Earth - electric oceans

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

seasmith

Re: Are Changes In Earth's Main Magnetic Field Induced By Oceans

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:50 am

~
nickc Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 pm
....we know that magnetic fields do not stand alone, they are created by electric currents.
Or aetheric currents, in the case of permanent magnets.
;)
~

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 pm

hi seasmith,
do you propose that the Earth is a permanent magnet?

nick c

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Nick,

I don't know.
I think 'permanent' magnetism is basically strong residual magnetism and a consequence of a receptive atomic/crystalline structure. Eventually the structure naturally becomes more anisotropic and chaotic, as rock eventually becomes dust, and the harmonic receptivity begins to fade.
IF, the earth has a substantial iron alloy inner section, then perhaps some residual effect is fading.
Perhaps it will someday incur another strong biasing effect.

As to the "oceans effect", it's an intriguing idea and ~for other planets, the fluid involved would not necessarily have to be saltwater.

s

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:51 am

Ok, the Earth has a relatively strong dipolar magnetic field (or at least it used to), and other planets show 'negligible' magnetic fields, correct?
I have also heard that Mars has "many magnetic poles" vs just two- that was a long time ago, I have no idea where I heard it, and I can't quote it from anywhere BUT it made me think of something...

We know that the Sun is bipolar, so is the Earth, and most of the large planets. Some smaller bodies (Mars, Venus, moons) are not bipolar.

Might this be caused by how the current flows through the body of the object in question, rather than it's composition? If the body routed current through it'self via say a half-dozen major pathways, would that cause the body to not display the homopolar motor configuration, but rather what we see with Mars wherein its magnetic fields appear spotty across its surface? Is there another model (other than the homopolar motor model) that could explain planetary magnetic field observations, just as it does galactic observations (i.e. globular cluster galaxy vs barred spiral galaxy)?

Or more simply- has anyone looked at electrical conduction as an explanation of the observations rather than material composition, to explain the magnetic phenomena?

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Or more simply- has anyone looked at electrical conduction as an explanation of the observations rather than material composition, to explain the magnetic phenomena?
M,

I don't believe the two can be separated.

s
~

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 pm

For instance- you can run current through aluminum and create an electromagnetic field, same with copper... but they'll never pick up a residual magnetic field, right?
Or can it under certain circumstances? I thought you'd have to dope it with ferrous metal or create an alloy?

Go easy on me- I've been out of school a loooooong time! ;)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

MosaicDave

Marine Light Wheels

Unread post by MosaicDave » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, I've never seen marine light wheels discussed anywhere on these forums, or on any other of the EU-related web sites either, for that matter. But, the possible relationships with twisting filamentary ion currents from space, and the like, are tantalizing to say the least. I wonder, for example, if the wheels tend to have about 56 or 28 spokes, as Anthony Perratt sees in his plasma simulations...

Astounding New Marine Lightwheel Sighting by US Navy Ship in the Arabian Gulf

All for now--

--dave

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Marine Light Wheels

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am

Forum thread:
[url2=viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1778&sid=3ebb5c61d0 ... d7a5e31afd]Astounding Marine Light Wheel[/url2]

TalonThorn

Tsunami electric signal

Unread post by TalonThorn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:01 am

Thought this might be interesting to the group. I had network problems the other day and somehow happened to find this article on the NOAA site while trying to check the weather forcast.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories201 ... unami.html

Tsunamis send electric signals through the ocean that appear to be sensed by the vast network of communication cables on the seabed, according to a new study led by Manoj Nair of the University of Colorado and NOAA.

Nair and his colleagues used computer models to estimate the size of an electric field created by the force of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami as it traveled over major submarine cables. Salty seawater, a good conductor of electricity, generates an electric field as it moves through Earth’s geomagnetic field.

“We estimate that the 2004 tsunami induced voltages of about 500 millivolts (mV) in the cables. This is very small compared to a 9-volt battery, but still large enough to be distinguished from background noise on a magnetically quiet day,” Nair said. “By monitoring voltages across this network of ocean cables, we may be able to enhance the current tsunami warning system.”

(article continues at link http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories201 ... unami.html )

jjohnson

Re: Tsunami electric signal

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Very cool. a half volt is 1/18 of a 9V battery, or about 5%, so that seems detectable enough. One wonders if cables near a subduction area where tsunamis might be generated could pick up any electrical consequences of crustal rock slipping or compressing suddenly, giving an initial warning more quickly than do seismometers a long way off.

