Solar wind and storms

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Re: Super Solar Storm 2012

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 am

JL:
I'm waiting for the crop circle prophecy to come true on July 7th.
* What was the prophecy?
GC:
How recent was the news prog? [i.e. the Fox News program warning of a coming solar superstorm in 2012]
* I thought the video displayed March 2009.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 am

* By the way, I don't know why our moderators had to move this from the Electric Universe board to this one. This topic is about events on the sun; other solar topics are on that board.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks Lloyd, I did look for the date on the vid but must have missed it.

JL is talking about this post here:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =10&t=2033
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:54 pm

* Now I found other videos on this topic. The earliest one seems to be from Discovery in Jan. 08, or at least that's when it was uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRI34cV- ... L&index=35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01EdXTjz ... xt_from=PL
* This video says the 1989 blackout in Canada was caused by a solar storm and that safety measures can be taken to prevent blackouts in the future. I think it says power stations are grounded to the Earth, so, when excess charge comes to Earth via solar storms, the ground charge can cause the system to lose regulation, which can produce surges that short out a whole network.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXtwAZFfUQ

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:12 pm

* I think this is a better article about the crop circles and July 7 prediction.
http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/ ... dden=false

Faraday Cage

Unread post by Faraday Cage » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:23 am

Lloyd wrote:* Has this topic been discussed anywhere on this forum?
* The video, Super Solar Storm 2012, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TzIUlaQok says a solar superstorm is expected to occur about 2012, that would knock out much or all of the world's electrical infrastructure, electronics, satellites etc. A similar event in 1859 was said to have harmed telegraph technology as well as starting brush fires.
* Here's all I've found on the forum previously discussed.
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... torm#p1635
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... torm#p4825
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... orm#p17535
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... orm#p18183
Heh amusing how they only talk about the United States because there's no other countries on Earth :roll: and I don't think there would be much you could do to prepare for something like that. If we're talking Biblical Proportions here, as the piece seems to suggest, wouldn't it mean Aurora excitation even to the point of arc mode causing global weather anomalies like mega Tornados and Hurricanes/Cyclones? I wonder if it would tie in with the Mayan calendar. Maybe the Mayans calculated the time between the last mega solar storm (creation myths) and the next. These guys don't think so - http://www.mayan-calendar-code.com/

Here's the beauty spot - http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/rea ... mages.html

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 am

This must also tie in with the "diminishing magnetic field of the Earth" that is also being reported. I surmised that- if the current to the Sun was changing- so therefore was the current to the secondary solar bodies including Earth. Being that the Earth's magnetic field is electromagnetic (vs the mainstream opinion), a change in the current should therefore result in a change in the electromagnetic field also. Am I correct?

So- will we be seeing huge solar storms in addition to less protection from the 'diminishing' magnetic field? Or will it be considered 'because of'?

One other question I have- is it possible that any solar storms that we might see (based upon observational data of the Sun) might be strong enough to re-create (at least to some small scale) any of the great plasma events in the skies of Antiquity?

Barring the potential effects of strong synchrotron radiation cooking life on Earth- that would be awesome to see!

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

SpaceTravellor

Re: direction of solar current in relation to planetary orbits

Unread post by SpaceTravellor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 am

In my opinion, we also have to take our Milky Way galaxy in consideration in order to decide the overall electrical flow in our Solar System.

I’m convinced that the movement in our galaxy is going outwards from the centre i.e. there is no black hole in the centre. (New stars are still born in the centre)(An the Mythological stories also says so)

That is: There must be a lot of energy going outwards from within the galaxy which affects the galactic surroundings and our Solar System. This outgoing force of both electric and plasmatic energy must be a PUSHING FORCE on the Solar System and this force and its electrical effect must be variable as a planetary "shading effect" of the Sun and all other planets via their interaction.

- This pushing galactic force must therefore also have an effect on the planetary orbits and maybe also on the rotational axis. The Earth's perihelion occurs around January 3, and the aphelion around July 4 and the interactive push from both the Sun and our Galaxy must be the 2 main reasons for the planetary elliptical movement.

When the Earth is closest to the Sun January 3, the Earth is “facing” the Galaxy center and the Earth is being pushed towards the Sun. At July 4 the Earth is pushed by both the Sun and the Galaxy and will therefore take a longer ride around the sun, causing the summer period some 7 days longer than the vinter period.

Mythologically, the Earth Solar orbit accordingly to the Milky Way center direction was/is called by increasing and decreasing periods regarding the light from our Milky Way´s “First Light” from the Primeordial Mound.

The interactive effects of the Sun and the Milky Way galaxy can also explain the spacecraft anomalies: When reaching the outer Solar pushing force limits, the spacecrafts are braked up because of the decreasing Solar force and the increasing Galactic force which - of course - creates a braking effect “in the direction of the Sun” as it is mentioned.

