Earth - electric oceans

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

allynh

Re: Double layers . . . in water

Unread post by allynh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 pm

OMG, the video is massively important. I sat in total shock watching the video saying, "This is plasma. This is aether."

It allows for modeling plasma behavior in a visible way. Using water and the micro beads that Pollack mentions, it should be possible to duplicate, at the particle level, the classic Birkeland terrella, and the Langmuir sheathe effect, and have it be visible to video. Also, it gives a way to model the aether and explain the results found in Dayton Miller's Ether-Drift Experiments.

Here is his website.

Pollack Laboratory
http://faculty.washington.edu/ghp/

There are links to a huge number of published papers, and there are books available from Amazon. This is gold. Thanks to ETSubmariner.

kiwi, there is a thread down in NiAMi called Recovered: Plasma cavitation? Feel free to post your whacky ideas on the subject. I've added a comment about a link you posted in the Comet Elenin thread to pop it to the top. I hope to add a post discussing the video and Pollack's work once I get over the shock and can put some coherent posts together. Thanks...

ETSubmariner

Unread post by ETSubmariner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am

I might also suggest connecting with that goodly Professor. "Hey, Professor, love the work with water. Here's what that looks like in space." :geek: I bet he felt pretty lonely at the beginning too.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I've just harvested all of the pdf files that are on the Pollack site, forty so far, and this one caught my eye.

REVITALIZING SCIENCE IN A RISK-AVERSE CULTURE: REFLECTIONS ON THE SYNDROME AND PRESCRIPTIONS FOR ITS CURE
http://faculty.washington.edu/ghp/image ... cience.pdf
Abstract - This paper considers problems with the scientific culture and granting systems, the most important of which is an aversion to risk. Grant awards tend to be "safe" rather than bold. This discourages the fresh approaches that may bring important breakthroughs. The paper then suggests remedies that could restore the scientific enterprise to one that is friendlier to fresh thinking.

Key words: Grants, reviewer conservatism, risk taking, scientific culture, remedies

PREFACE

The thoughts contained herein arise in part from my experience as a frequent dissenter from prevailing orthodoxy, and in part from my experiences attending workshops convened to address problems with granting systems. Inevitably, such experiences generate ideas. In this case, they have brought modest insights into how granting systems might better serve transformative approaches that challenge the status quo. At present, such approaches have little chance of success. Yet they are the very ones that could bring spectacular advances.

Here, I outline the problems as I see them with today’s system of doing science, and their etiology. I also suggest remedies that could enhance scientists’ natural proclivity to seek the truth. Some of these thoughts have been passed on to the funding agencies in the context of campaigns designed to make the peer-review system more responsive to highly innovative, "out of the box" approaches. Others are new.
If you do nothing else, you need to read this paper. I was on the other side of this equation during my time at the NMDOT. I paid out the grants to the professors who then produced nothing for that money, and my bosses wanted it that way. The discussion starting on page three hits too close to home.
In short, the culture has deflected scientists from their singularly noble goal of pursuing truth. Just keep it safe, and get your funding. We have evolved into a culture of obedient sycophants, bowing politely to the high priests of orthodoxy.

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Thank you ETSubmariner for posting that amazing video.

Yep, the whole time I was watching that lecture I was thinking "that's just like plasma", which doesn't surprise me because I've considered water to be a quasi-plasma for quite a while now.
ETSubmariner wrote:
I might also suggest connecting with that goodly Professor. "Hey, Professor, love the work with water. Here's what that looks like in space.
A couple of days ago I started a friendly dialogue with Dr. Pollack on that very subject, and among other things, he invited me to visit their lab in Seattle. I think we have a pretty good rapport thus far, so If anyone else is thinking of contacting him, we might want to be careful that he doesn't feel "spammed". I don't want to breach the trust of a private dialogue, but I will say that he did appreciate being informed of the plasma crystal experiments on-board the ISS and acknowledged the similarities, of which he seems to be genuinely intrigued. With my interest in organic gardening, we're also discussing experiments on plant growth. Apparently water containing high energy electrons has produced an approximate 1/3 increase in plant height, but don't quote me on that because that independent experiment was more informal than "official".

cheers
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

ETSubmariner

Unread post by ETSubmariner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:49 pm

That's great! Keep us apprised of any developments. Also, I am a Librarian in Seattle, so if the mention comes up of fans/interested others in Seattle, here I am!

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 am

I'm another that's very interested in Professor Pollack's discoveries. And I live in Seattle, in the Ballard neighborhood. Webolife is another denizen of our great city. So I propose that we get together at a convenient coffee shop to discuss EU/PC matters and to expand & strengthen our fellowship. I know I've got the most to learn, so I'll pick up the tab, if that's okay.

