Electric Weather

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tolenio

Re: Plasma/flux weather generation

Unread post by tolenio » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Hello,

Try this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjjlVCW-u_g

I made a primative video of my thoughts.

Later,
Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

markspann

Unread post by markspann » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

Hello Tom,

I could not agree more with your plasma flux/weather fronts theory, Tom. Your assumptions and your theories are clear and concise, and testable. BRAVO - you are conducting true science Tom, very much in the way Thornhill has been doing with planetary and comet-model predictions. And you are even willing to accept the failure of your hypothesis if contra-indicating results occur based on your predictions of the effects on earth's weather. I saw your Youtube presentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHM54Prxc_8 where you made weather predictions for the second half of February 2009 based on your hypothesis of the upcoming solar plasma storm generating warm/high pressure fronts on earth. This shows you have tremendous confidence in your model, and that your interest is in determining the truth of the correlation (or lack thereof) as opposed to dogmatically advancing a theory. It is obvious you have no fear of the possible failure of the model's predictions. I will be watching the weather in those areas you indicated on those dates ( Sydney, Australia Feb 15-16, West Coast USA Feb 25-26, and East Coast US Feb 28-March 1st) and let us all see if you are right or wrong.

Ever since I discovered the body of evidence that we now refer to as Plasma Cosmolgy and the Electric Universe (PC/EU), I concluded the very same thing - variations in the solar plasma drive earth's weather systems via various forms of plasma discharges (meso-cylones, tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning, St Elmo's fire, sprites, elves, etc are all just various forms of plasma discharges and/or are attributable to electrical exchanges between the sun's electric field and earth's "leaky capacitor". All of which must transpire at the points of electromagnetic flux at the earths surface. After reading Don Scott's Electric Sun about the 3rd time, and of course everything that Talbott and Thorhill have published, I came to the conclusion that all of earth's weather systems and long term climate changes were all either direct or derivative processes of the Sun-Earth elctromagnetic connection. That set the stage for my most recent reading of The Sun Kings. By the way, If you've not read Staurt Clarks "The Sun Kings", I urge you to do so. It is a marvelous telling of the tale of Richard Carrington, who first discovered the correlation between sunspots, CME's, and earths magnetic storms. He effectively proved your theory 150 years ago, that the Sunspots and earth's electromagnetic storms were correlated, and he went further to suggest all of earths weather was caused by the Sun-Earth electromagnetic connection, and they (the scientific Establishment) crusified him for it. It is a sad and tragic, but compelling story, and you can learn much from Carrington's attempts to open the eyes of his scientific peers. Just to whet your appetite for the book, here is a review from the Thunderbolts publisher Mikamar :

from http://www.mikamar.biz/thunderbolts-product.htm :

The Sun Kings -- The Unexpected Tragedy of Richard Carrington and the Tale of How Modern Astronomy Began
Author: Stuart Clark, Hard-Cover, 6"x0", 224 pages, ISBN: 978-0-691-12660-9
The Sun Kings by Stuart Clark, is a fast-paced story that begins by chronicling the powerful and disruptive solar flare that blasted earth in October of 2003. The story then fades back to the even more powerful electric storm that troubled the earth in 1859 and then transports us over to Victorian England, into the very heart of the great nineteenth-century scientific controversy about the Sun's hidden influence over our planet. This book, even though written by an astronomer who "knows" things about the sun that are invalid, not only complements The Electric Sky and The Electric Universe books with accounts about solar storms, but also gives a well documented account of how solar scientists have staggered their way to understanding the sun with a wrong-headed focus on magnetism, how little they can be influenced by the insights of advanced understanding, and how much the better theories have been derailed by political and peer pressure. Great material, another must read!
Mark Spann
EU2014 Conference room and ride share coordinator
(251) 648-0006
markspann@gmail.com
Skype ID = mark.spann1

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Tom
very impressed with the model . additional thoughts are as Wal Thornhill et al maintain ,volcanoesand earthquakes have a major EU component and are in essence thunderstorms beneath the ground. I was also interested to read that ancient tales of Tsunamis have claimed that some at least are attended by lightning all along the top of the wave . can we see a possible connection with the sun in these rarer but more dramatic events. Interested in thoughts on this, particularly Tsunamis which are a travelling event??

