Electric Nature

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bdw000

Re: Trees

Unread post by bdw000 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:11 am

The article does not appear to be "complete." Notice that it does not mention where the ph imbalance comes from.
Where would such an imbalance come from? Some sort of "chemical reactions" occurring either in the tree, in the soil, or both.

I will hazard a guess that when the ion producing the electricity is a hydrogen ion, then they use the tern "pH imbalance."

When the ion(s) are anything but a hydrogen ion, then they use the term "chemical reactions."

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 am

Of course, thats what an acid is, hydrogen ion, a pure nucleus aka a proton, no electron....it burns.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:00 pm

So could an experiment be conducted where you drive a nail into a tree and attach the postive end of a multimeter to it, then on the ground have a number of large pots, each pot having a different ph soil in it, then place the negative end of the multimete to each soil sample to see how ph (and type of ph) affects the voltage, or would it have to be the soil the tree is growing in.

There is a demonstration video here regarding the voltages...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtV0s2xepD0
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

bdw000

Unread post by bdw000 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 pm

Can't you get voltage differences in the atmoshphere (in relation to the earth's surface)? . . . . Isn't it something like a few volts per meter? Or do you have to be at least a mile up, and then get a thousand volts? I am not an expert. I have a book that lists "400,000 volts between the surface of the earth and 60 miles up in the atmosphere."

Since these are biologists (perhaps unaware of the atmospheric electricity), and the voltages are small, is it possible that the "altitude" of one of their voltmeter probes was high enough up in the tree to get an atmospheric voltage? Just a thought. If their probe in the tree is at ground level, well, scratch this.

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 pm

I wonder if the correct voltage reading requires a Langmuir probe? Perhaps a double-layer surrounds the tree and prevents correct voltage measurement :?: :?:

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:48 am

Hello,

If it is atmospheric charge the above experiment with different ph soil as the grounding source should not affect the volts and amps.

The MIT article does not list all the exotic theories they tested before settling on a ph difference.

Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:35 am

While using a VLF receiver to listening to lightening and other Very Low Frequency emissions, I did some different placements of the antenna to listen for a change between direct sunlight and behind a tree in close proximity to its
branches. There was a significant change in the audio output of this VLF listening device. These same devices were
used in in the experiments associated with MIR. I don't know what all this means but it seems worth mentioning. d...z

One the subject of atmospheric voltage, here is what is said in Wal Thornhill's The Electric Universe ;

" If the earth is charged, there should be a detectable electric field at the surface. And there is. In fair weather, this electric field measures about 100 volts per meter as you move up from the surface"

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Hello,

I just used my multimeter probes on an indoor potted amaryllis plant. No other metal other than probe tips was used.

I got low voltage readings between the various leaves, leaf and bulb, and leaf and soil.

Soil was the weakest voltage, but the soil is dry. The plant is resting before blooming in the spring.

Testing amaryllis voltage from bulb to bloom may prove interesting. Using Radio SkyPipe to as a data logger may make it more interesting. Using a potted plant with a vigorous life cycle like and amaryllis may prove very interesting, and handy for data logging.

Later,
Tom

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:14 pm

In my understanding, an electrical potential field exists between any two materials, very notably so in the case of acids and bases, or with dissimilar metals, not so notably between other "non-conductors"; and electrical "flow" occurs in these [virtually all] situations. By flow I mean here that an exchange of "charge" occurs, albeit not necessarily a movement of particles from point A to point B. That charge "exchange" is manifest as a "tug" registered on some detector or receiver, or on the electrical configuration/shells/cloud/or? of a particular atom or molecule; and can be transfered from "particle" to "particle" electrochemically, eg along/between the membranes of neurons, etc., or along the surface of a conductor such as a wire, or conservatively across a sizeable distance over a resistant pathway virtually instantaneously, such as from one end of a wire to the other, or lightning in the atmosphere, or a non-resistant[?] space such as... well, interplanetary or intergalactic space. Our 5 senses almost entirely depend on this electrical interaction, and even our sense of touch in it's several modes is about electrical exchange. The careless statement that the measured voltage of the trees was not due to other sources disregards, among other things the fact, quoted from Wal T. in a previous post, that the earth's surface potential can be measured in terms of "altitude." This is both subtle and not-so-subtle evidence of the relationship between electricity and gravity that characterizes several unifying theories on these EU forums.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Hello,

It is funny you mention touch as I just started an experiment and touch jumped out.

