Are Mountains the Result of a Duning Process?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

starbiter

Re: Are Mountains the Result of a Duning Process?

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:26 pm

There was a discussion on the "Electrical Formations in Caves" thread about quartz crystals and gold. My response is below.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 306#p53306

Hola Sparky: There was probably enough electrical energy for transmutation during Earth's encounter with Venus. But just the process of electrical excavation, like we see on comets today, could remove the surface of comet Venus to quite a depth. If there was gold in the material being removed it might become part of the tail/coma, in the form of minute dust. If the Earth passed through the tail/coma, the enhanced aurora/River of Fire would attract and repel the material based on the ionic nature of the elements, molecules, and compounds. Gold is usually found in quartz associated with granitic rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_reef_mining

[...]
Primary gold typically occurs in quartz veins. The extraction of gold ore from these hard quartz veins was historically referred to as quartz reef mining.
A Prussian engineer, Jacob Brache was the first to think that quartz reefs might have even more gold than alluvial fields.

me again,
Sounds like electrical sorting to me. Quartz [silicon dioxide] and gold on one side of a Birkeland Current/Bennett Pinch, feldspar/granite on the other side. This all seems very obvious in an Electrical Universe. Electricity makes crystal, in this case quartz. In other cases garnet. In other cases geodes full of crystal, covered in granite. Please see my last post on the dune thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2780&p=53259#p53259

If the Earth was excavated to a considerable depth, large amounts of gold would be removed as fine dust, if the process was similar to Electric Discharge Machining [EDM], no transmutation required. But that doesn't rule transmutation out. It's just more simple with an exchange of material between Venus [as a comet] and Earth. It's my position that Earth is coated to a great depth with dust that was removed from comet Venus. Please read, or in your case Sparky, re-read WiC.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Moby

Unread post by Moby » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Starbiter

May I congratulate you on a fascinating debate, and tutorial. Or vice-versa.
I just wanted to put the cat amongst the pigeons slightly, by mentioning the uniqueness of earth in that we still have water. Where the debate mentions all manner of factors from superstorms to superelectrical effects, what about the ability of water to dissolve things? Not just particles to aid deformation, but salts for example?

The potential changes in density of salinated versus desalinated (fresh meltwater from the poles) could be a main factor in rerouting oceanic currents. The trillions upon trillions of gallons of water involved must surely have an effect on the moment of inertia of a planet?

This might even accelarate a planet slightly as the density of the midrift increases slightly, causing an increase in volcanic activity in key tectonic zones above the tropics (say). The climate-induced volcanic activity would then fuel further climatic changes (perhaps a mini ice-age type cycle).

I can't think of a planet where this awful scenario would be tested.

Regards
Moby

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Hello Moby: Thanks for your interest. Are You familiar with Worlds in Collision? The general premise is that most, if not all volcanoes erupted during the events described. The oceans were heated with additional evaporation occurring. The air was choked with dust causing lower temperatures. This caused the glaciers and ice sheets to reach maximum size, lowering the oceans. Just a lowering of temperature wouldn't cause an ice age. Warm oceans are the key, according to Dr Velikovsky. If memory serves, it requires 5 pounds of red hot iron to evaporate one pound of water out of the ocean. Other flooding during this period could have caused tides to move poleward, adding to the ice.

Things have been calming down since. Things like changes in salinity could be a factor in volcanic activity i suppose, but i'm not qualified to comment. It does seem that even the amount of melting fresh water would have been much greater just after the WiC events. We seem to be living in a time of celestial peace at the present.

There are volcanoes erupting and earthquakes quaking today. 200 years ago we wouldn't know of these events if they were more than a few hundred miles away. Today we know of floods in China real time.

Hope this relates to your post, michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Moby

Unread post by Moby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Starbiter

Thanks a lot. Yes and yes. Fireball earth and snowball earth I think.
It was the bacteria thing that fascinated me, they are remarkable.

Have you seen the new thread on Solar Minimum affecting global temperatures 2010-2100.
What do you think?

Regards
Moby

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 am

Hello Moby: I'm not sure how the Earth's temperature is going to work out. I'm sure people will try to profit from whatever happens. Time will tell.

I'm not sure what your reference to bacteria is in regard to. Dr Velikovsky thought vermin in the form of house flies might have arrived on Earth from comet Venus. If fly larvae can make a trip through space, it should be no problem for bacteria. This was not an issue that Velikovsky thought was a make or break situation. Just a possibility.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am

Below is a description of a rock a friend produced by passing an electric arc through a sample of dirt. The dirt came from the side of a small stream. It contained pebbles, but few or no crystals.

[...]

Michael --- Here is a very good thin section description.
In general, the rock thin section has a texture similar to an igneous rock; it is phaneritic and inequigranular. The larger size crystals are felsic minerals and the smaller size crystals are mafic and mostly anhedral in shape. The contacts are very irregular, including the plagioclases that normally exhibit euhedral or subhedral shape. The mineral composition is made up of plagioclase, orthoclase, quartz, hornblende, muscovite, and opaques. The felsic minerals (plagioclase and orthoclase) have a strange, rare shape and appearance. For example, plagioclase crystals exhibit the remains of twinning but it looks like they were erased or destroyed. For orthoclase, the crystals exhibit a lot of patches like "exolution texture," but in this case it is extreme. Opaques and mafic minerals (hornblende) are well preserved; they were not probably affected by the event that changed the features in the felsic minerals.

me again,
I asked how he would describe the sample.