ancientd

carl_gustov

Unread post by carl_gustov » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Just ran into this article and immediately though of the Electric Universe. Here is a scientists who has discovered a %30 correspondence between low frequency electrical currents and tornado formation. Of course he has the thing backwards from an EU standpoint: the currents are formed by the clanging together of atoms in the storm. Could be the currents are a response to sun-plasma or well up independently from within the Earth if you have a more open mind though ;)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... -test.html

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:13 pm

carl_gustov wrote:Just ran into this article and immediately though of the Electric Universe. Here is a scientists who has discovered a %30 correspondence between low frequency electrical currents and tornado formation. Of course he has the thing backwards from an EU standpoint: the currents are formed by the clanging together of atoms in the storm. Could be the currents are a response to sun-plasma or well up independently from within the Earth if you have a more open mind though ;)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... -test.html
Where is the 30% correspondence between between electric currents and tornado formation coming from, in your comment. The only 30% reference I see in the article is this one:
Supercells are characterised by heavy wind, rain, and hail, along with a vortex of swirling air several kilometres wide. About 30% of these spinning storms spawn tornadoes as the vortex descends towards the ground. Schmitter and Leeman say that it is this swirling action that generates the electromagnetic radiation.
30% only refers to the percentage of supercells that spawn official "tornadoes." In a separate note, they say they think the swirling is what produces the EM radiation... I'd say currents generate the EM, and the right circumstances make for tornadoes. Per an inference (by me not him) from Bernard Vonnegut's paper on stabilization of a high voltage discharge by a vortex. I tend to think that's the best approach. Insufficient electric field between cloud and ground for lightning. But wind shear may spawn vortices that allow for a discharge over longer distances, but at a stepped down intensity and speed (glow discharge or below, rather than lightning's quicker "pinched" arc discharge).

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

In Slumber, Sun Reveals Effects on Earth's Climate!

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 pm

A rather interesting article just came out on the Discovery Channel site:

(Dormant Sun Spills Secrets in Its Sleep)
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/05/2 ... nimum.html

They might just be right; more so than they thought.
Haigh and her colleagues, who have been studying the sun in its relatively dormant state, have found an apparent connection between solar activity and regions of warming around Earth's midsection.

She is quick to point out that the phenomenon cannot account for the rise in global temperatures seen over the past 50 years. "The point is there is a significant effect of the sun on local climate, not global," said Haigh.
In an upcoming paper, Haigh's team provides evidence that when the sun is more active, Earth's jet streams weaken and shift toward the poles, taking with them storm tracks and weather systems that carry heat. The result is a subtle warming around Earth's mid-latitudes.
I will now quote from Kristian Birkeland's monograph Norwegian Aurora Polaris Expedition 1902-1903:

(Chapter VI. On Possible Electric Phenomena in Solar Systems and Nebulae)
http://www.plasma-universe.com/index.ph ... nd_Nebulae
Kristian Birkeland wrote:We will now pass on to experiments that in my opinion have brought about the most important discoveries in the long chain of experimental analogies to terrestrial and cosmic phenomena that I have produced. In the experiments represented in figs. 248 a-e, there are some small white patches on the globe, which are due to a kind of discharge that, under ordinary circumstances, is disruptive, and which radiates from points on the cathode. If the globe has a smooth surface and is not magnetised, the disruptive discharges come rapidly one after another, and are distributed more or less uniformly all over the globe (see a). On the other hand, if the globe is magnetised, even very slightly, the patches from which the disruptive discharges issue, arrange themselves then in two zones parallel with the magnetic equator of the globe; and the more powerfully the globe is magnetised, the nearer do they come to the equator (see b, c, d). With a constant magnetisation, the zones of patches will be found near the equator if the discharge-tension is low, but far from the equator if the tension is high.
Keeping in mind the semi-recent announcement of plasma bands discovered encircling the globe.

(First Global Connection Between Earth And Space Weather Found)
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... _link.html

One wonders when the measurements for the plasma bands were taken and whether, if observed over the course of the solar cycle, they might be found to migrate from equator to poles and back again? Likewise in any impulsive solar events...