Respectfully requested,
Dotini

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 pm

* Solrey, do you plan to make one of those Pollack water purifiers for your gardening? I like organic gardening too. I want to experiment with the purifier soon to see if it works well without a hydrophobic tube, but just ordinary plumbing. I plan to look for a tube with an outside diameter about 1/8th inch smaller than the inside diameter of another tube, which will leave a 1/16th inch gap. It would be better if the gap were a bit smaller, but 1/16th inch should do a pretty good job. I think I'll taper the inner tube like this ∑ (assuming flow is from left to right) so more of the interior dirty water will be separated.
* I started a "Technology" thread about the purifier at: http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... =10&t=4253.
* The "Plasma Cavitation" thread is at: http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... f=10&t=206.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Lloyd,... just add a dilution of H2o2 to your water .... your plants will become trifids ,... huge,... its only oxygen , for personal consumption 35% food-grade at 11-1 ratio :D

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 pm

* Kiwi, thanks, but I mostly want to see if it's possible to purify water, such as salt water. If so, ocean water will be able to be moved inland to irrigate crops etc everywhere, including in deserts.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:59 pm

a worthy goal Lloyd , ..... if you crack it and combine the water with the substance "500" as per the Steiner program,... we could all be living in tree-houses inside 2 years :D

ETSubmariner

Unread post by ETSubmariner » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Dotini wrote:I'm another that's very interested in Professor Pollack's discoveries. And I live in Seattle, in the Ballard neighborhood. Webolife is another denizen of our great city. So I propose that we get together at a convenient coffee shop to discuss EU/PC matters and to expand & strengthen our fellowship. I know I've got the most to learn, so I'll pick up the tab, if that's okay.

Respectfully requested,
Dotini
Hello!

I live near-ish downtown. I am 100% pedestrian, however, meaning I do not own a car. My own life is a triangle encompassing work, social and home all within nine blocks on each side, so wherever a possible group might occur, I hope it's close at hand! :lol:

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 am

Along the lines of of double layers - and life - in water, are these related links.
http://iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/9/8/263/fulltext From Plasma Toward Inorganic Life

http://www.plasma-universe.com/index.php/Double_layer
# Bio-physical analogy: A model of plasma double layers has been used to investigate their applicability to understanding ion transport across biological cell membranes.[46] Brazilian researchers have note that "Concepts like charge neutrality, Debye length, and double layer are very useful to explain the electrical properties of a cellular membrane.".[47] Plasma physicist Hannes Alfvén also noted that association of double layers with cellular structure,[48] as had Irving Langmuir before him, who coined the named "plasma" after its resemblance to blood cells.[49]
---These citations need to be accessed. I can't do it.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Plasma-Life-F ... &id=783224
In 2003 physicists; Erzilia Lozneanu and Mircea Sanduloviciu of Cuza University, Romania, described in their research paper Minimal Cell System created in Laboratory by Self-Organization (published in Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, volume 18, page 335), how they created plasma spheres in the laboratory that can grow, replicate and communicate - fulfilling most of the traditional requirements for biological cells. They are convinced that these plasma spheres offer a radically new explanation of how life began and proposed that they were precursors to biological evolution.
--This paper needs to be accessed. I can't do it.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 am

Good find, Dotini. Here's a link to the full PDF: Minimal Cell System created in Laboratory by Self-Organization
In this paper, we would like to inform on the possibility to create in laboratory a gaseous complex space charge configuration (CSCC) by self-organization that could be the simplest possible system able to reveal behaviors usually attributed to a biological cell. In spite of its gaseous nature, such a CSCC satisfies, to a large extent, the criteria usually required for recognizing it as a potential precursor of a living being. Thus, similar to biological cells, the boundary of a self-assembled gaseous cell provides a selective enclosure of an environment that qualitatively differs from the surrounding medium. The boundary appears as a spherical self-consistent electrical double layer (DL) able to sustain and control operations such as: (i) capture and transformation of energy, (ii) preferential and rhythmic exchange of matter across the system boundary and (iii) internal transformation of matter by means of a continuous ‘‘synthesis’’ of all components of the system. After its emergence, the CSCC is able to replicate, by division, and to emit and receive information. Such a CSCC spontaneously emerges when an electrical spark creates a well localized nonequilibrium plasma at the surface of a positively biased electrode immersed into a gaseous medium which contains free electrons and atoms in ground, excited and ionized states (low temperature plasma).
Speaking of the similarities between plasma, water and living organisms, I find it interesting that Dr. Pollack is a professor of bio-engineering. I'll send him a link to that paper, I'm sure he can relate.
Here's a link to an audio interview of Dr. Pollack conducted by Dr. Joe Mercola: Interview with Dr. Gerald Pollack

There seem to be health benefits to ingesting structured water. We've been discussing possible benefits to plant health as well so to that effect Dr. Pollack put me in touch with a colleague so we can coordinate on some plant growth experiments.

Dr. Pollack seems to be a genuine kindred spirit. Very congenial fellow. I'm very much looking forward to visiting their lab and meeting the good Dr.

Kinda jealous right now of the folks who live in Seattle. ;)

cheers
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

solrey wrote: Kinda jealous right now of the folks who live in Seattle. ;)
cheers
You're the guy with the smarts who contacted the Doctor!
When and if you are able to visit, I would be delighted to help defray your costs associated with the trip.

Respectfully yours,
Dotini

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:08 pm

solrey, if you listen to the interview, Pollack mentions that he started out as an Electrical Engineer. He also talks about that the dipole structure of water is neutral, that only the crystal water has charge. He touches on water vapor and clouds that echo what the EU guys mention. Everything he talked about echoed plasma and aether. The implications of what he's finding is profound. I wish I had a transcript of the show.

It looks like he is going to have a series of new books come out this year, so keep an eye out for more stuff; and definitely bookmark this thread.