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Question; are earthquakes electrically induced? Or does the enormous tension in the ground produce electric charges?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:03 pm

I was just wondering about that. Could a charge release from the deep passing through the fault area cause repulsion between the plates at either side, reducing friction and allowing what lateral mechanical stresses might be present to be released easier and perhaps faster? Quake lights are seen for up to a few hours before an event, so is that a piezo-electric build up from stress in the rocks, or an electrical build up from charge migration of a dielectric breakdown somewhere below?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

signal wave / carrier wave

Given the concurrence of tectonic activity with cyclic alignment of solar system components, as per Ray Tomes and others, and the negligible purely gravitic component in calculations involving those distances; it would seem more likely that both the quaking and the solar system alignments are signature of the subsuming 'field' patterns.

Like cymatics
within a sphere ?

~

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 am

I can't explain the physics of it, but something in my subconscious strongly suspects that 'fault lines' in the Earth as well as 'volcanic zones', and even 'tornado alleys' are simply different expressions of telluric-to-atmospheric current paths.

- If one considered how a dielectric might respond to a sudden increase in current (or even a slow build-up to an explosive release- like a DL blowing up), that might explain the phenomenon that we call an 'earthquake'.

- If one considers the definition of a 'dielectric':

(ARTICLE from the Encyclopædia Britannica)
physics

insulating material or a very poor conductor of electric current. When dielectrics are placed in an electric field, practically no current flows in them because, unlike metals, they have no loosely bound, or free, electrons that may drift through the material. Instead, electric polarization occurs. The positive charges within the dielectric are displaced minutely in the direction of the electric field, and the negative charges are displaced minutely in the direction opposite to the electric field. This slight separation of charge, or polarization, reduces the electric field within the dielectric.

The presence of dielectric material affects other electrical phenomena. The force between two electric charges in a dielectric medium is less than it would be in a vacuum, while the quantity of energy stored in an electric field per unit volume of a dielectric medium is greater. The capacitance of a capacitor filled with a dielectric is greater than it would be in a vacuum. The effects of the dielectric on electrical phenomena are described on a large, or macroscopic scale by employing such concepts as dielectric constant, permittivity, and polarization (see electric polarization).
I would also expect to see very large jumps in subterranean heat in the fault zone as the current dissipated some of the power as thermokinetic energy to propogate through the dielectric (rock/water table/etc).

- This might also explain vulcanism. More current in a 'fault line' might actually melt the dielectric (soil, rock, etc) resulting in the 'magma' we see in volcanic areas. There are always tremors and whatnot in conjunction with vulcanism, isn't there?

(On a side note- I was thinking back to Wal Thornhill's musings on 'electric gravity', I wonder if we wouldn't see a sudden dip in G above a strong earthquake? Might explain some of the collateral damage of those things, especially with regards to buildings.
If the macroscopic polarization of molecules in a dielectric swing in response to an electric field, would that cause any variance in the polarization of the subnuclear/subelectronic particles hypothetically suspected to be responsible for gravity? Thermokinetic energy (or in this case lack therof), induced polarization (via centrifugal force) in a magnetic field was supposedly responsible for the shielding effect against gravity above a super-conducting disk in a lab experiment.)

Do you suppose...? :?

- Likewise, the oddities associated with tornadic/cyclonic activity and electricity are pretty much irrefutable nowadays, I think. Not only the whole dynamics of the charged sheath vortex, but the scavenged debris (from well outside the funnel cloud base), the icy hail (regardless of the atmospheric temperature), and oddly enough- the tornado's ability to lift things with more than just 'air pressure' (the guy who got lifted off the ground by the tornado, but was able to keep his grip on a fencepost(!?) to keep from being blown away), and many other characteristics all point to the electrical nature of tornados.

- Hurricanes, from what I've gathered, do not show any exempliary electrical effects (other than the base cyclonic nature of them, which most attribute simply to planetary rotation and hydrodynamic effects), but I wonder...
Most hurricanes form in particular 'bands' around the planet. Check out the picture from that recent TPOD:

Dual bands of ultraviolet light mark streams of plasma circling Earth's equator.
Credit: NASA IMAGE Satellite/University of California Berkeley.

I wonder if tornado alleys also form under these 'bands' (which I think are a [url2=http://www.plasma-universe.com/Diocotron_instability]diocotron instability[/url2] like the storm bands of the gas giant planets?

Saturn:

"Storm Alley" in Saturn's southern latitudes. Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute.

Of course, it's one thing to sit around and surmise all this stuff... but I haven't a shred of evidence to back any of it up! :oops:
Mike H.

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:59 pm

MrAmsterdam wrote:Question; are earthquakes electrically induced? Or does the enormous tension in the ground produce electric charges?
They are not really electrically induced, they are stressed formations giving way. However they are always accompanied by electrical fluctuations. ELF and ULF (Extra Low Frequency and Ultra Low Frequency) waves are associated with Earthquakes. When around 2 Hz signals are detected it is a strong indication that an Earthquake is about to happen.
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog