Rock Strata Formation

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

Re: Rock Strata Formation

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Gary,
You are clutching at straws here.
1. You have never seen the effects of a 'very strong, pulsed electric field' on buildings, if you have seen one at all. On the other hand it is well documented that earthquakes can and do cause huge rents in the ground; cause solid earth to behave like a liquid; cause solid earth to rise or fall substantial distances.

2. There is no melting involved with tombs at Myra. See this image here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myra#/med ... emples.jpg
If you look at the tomb in the bottom right you can clearly see the carvings in the tympanum (the triangular part at the top). It shows two humanoid figures with no sign of melting. Similarly, the hill/mountain shows no sign of melting - the rock edges are straight and angular.
And here is an image of the theatre at Myra showing the same discolouration:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myra#/med ... heatre.jpg

Guessing here but I would guess that those tombs are Hellenistic era at the earliest.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:30 pm

There is no melting involved with tombs at Myra. See this image here:
Excellent image, but I think, of course, that it supports a large E/M event. You believe an earthquake?
If you look at the tomb in the bottom right you can clearly see the carvings in the tympanum (the triangular part at the top). It shows two humanoid figures with no sign of melting. Similarly, the hill/mountain shows no sign of melting - the rock edges are straight and angular.
Yes, similar occurrences are noted at Petra, but I see that as because of the ions seeking the easiest path to satisfy their needs have done so without having to enter the chambers.
And here is an image of the theatre at Myra showing the same discolouration:
Marvellous. I can't believe the builders would have used stones with such ragged edges for the benches though. All those sharp edges in the theatre though would offer excellent grounding locations. I can even hear the racket being made by the pieces being popped off the original blocks! (Yes, I have a vivid imagination.)
Guessing here but I would guess that those tombs are Hellenistic era at the earliest.
So a relatively recent E/M event of some considerable magnitude. :D On a different but perhaps related subject, I wondered if you had looked at Sir Isaac Newton's "Revised History Of Ancient Kingdoms Amended:" which I found on Gutenberg but have not even skimmed yet, and if so what you might have though about it.
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/we ... ?num=15784
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 am

GaryN wrote:
I'd love for the whole plasma flow/EDM scenario to be proven out, it would certainly be a great addition or strengthening and restructuring my own catastrophic earth history view.
I just don't see the evidence for it.
This fellow has lots of images of these rock cut dwellings or whatever they were in Turkey. I wonder how you imagine they appear to have been eroded or demolished? Just by normal weathering?
http://www.panoramio.com/user/477635?co ... 0&show=all
Looking at the are with Google Earth, the dendritic features seem numerous.
I think when you refer to weathering and erosion, you only visualize mechanical processes, whereas limestone formations are particularly and spectacularly susceptible to chemical weathering largely from carbonic acid rainwater, but also from sulfuric acidic or hydrogen sulfide solutions associated with regional geothermal events. In addition, the desert varnish is a chemical reaction that may give an appearance of charring that misleads you to a heat/melting claim.

Much of the 70+% of land surfaces that feature sedimentary rock formations are topped with limestone, a testament to action of the deluge. Naturally during the post-deluge migrations, communities established themselves in these weathered limestone caverns, some already begun by natural precipitation and runoff, and many they enhanced or carved out themselves. Later groups further sculpted these into elaborate tombs,temples, etc.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 am

Gary,
Re Newton I wouldn't bother. He was working with a relatively small amount of source material - Greek, Roman, Bible - no Egyptian, Assyrian, Hittite etc.
As for the other thing - earthquakes and erosion - Case Closed.
If you want to read about a plasma column wreaking havoc, read the first two books (chapters) of Nonnos' Dionysiaca.

Webolife,
Thanks for putting into words what I was thinking (though I was thinking more about the salty sea air in the case of Myra).
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm

As for the other thing - earthquakes and erosion - Case Closed.
For you maybe, but I find it extremely difficult to believe the whole hillside was shattered through by an earthquake. The hillside must have been solid when the tombs were built, around 4th cen. BCE, so the 141 CE earthquake that destroyed the original theatre must have shattered the hill too. Was an earthquake the cause of the deformation/cracking of the rock though, or was it Zeus' weapons that were the cause of the Earthquake by the deformation of the rock due to the piezo-electric properties of such rock?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:32 am

A new mechanism may explain how great earthquakes with magnitudes larger than M7 are linked to coastal uplift in many regions worldwide.
Data analysis and modelling suggest that varying uplift rates along subduction margins are mainly a short-term phenomenon. For geologists, short term means shorter than 20,000 years.
These uplift rates cannot be accounted for by plate-boundary processes, as previously thought. Instead, they reflect a propensity for natural temporal variations in uplift rates where recent (not more than 10,000 years ago) uplift has been greatest due to temporal clustering of large-magnitude (bigger than M7) earthquakes on upper-plate faults.
http://www.geologyin.com/2016/10/earthq ... EggBSC4.99

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Seasmith,
This sounds much like the 'earthquake clusters' hypothesis that has been mooted as a cause of the LBA Collapse.

The guys in the article need to now go and look at uplift in non-subduction areas to see if it is any different from their present findings.

They also need to lose the techno-babble - e.g. '2D numerical models' (= statistics?).

My hypothesis: Quakes cause the cracks; the cracks do not cause the quakes. :shock: Until you factor in astronomy/planetary alignment you will not be able to predict quakes. :ugeek: :roll:
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Until you factor in astronomy/planetary alignment you will not be able to predict quakes... Gray Cloud
By astronomy, i assume you infer the whole gamut of possible celestial disruptive impulses.

The "10,000 years" time frame caught my eye. I once kicked aroud the Greek isles for a while and was just thunderstruck by all the relatively Recent upset and chaos the was readily apparent, even to a neophyte like myself.
Typhaon with his fire-breathing form, serpentine legs {like several chthonic demigods), winged/feathered body, towering height and sky-spanning reach could easily be a volcanic or plutonic monster, imo.
What has puzzled me is, what are the "tendons of Zeus", that Thyphoeus cut from the supreme sky god's arms and legs;
before Hermes patched him back up and Zeus was finally able to bury the beast under the Taurus Mountains ?

http://www.noteaccess.com/APPROACHES/AGW/BGiants.htm

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:07 am

Grey Cloud, thanks for the nod. As it happens though, salty water is less reactive with limestone than fresh, or by CO2-dissolved raindrops.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 am

GaryN,
Piezoelectric effects are a fascinating study. However generally sedimentary rock, and particularly limestone, is not susceptible to piezolectricity, whereas some igneous/granitic types do exhibit this phenomenon.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:26 am

webolife wrote:Grey Cloud, thanks for the nod. As it happens though, salty water is less reactive with limestone than fresh, or by CO2-dissolved raindrops.
You are welcome to the nod. I am surprised by the salt/fresh water part - would never have guessed it.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:59 am

Gary,
I just stumbled upon some of the quotes from Strabo I mentioned a few posts back:
Strabo, Geography 12. 7. 19 :
"In fact they make this [the volcanic plains of Lydia] the setting of the mythical story of the Arimoi and of the throes of Typhon, calling it the Katakekaumene (Catacecaumene, the Burnt Up) country. Also, they do not hesitate to suspect that the parts of the country between the Maiandros (Meander) River and the Lydians are all of this nature, as well on account of the number of the lakes and rivers as on account of the numerous hollows in the earth. And the lake between Laodikeia (Laodicea) and Apameia, although like a sea, emits an eflluvium that is filthy and of subterranean origin."
Note: Strabo elsewhere equates the Arimoi with the Aramaeans.
Strabo, Geography 13. 4. 11 ff :
"The Katakekaumene (Catacecaumene, Burnt Up) country [of Lydia or Mysia], as it is called, which has a length of five hundred stadia and a breadth of four hundred, whether it should be called Mysia or Meïonia (for both names are used); the whole of it is without trees except the vine that produces the Katakekaumenite wine, which in quality is inferior to none of the notable wines. The surface of the plain is covered with ashes, and the mountainous and rocky country is black, as though from conflagration. Now some conjecture that this resulted from thunderbolts and from fiery subterranean outbursts, and they do not hesitate to lay there the scene of the mythical story of Typhon . . . but it is not reasonable to suppose that all that country was burnt all at once by reason of such disturbances, but rather by reason of an earth-born fire, the sources of which have now been exhausted. Three pits are to be seen there, which are called ‘bellows’, and they are forty stadia distant from each other. Above them lie rugged hills, which are reasonably supposed to have been heaped up by the hot masses blown forth from the earth. That such soil should be well adapted to the vine one might assume from the land of Katana (Catana), which was heaped with ashes and now produces excellent wine in great plenty."
Both quotes from:
http://www.theoi.com/Gigante/Typhoeus.html

Seasmith,
By astronomy, i assume you infer the whole gamut of possible celestial disruptive impulses.
Yes.