To be clear, the comparison I'm making is between these two statements:
Kristian Birkeland wrote:With a constant magnetisation, the zones of patches will be found near the equator if the discharge-tension is low, but far from the equator if the tension is high.
The Discovery Channel article wrote:In an upcoming paper, Haigh's team provides evidence that when the sun is more active, Earth's jet streams weaken and shift toward the poles, taking with them storm tracks and weather systems that carry heat. The result is a subtle warming around Earth's mid-latitudes.
From an electrical vantage point, might not the statements bear some relation one to the other? Are the jet streams an electrical effect dependent upon the electrical environment in which the Earth finds itself and are they dependent on or sympathetic to the electrical state of the sun? That is to say, under the electrical model, might it make sense that if the sun's activity is determined by currents it receives from without, might not the Earth's migrating jetstreams be an electrical effect of A) currents feeding the sun also feeding the Earth to some degree or B) currents feeding the sun and the sun offloading some of the current to the Earth via the so-called "magnetic flux ropes" / "fluxtubes" and "magnetic portals" and "magnetic tornadoes in space"

Is the fact that the jet streams migrate poleward at the time of heightened solar activity analogous to Birkeland's experiments showing that on a sphere with relatively constant magnetization, the banded patterns migrate poleward when the electric discharges are of grater intensity (higher current / "discharge-tension"), with the assumption that the Earth's magnetic field is relatively "steady."

I can't be the only one who sees these things in the data? Can I? Feels like it sometimes. :geek:

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

Solar

Re: In Slumber, Sun Reveals Effects on Earth's Climate!

Unread post by Solar » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 pm

MGmirkin wrote: To be clear, the comparison I'm making is between these two statements:
Kristian Birkeland wrote:With a constant magnetisation, the zones of patches will be found near the equator if the discharge-tension is low, but far from the equator if the tension is high.
The Discovery Channel article wrote:In an upcoming paper, Haigh's team provides evidence that when the sun is more active, Earth's jet streams weaken and shift toward the poles, taking with them storm tracks and weather systems that carry heat. The result is a subtle warming around Earth's mid-latitudes.
From an electrical vantage point, might not the statements bear some relation one to the other?

Is the fact that the jet streams migrate poleward at the time of heightened solar activity analogous to Birkeland's experiments showing that on a sphere with relatively constant magnetization, the banded patterns migrate poleward when the electric discharges are of grater intensity (higher current / "discharge-tension"), with the assumption that the Earth's magnetic field is relatively "steady."

I can't be the only one who sees these things in the data? Can I? Feels like it sometimes. :geek:

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
I think this is a brilliant correlation you made and it thoroughly supports the conclusion. It also extends Birkeland's, apparently timeless work, into the modern era. As far as I can tell you're the only one to have caught that correlation. Bravo Michael!!
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I guess I'm just wondering to myself whether the jet streams are similar to the bands of discharges on the terella. Granted, the terella had no entrained "atmosphere," per se. Also don't know whether the plasma bands are synonymous with nor influence the jetstreams in any way. Just wondering if they're similar processes.

But I still think the relationship is quite interesting regardless...

Best,
~Michael

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Indeed it is. But I seem to recall discussing that there may have been some correlation with the inner Van Allen Radiation Belts??

Can't believe I found this photo of what appears to be a more recent 'terella' experiment:
Simulated Van Allen Belts

[EDIT 07-27-10: image added to post; above link is still good
135026main_image_feature_419_ys_full.jpg
Click to view larger image
[CAPTION: Simulated Van Allen Belts
In this 1966 photo, a plasma thruster at NASA's Lewis Research Center simulates Van Allen Belts, rings of radiation around the Earth. The Cleveland, Ohio, center is now John H. Glenn Research Center.
Image Credit: NASA
]

Link to full-sized image: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1350 ... s_full.jpg

arc-us]
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 am

Solar wrote:Can't believe I found this photo of what appears to be a more recent 'terella' experiment:
Simulated Van Allen Belts
Neither can I, it comes up with a server error... Document not found. ;)
SERVER ERROR
We are unable to serve requested page at this time, please try again later
Maybe it's just down temporarily? Must've seen you peeking over their shoulder and hit [Windows key]+[L]...