[...]
Hi Michael --- The thin section description suggests a rock that has been altered in some strange way. It has been heated enough to (quickly) alter the low-melting point minerals, but not the high-melting point minerals. It would not be confused with a normal igneous granitic rock.

me again ,

So the rock is similar to igneous but different. This implies the sample is man made.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-GyNP ... m&hl=en_US

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-GyNP ... 0&hl=en_US

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-GyNP ... x&hl=en_US

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:08 pm

It would be a wonderful opportunity if we could reproduce the experiment that created the igneous like rock mentioned in the previous post. It would require a ventilation hood to remove toxic fumes. The other requirement is a DC welders generator. 400 amps would be the minimum. 1000 to 1500 amps would be even better, but these are much less common. After that, all that's required is dirt of different types, a crucible, either acidic or base electrolytes, and a couple of carbon electrodes. By varying the ingredients and power [both amps and volts] it might be possible to create granite and its metamorphic cousins. Any help from the thunderbolts community would be greatly appreciated. If you or a friend have access to a hood and welders generator you might be part of a historic event. It's my impression that no one has seen granite produced. At least not for 3500 years.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Would an old carbon arc searchlight generator do it? There must be some around----

Osmosis

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 am

Osmosis wrote:Would an old carbon arc searchlight generator do it? There must be some around----

Osmosis
Hello Osmosis: The carbon arc searchlight might work, but could have fewer options concerning volts and amps than a welding generator. The exhaust hood has been a problem. I'm told an assay office or university would be the best bet. Have exhaust hood, will travel.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:51 pm

The link below shows the worldwide distribution of sediment.

http://igppweb.ucsd.edu/~gabi/sediment.html#sed

The blueish purple color is a minimum of 33,000'. The blue color is at least 50,000'. That's a lot of sediment. If we could flip the mountains upside down, and the sediment up, the sediment would tower over 20,000' above Mt. Everest. I suppose the sediment could be the result of erosion. This would require igneous rock being worn down one grain at a time, either by wind or water. This would require an extended period of time. Or if we listen to myth and legend, the dust might be the result of the Earth having an encounter with a large comet. The majority of the deposit would be down wind of obstacles. The wind being from the West during the period of thickest dust would imply the greatest deposition on the East side of obstacles. The area around the N Pole seems to be quite thick also.
Attachments
sed.thick (1).gif
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi, Starbiter,

There are construction rental tool places that rent welding equipment, possibly including arc welders and additional carbon electrodes. If you run the experiment outdoors, a big box fan or two may be all you need to remove the fumes generated, or to keep the experimenter "upwind" of the crucible. I had thought of doing a similar experiment with a metal plate as anode and a cathode connected to the arc welder, with dirt or whatever on the metal plate, to see what might happen in the course of an extended discharge, both morphologically and chemically. However, this side of geology and the EU is unknown territory to me and I would have no idea what I was doing, except it would be fun to observe. Having a high-speed video camera to record such an event might be a bonus, but those are commercial products and unlikely to be rentable for small sums for short periods.

Jim

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Hello Jim: I had everything You mentioned set up in Indio CA, the gang capitol of the Western US. A kind gentlemen with a 400 amp welding generator on his truck offered to help. At the time his office was in the desert. By the time my 50% sulfuric acid arrived by UPS he had moved into town. He agreed to drive to some God forsaken place and zap for me. I was running low on funds and asked to use his welding mask, gloves, and apron while handling the acid. I offered to replace anything damaged. This apparently freaked him out. He stopped answering my calls. Go figure. From what i understand 50% sulfuric acid can produce a lethal stew. Being up wind with a window fan might not cut it. But it would make a hell of a headline on an obituary. He, she, or it died doing what they loved, even though no one understands why. As a journalist, i love the angle. Any way, it seems some university somewhere might like to create granite and it's metamorphic cousins. It could be some poor fools thesis. It would consign any geologist to the rock room. No Ph.D for you. Just dust the rocks please. How's that for a sales pitch?

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 am

If there is an EU conference in Las Vegas this December would there be any interest in a geology tour of the area a week prior to the conference. The area is loaded with scorched earth and visible duning and slurry runoff remnants. Trips would include Death Valley, the Hoover Dam area, Red Rock Canyon, and the Palm Springs area, tentatively.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

venn

Unread post by venn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am

starbiter wrote:If there is an EU conference in Las Vegas this December would there be any interest in a geology tour of the area a week prior to the conference.
count me in :D

Andreas
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

venn

Unread post by venn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Inspired by starbiter's talk at this years NPA conference I created a slide presentation on the topic of mountain formation based on his approach. It can be found at

http://www.chrono-rekonstruktion.de/mou ... bacher.pdf. (8.8 MB!)

Of course the embedded video (slide 15) does not work in the pdf. Feedback is very welcome.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.