- If we have both a pushing force from the Sun and the Galaxy center, the orthodox “laws of gravity” certainly must be revaluated and if this hypothesis is right, almost everything else in the modern cosmology must go back on the drawing board.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:03 pm

We live in a systems universe. It is a system that has different levels of systems action. However all systems relate in significant ways via the action of Coherent and Collective Behaviour because it is a EU and a Tensegrity by that very notion. The relation of spin domains begins at the level of aether and together with angular momentum, proceeds from there to matter. The Spin Domains of the Earth reference to all other reference points is something to comtemplate for everyone. The Great Attractor will ultimately be harmonicly linked to our own Milky Way Galaxy and it is via this relationship of Spin Domains, that I came to understand the EU from Aether to the Great Attractor. The Left Hand Rule is merely the Mechanical Law of Gyroscopres. Maxwell was clear that the field has a mechanical action, a very real mechanical action, that action is the gyroscope, represent as the LHR in electricity. Lovely discussion.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 am

I think the common expression is the right-hand rule. If your right thumb points in the direction of the current, then your fingers curl around in the direction of the field when the conductor (plasma filamentary current) is grasped. The implication here is that the galactic current flow is from galactic south to galactic north, and that, viewed from above or north of the galaxy, it appears to be rotating counter-clockwise, similar to winds about a low pressure area on a weather map. The solar system should be analogous.
My question is, is there a preferential direction for a parallel pair of plasma filaments to wrap up as they are drawn together and then stabilized, as the pinch sets in? If so, that might govern the preferred (electromagnetic) field direction right from the get go. If we observe galaxies with rotation in a direction different from ours, we might observe that their major Birkeland currents are "going the other way". More broadly, observing the direction of rotation of a galaxy may give the direction of flow in its local current.
I am not sure which affects our solar system more: our galactic-arm current or the S-N major galactic current. Since we (solar system) are oriented locally more or less in the plane of the ecliptic, we could surmise that the galactic S-N current controls, but it is hard to extrapolate from one data point. Does anyone know how other solar systems' planetary rotations are oriented? Based on their being identified by occultation effects, those planetary orbits would be more or less somewhat "edge on" to us the observers, but if they occur at any elevation above or below the ecliptic, then planets' orbits are not necessarily all rotating together in the plane of the galactic ecliptic. Also, how does the direction of rotation of the extra-solar planets compare with our own solar system: same, counter, or a mix of these?

james weninger

Unread post by james weninger » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 am

jjohnson, the star Vega is spinning on an axis directed towards us. Earth's own axis is precessing towards Vega. The sun is traveling in the direction of Vega. So here we have an example of local objects traveling together and tending to spin on that axis. The problem is that that direction of travel should not line up with any magnetic field lines, but spiral around those lines. That is, even if the main current was perpendicular to the galactic plane, we would still not expect star systems to revolve in the galactic plane. Star systems would precess about the galactic axis over time. Does that sound right?

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Jjohnson, I was speaking Left Handed Rule, because I was indicating electron flow, not current flow.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

sercet

Unread post by sercet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:48 pm

August 19 2009

A remarkable increase in solar flares was registered this day by NASA and the question rose whether the process to a Solar Maximum in 2012 has already started. Most estimations however see this start in 2010 and reach its maximum towards the middle of 2012. After an exceptionally quiet period, there have been several recent flares and/or CMEs and the predicted increase in solar wind speed that correlates with the solar orbit.

Recently the SOHO MDI images have come back online after an almost month-long hiatus, and we are still seeing the ever persistent #1024 sunspot region! Solar observers haven’t seen an active region like region 1024 in more than two years. It is big, complex, and rapidly growing.

The activity was really hefty. And this happened in a time period that the experts said would be a Maunder minimum (low solar activity). When you follow the solar activity, it is clear that this behavior does not fit that bill! The near future will have to show us whether this was an exceptional event or that a trend has started announcing the build up to the 2012 extreme events.

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Secret, where are you getting that information??? I check out solar activity indicators every day. Three official sunspot monitoring organizations, Catania, SIDC and NOAA show August with 0 sunspots. Overall, until yesterday, it was a stretch of 51 spotless days. There is an armada of Earth based telescopes and instruments besides SOHO monitoring the Sun. Sunspot 1024 faded out before the middle of July. The newest "speck" 1025 barely lasted 24 hours. F10 flux is still flatlined, x-ray activity has been very weak, sunspots (the few there have been) magnetic field strengths continue to weaken, the solar plasma stream remains well below average in both speed and density. NASA's latest prediction is for cycle 24 to have a maximum sunspot number of 90, well below average. My personal prediction is that it will be around 45 - 50. All indicators point to some level of Grand MInima, at least equivalent to Dalton but likely closer to Maunder.
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

MosaicDave

News! - Solar Wind Hits Earth like Fire Hose

Unread post by MosaicDave » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 am

Sorry if anybody has already posted this on these forums, but I just noticed this:

http://www.scientificcomputing.com/news ... 92109.aspx

See? They've always told you it was so...

--dc