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Sat May 30, 2009 5:55 am

MGmirkin wrote:I guess I'm just wondering to myself whether the jet streams are similar to the bands of discharges on the terella. Granted, the terella had no entrained "atmosphere," per se. Also don't know whether the plasma bands are synonymous with nor influence the jetstreams in any way. Just wondering if they're similar processes.

Best,
~Michael
I believe there's a relationship.
I also believe that the cause of most of our weather is electrical in nature, Mars shows you dont even need much of an atmosphere to have planet wide weather events.
Birkland was eons ahead of his time.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat May 30, 2009 1:57 pm

by Tzunamii on Sat May 30, 2009 7:55 am

MGmirkin wrote:
I guess I'm just wondering to myself whether the jet streams are similar to the bands of discharges on the terella. Granted, the terella had no entrained "atmosphere," per se. Also don't know whether the plasma bands are synonymous with nor influence the jetstreams in any way. Just wondering if they're similar processes.

Best,
~Michael

I also believe that the cause of most of our weather is electrical in nature, Mars shows you dont even need much of an atmosphere to have planet wide weather events.

Michael, Tzunamii,

Are electro-magnetic effects made visible by a graviticly entrained atmosphere, or
is the atmosphere entrained by an aethero-magnetic field effect ?

:?

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=3&t=1870

[ thankyou Solar]

Planattella Aurorialis

Influx

Unread post by Influx » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 am

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images ... ng_lrg.jpg

Seems to me lightning likes the equator.
ScienceDaily (Jan. 29, 2002) — Lightning. It avoids the ocean, but likes Florida. It's likely to strike in the Himalayas and even more so in central Africa. And lightning almost never strikes the North or South Poles.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 072912.htm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... trikes.png

So? Current flows in to the planet from the poles and out of the equator? Creating weather along the way?
Today is the yesterday of tomorrow.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am

Well, that takes us WAY-YY back to the old "Of Lightning, Plasma Torus(es) and the Sun" thread from the old Forum 1.0... Don't know whether the thread got saved and imported to the new forum or not. I'm pretty sure I've got a cached Google copy @ home... Still occasionally working on getting the old archive back up and running. May take a while though...

Anyway... I'd suggest taking a look through the LIS / OTD lightning count data. Especially the monthly counts rather than the averaged quarterly or yearly counts. There are some interesting periodicities and motions of at least two bands of lightning strikes parallel to the equator.

http://thunder.msfc.nasa.gov/data/OTDsu ... index.html
http://thunder.msfc.nasa.gov/data/query ... tions.html

Probably relating to the plasma bands discovered encircling the globe... Though maybe not? Would be interesting to see an ongoing observation of the plasma bands and see whether they migrate seasonally like the lightning bands, or migrate poleward / equatorward with the solar cycle like the jet streams, or stay more-or-less stationary around the equator like a big ring current / toroid.

(First Global Connection Between Earth And Space Weather Found)
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... _link.html

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 pm

seasmith wrote:
by Tzunamii on Sat May 30, 2009 7:55 am

MGmirkin wrote:

Best,
~Michael

Michael, Tzunamii,

Are electro-magnetic effects made visible by a graviticly entrained atmosphere, or
is the atmosphere entrained by an aethero-magnetic field effect ?

:?

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=3&t=1870

[ thankyou Solar]

Planattella Aurorialis
As I've studied EU throughout the years, it eventually dawned on Me that most, if not all natural phenomena, whether it be astronomical, geological, or meteorological, probably biological, can more than likely be traced to, at Least in part , to an electromagnetic cause.
Isn't chemistry fundamentally electrical in nature, as it's dealing with the manipulation of charged particles (atoms/molecules)?
It doesn't make sense to exclude electromagnetism from Any natural phenomena, as we know that 99.999% of the universe is an electrical process in the works.

I'm not sure of the processes that determines what astronomical body gets to hold an atmosphere or not, but it would surprise me if electromagnetism didn't play a significant role in it.