies. These types of transformers are often used in audio and radio circuits.
sorry to quote wiki below but sometimes it does raise good points.
Effect of frequency

the time-derivative term in Faraday's Law shows that the flux in the core is the integral with respect to time of the applied voltage.[33] Hypothetically an ideal transformer would work with direct-current excitation, with the core flux increasing linearly with time.[34] In practice, the flux would rise to the point where magnetic saturation of the core occurs, causing a huge increase in the magnetizing current and overheating the transformer. All practical transformers must therefore operate with alternating (or pulsed) current.[34]

The EMF of a transformer at a given flux density increases with frequency.[28] By operating at higher frequencies, transformers can be physically more compact because a given core is able to transfer more power without reaching saturation and fewer turns are needed to achieve the same impedance. However, properties such as core loss and conductor skin effect also increase with frequency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transforme ... _frequency
if i remember correctly in another thread http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... 83&start=0 it mentioned that space currents are Direct Currents? i couldnt find the bit that mentions it and the thread is a bit much for someone who mainly looks at rocks. can anyone confirm if the earth only has DC or does it also have AC coming to/from it or perhaps explain it a bit better to do with the earth?

Image Image
earth as a transformer but what/which is the circuit diagram?

jjohnson wrote:MattEU, what would happen if you add in Earth's two Van Allen belts, which are concentric plasmas circulating equatorially, one being largely electrons and the other positive ions? In a transformer you usually have a primary and a secondary winding. What elements in your present model represent those two windings?
Jim
as to the Van Allen belts they need to be included and its working out the circuit or circuits diagram. it is very interesting that they are "largely electrons and the other positive ions".

for in/output you have to include such things as the arctic plasma fountain but there is also an equatorial plasma fountain, linked to the earths arctic plasma fountain are is the earths fast plasma jet (space quakes / aurora), you also then have the day/night boundary and lightning - (underground?)- ground - space. there are more that we know and more that we will find by accident in the years to come.

the earth as a plasma ball - earth image showing lightning/sprites then the aurora (no lightning at north pole) then earths space plasma fountain

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:03 am

Great posts, Kapriel. I'm following your ideas with much interest and agree with most of your statements, taking them in the form of propositions, that is. On a excursion last summer to Crater Lake in Oregon, I took some time to observe and ponder the rhyolite/obsidian relationship, which can be observed in road cuts all along the rim drive. The obsidian can be found as small gravelly inclusions in rhyolite in one place, then only meters away as thick formations of just obsidian. I think it has to do with the currents within the molten material as it was erupted, hotter streams of material, adjacent to relatively cooler flows with pockets of steam grading into cooler areas, etc. and this resulting in various sizes of obsidian from the "apache tears" size and smaller all the way to large thick formations, all from the same basic eruptive conditions.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Kapriel

Unread post by Kapriel » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Webo-

I think that's a very reasonable explanation. I haven't thought it through well enough yet to make any suggestions of my own. I have never, for instance, checked to see what, if any, magnetic field alignments might show up in the obsidian layers, or how those might relate to those surrounding them. Steens Mt., Oregon (if you're familiar with what Coe et.al. has published on that?) shows supposed field reversals on the order of once every 6 minutes in some cases, so who knows whether those may ever be used to prove anything, but it's might be a good place to start. Let me know if you want Coe's paper.

-K. Gifford
Doubt is not proof.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 am

Elsewhere I've discussed a similar theme with respect to the magnetic striping at mid-ocean ridges. As the basalt is rapidly extruded at the spread zone, local [not global or polar] field fluctuations may show up as magnetic reversals in the successive regions, stripes. Alternately, active superauroral activity might produce a similar effect. Regional scale piezoelectric effects could result in telluric currents, the opposing plates as "capacitors", at such regions, and also in zones parallel to other compressional areas such as the Rocky Mountains. Just a reminder to those who wrongly label me as an SM-er, yes I believe in seafloor spreading and continental drift [in a past catastrophic event context] but not in the general PT view of randomly shifting crustal plates. Further studies should reveal, IMO, the presence of significant electrical effects in/from the crust preceding any/all significant fault activity/earthquakes/volcanics in such regions.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

redeye

Re: is the Earth an electromagnetic coil/transformer?