I took a computer microphone jack and removed the microphone and soldered common pins to the baer wires. I then plugged the jack into the computer and used it as input probe for Radio SkyPipe data logger.

I then inserted a common pin from my probe into two different leaves of an amaryllis plant and saw some voltage. I then wondered if voltage would spike if the plant was touched (similar to human skin) and using a third leaf I moved in to touch it. To my surpise as my fingers moved in the voltage rose. It truly spiked when I touched the leaf.

It is very odd. It would appear a plant would have access to voltage associated with touch. Whether it recognizes it as "touch" I have no idea.

Voltage changes with light and temperature as well. The common pins are of the same metal.

Later,
Tom

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Ever touched a Venus Flytrap or a mimosa plant?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

david barclay

Unread post by david barclay » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 pm

There is a much simpler explanation; a tree regardless of size or age is electrically charged due to an energy differential existing between the internal dynamics of the tree and the outside of the tree.

Keep in mind that all plants and trees modulate the flow of fluid up and down the xylem by affecting a differential in energy, in respect to an underlying force of energy.

You get the same effect with a vertical length of wire, with one end stuck in the soil. There is an electrical discharge into the soil.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:21 am

With reference to tree's, of which I have the utmost repect for.
I find that tree's are capable of turning completely around the detectable "FIELD"that is detectable by utilising dowsing rods.
The tree itself tends to occupy the total width of this field, and during the period associated with summer and growth periods, it turns the field direction above ground into a CW direction, with the underground half of it's field turning CCW.
During the winter period, and from when it drops it's leaves , this field direction is found to turn completely around.
I consider that the tree is demonstrating right before our very eye's how to overcome gravity, thus the water is falling as such to the top of the tree.
In winter to avoid frezing and damage from same, it reverts to the normal condition of CCW dominant over CW, thus the water falls back down, PUSHED down by the dominant field flow direction.
That is simply what I detect, the visual results in bark patterns and such are there when you watch nature as it operates, We cannot SEE the wood for the tree's?

I have carefully observed sections of trees when they are felled, if you look the branchs have an hardwood spike that goes into the tree to different depths, to variant growth ring depths ( think circuit board like?)
Thus as the branchs ( antenae) radiate around the 360 degree's of the tree, they offer a spiral input pathway of signals from around 360 degrees, if they can switch these inputs around, then the field direction could be controlled?
As I find FIELD pattern alterations about the planet alter relative to possibly signal inputs from universe on a cyclic nature, it may be that the tree's simply respond to the altering signals around 360 degrees' thus they all respond in unison as the available inputs vary due to the tilt of the planet causing the field pattern signals to alter accordingly?
kevin

seasmith

Re: Comets and the plague ?

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:16 pm

OK, what is this one bringing?
The comet makes its closest approach to Earth (0.41 AU) on Feb. 24, 2009. Current estimates peg the maximum brightness at 4th or 5th magnitude, which means dark country skies would be required to see it. No one can say for sure, however, because this appears to be Lulin's first visit to the inner solar system and its first exposure to intense sunlight. Surprises are poss
ible.

Lulin's green color comes from the gases that make up its Jupiter-sized atmosphere. Jets spewing from the comet's nucleus contain cyanogen (CN: a poisonous gas found in many comets) and diatomic carbon (C2). Both substances glow green when illuminated by sunlight in the near-vacuum of space
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009 ... ist1066595

Feb. 24th: Closest approach! On this special morning, Lulin will lie just a few degrees from Saturn in the constellation Leo. Saturn is obvious to the unaided eye, and Lulin could be as wel

Grey Cloud

Re: Comets and the plague ?

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 pm

I'll probably regret asking this but how can a thing have a tail at the front and a tail at the back?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.