Typhoeus as a volcano is a possibility but if I recall correctly, he changes location during the battle. Also, IIRC, Nonnos gives the location where he appears (from a cave) and doesn't seem to suggest a volcano.
The sinews/tendons of Zeus? Don't really know even though I've given it much thought over the years. Best I can come up with is that, given Zeus is the Sun, then it is something to do with strength or mobility. This story is firmly placed at the LBA collapse so an immobile Sun may tie-in with the story from Joshua which I think is LBA - EIA (?). Kadmos' role in retrieving the sinews is equally problematic. My only suggestions there would be that Nonnos makes a big thing of order/chaos and harmony/disharmony (cacophany) so using the tendons for lyre strings may be something to do with a return to order/harmony.
The story is not a Greek original - definitely comes from the eastern Med somewhere. The story starts in Tyre(?) and moves west to Boeotia and the founding of Thebes.
That noteaccess article is piss-poor.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:06 pm

quoted by s:
Data analysis and modelling suggest that varying uplift rates along subduction margins
These paleoshorelines are again a misinterpretation, based on conventional geological models. Paleoshorelines indicate electrical machining, and their timelines of periodic uplift are just assumptions and guesses, IMO.
The "10,000 years" time frame caught my eye. I once kicked aroud the Greek isles for a while and was just thunderstruck by all the relatively Recent upset and chaos the was readily apparent, even to a neophyte like myself.
And with Google Earth, the area that Myra sits in would seem to have been plasma excavated, explaining where all the sediment came from. The theatre at Larrisa, once also buried deep, now shows some areas that can not in my view be considered due to weathering.
http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-p ... d587770371
At lower left is what I would say was a contact point of a discharge. But, seeing as I consider the whole of the Mediterranean to be a plasma excavation, of an unknown date, such events are relatively minor. :shock:

@webolife
Piezoelectric effects are a fascinating study. However generally sedimentary rock, and particularly limestone, is not susceptible to piezolectricity, whereas some igneous/granitic types do exhibit this phenomenon.
Yes, generally true, but the limestone still has dielectric properties, and
High-frequency electromagnetic waves travel in the ground in analogous manner to seismic waves.
Radio frequency dielectric properties of limestone and sandstone from Ewekoro, Eastern Dahomey Basin

If the events occurring at Myra were electrical/plasma in nature, them RF and even microwave frequencies would be present, its only natural. The Greek accounts certainly seem to speak of electric/plasma phenomena.
Myra was buried under 18 feet of mud/sediment, my interpretation here is that the fine dust was removed from surfaces in the area and fell back blanketing the city. Volcano-like venting would not be surprising, but the driving force is from above, not below, tremendous vertical ground currents, stuff being sucked out.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Gary,
The region Myra lives in was probably one of the most literate regions in the world at the time those tombs and theatre were in use. Surely someone would have thought to jot down a word or two about some rum goings on or something. It would also have played merry-hell with the international trade network.

The period I am talking about, the LBA/Typhoeus etc was several centuries earlier. The event(s) did cause major disruptions which were recorded by various cultures. Several cultures, world-wide, went down. Peoples were on the move and on the warpath. There was none of this in the Classical and Hellenistic Ages or early Roman for that matter.

Is the rock at Larissa the same type as that at Myra perchance?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:45 am

More on Myra.
From the wiki article:
The semi-circular theater was destroyed in an earthquake in 141, but rebuilt afterwards.
The best known tomb in the river necropolis (located 1.5 km up the Demre Cayi from the theater) is the "Lion's tomb,"also called the "Painted Tomb." When the traveller Charles Fellows saw the tombs in 1840 he found them still colorfully painted red, yellow and blue.
(Most Greek architecture and sculpture was painted).
So the theatre was rebuilt in the Roman era and the tombs still had paint on them in the C19th. So where does that leave the 'burning/melting' theory?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.