Unread post by redeye » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:15 am

Wasn't sure where to put this so...:

SUN-EARTH CONNECTION

which links to:

Space Weather Turns into an International Problem

with a link to:

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Matt,

Maybe its an idea to compare the circuit diagrams with the workings of a terrella.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrella

He (Mr Birkeland) tried to simulate the effect using a "terrella," a sphere in a vacuum tank to which he directed beams of cathode rays, later identified as electrons, and found they indeed produced a glow in regions around the poles of the terrella. Because of residual gas in the chamber, the glow also outlined the path of the particles. Neither he nor his associate Carl Størmer (who calculated such paths) could understand why the actual aurora avoided the area around the poles themselves.
In your perspective Matt, what circuit diagram is sharing the same properties as the terrella?

BTW, Again I'm not sure if the following is possible but, using the different circuits in a plasma medium could bring some possible answers. Just a thought.
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

MattEU

earth as a Terella

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:29 am

MrAmsterdam wrote:Hi Matt,

Maybe its an idea to compare the circuit diagrams with the workings of a terrella.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrella

He (Mr Birkeland) tried to simulate the effect using a "terrella," a sphere in a vacuum tank to which he directed beams of cathode rays, later identified as electrons, and found they indeed produced a glow in regions around the poles of the terrella. Because of residual gas in the chamber, the glow also outlined the path of the particles. Neither he nor his associate Carl Størmer (who calculated such paths) could understand why the actual aurora avoided the area around the poles themselves.
In your perspective Matt, what circuit diagram is sharing the same properties as the terrella?

BTW, Again I'm not sure if the following is possible but, using the different circuits in a plasma medium could bring some possible answers. Just a thought.
i had a look for circuit diagrams and magnetic fields of birkelands terrella experiments and came across this image and article on BAUT by a certain mgmirkin!this image is of the sun but i thought it was worth putting here

Solar Plasma Torus Double Banded SunTerella

i am not sure what circuit/transformer the earth represents, at the moment i am still trying to work out the most basic form of the circuits/transformers that each part of the environment could represent. if anyone has any ideas i would truly appreciate it.

earths magnetosphere and ring current

multi level earth circuits and connections

as i mentioned before i wonder if each layer has different circuits/transformer abilities, that may also vary with the time of year and even that day. you also have the circuits going sideways and upwards/downwards through each other to consider

do certain parts of the circuits only work or appear when others are active or not operating? what other events or circuits do spacequakes and earthquakes trigger or stop or are they "leakage" or a short circuit?

if i remember correctly from many years ago at school, if you have 2 wires of a circuit together but going in opposite directions they cancel out each others magnetic field? does this also happen in the earths environment and EU "weather" or geology events?

soooo, not really much of an answer, hopefully yourself or another electric members of the forum knows the answer or can light up our path :)

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi MattEU,
That is a good post by mgmirkin on BAUT.
What do we see here? The two obvious features are 1) A diffuse torus of plasma around the equator. 2) A double-banded pattern of cathodic arc spots bordering the equator. We see bright spots only the places where the discharges touch down to the terella (from the plasma torus / ring current; if memory serves).
My only quibble would be that I see two distinct tori around the equator, one related to each of the cathodic arc spot bands. My question would be, is the discharge to these spots due to attractive regions produced by structures internal to the Sun? Yes, I'm still pushing for my internal magnetron poles!
I have been disappointed with the SDO offerings on their site, it seem very difficult to locate images and movies that I have seen on spaceweather.com, but the other day I was clicking around and did come upon some images that showed these touchdown points quite clearly, but looking to be in a 'low-power' mode, which would make sense in a quiet sun situation. I don't know how I got to the images, and didn't bookmark it, will have to have another look when I have more time. Also, I can find no mention of many of the wave, ripple and ray structures exhibited in some of the movies posted to spaceweather. I should E-mail spaceweather and ask what their source is.
I don't think there is any doubt we are looking at a very electromagnetic Sun, but the exact nature of the structure still requires some refinement.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller