Electrically charged rocks?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Re: Electrically charged rocks?

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:20 pm

"If lightning ceased everywhere for even one hour, the Earth would discharge."
* That doesn't make sense, because the Earth is discharging every time there is lightning. As I said before, See:
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/arch ... acitor.htm

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:57 am

3. What conditions would cause the Earth to cease to have lightning for an hour?
1) The Earth is part of the circuit and is a transformer or a generator with most of the energy being created "in house" so to speak. This occurs due to a Plasma pinch/discharge event happpening inside the earth. If that event stopped then would the lightning stop?

If Telluric Currents are mainly powered by the Earth and then these stopped would that cause a Lichtenberg Figure discharge and mountains could be created?
If this is the case could some Catastrophes have been induced not by other planets but as a result of the EU acting on the Earth.

2) The Earth is part of the circuit and is a transformer or a generator but is powered by external forces. Birkeland currents from the EU in general or from the Sun.
a) The Sun, which is "magnetically" connecting to the earth every 8 minutes, stops connecting to us for a brief period.
b) Birkeland currents, that are connecting to the earth from the EU in general, switch to another target for awhile. Like a Plasma ball you have in your home when it jumps to another finger on the glass.

If all the bodies in our solar system are powered mainly externally by Birkeland currents and not 100% by the Sun, and these currents switch the target of where they lock on to, could "the Sun" change planets to another gas giant and we have a new Sun? Obviously not a new idea but an example. But this leads on to If the currents can switch could that explain why some planets are dead?

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 am

MarcusDrake wrote:I'm in an electronics class and they taught me something I found interesting. The Piezoelectric effect uses electricity to cause quartz crystal to vibrate. Also, if you apply pressure to a quartz crystal, it creates an electrical charge. I was thinking, if there is billions of tons of quartz crystal all over in the earth's crust under countless billions of tons of rock, wouldn't all the crystals create an enormous electrical charge?

What effect could this have on the planet and the life living upon it?
And if you apply an electric current, it vibrates, right? Are earthquakes the result of electric current causing the earth to 'vibrate'? Do tornadoes have lightning because of "air and dust friction in the up & down drafts of the funnel" or does a funnel appear in response to an electric current spiralling between the earth and semi-conductive layers of atmosphere? Doest lightning happen above volcanes due to friction of the molten rock rubbing against itself, and the ash colliding above the volcano, or does the semi-conductive rock heat up from current running through it as it tries to equalize with atmospheric layers above it?

Is it possible that we've been looking at things backwards for a few centuries? These are questions that I think are mighty valid, and that might lead us to better understanding of our world :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:15 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we figure out that we *have* been looking at things backwards.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 pm

MattEU wrote:
3. What conditions would cause the Earth to cease to have lightning for an hour?
1) The Earth is part of the circuit and is a transformer or a generator with most of the energy being created "in house" so to speak. This occurs due to a Plasma pinch/discharge event happpening inside the earth. If that event stopped then would the lightning stop?

If Telluric Currents are mainly powered by the Earth and then these stopped would that cause a Lichtenberg Figure discharge and mountains could be created?
If this is the case could some Catastrophes have been induced not by other planets but as a result of the EU acting on the Earth.

2) The Earth is part of the circuit and is a transformer or a generator but is powered by external forces. Birkeland currents from the EU in general or from the Sun.
a) The Sun, which is "magnetically" connecting to the earth every 8 minutes, stops connecting to us for a brief period.
b) Birkeland currents, that are connecting to the earth from the EU in general, switch to another target for awhile. Like a Plasma ball you have in your home when it jumps to another finger on the glass.

If all the bodies in our solar system are powered mainly externally by Birkeland currents and not 100% by the Sun, and these currents switch the target of where they lock on to, could "the Sun" change planets to another gas giant and we have a new Sun? Obviously not a new idea but an example. But this leads on to If the currents can switch could that explain why some planets are dead?
Hi MattEU and nice post.
You wrote:
This is very similar to the conclusion that I came to after reading Nonnus' 'Dionysiaca'. I was puzzled by the fact that, according to Greek myth, Typhon is born of Gaia (Earth) but withiut a father being involved.
Reading Nonnus cleared that up. He depicts Typhon as rising up from the Earth and attacking the heavens. The image I got while reading it was of a plasma ball (toy), with Typhon standing upright (via his serpentine lower half) and reaching towards the heavens with his 200 arms and slugging it out with various planets and stars and constelletions (all named by Nonnus).
The Earth suffers in this battle as she takes collateral damage from incoming projectiles hurled by various gods. Bruning forests, earthquakes, land rising and falling into the sea, etc, etc.
What sets all this off is Zeus, as a white bull, carrying of Europa (a mortal from Phoenicia). Zeus the bull is clearly some sort of object is heading out of the solar system when the story begins. It does not necessarily have anything to do with the planet Jupiter, just because it's Zeus in the saddle.
Nice to see someone reach similar conclusions via a totally different route.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MattEU

Earth as the Catastrophe trigger

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 am

Wow, dramatic imagery. Is there any other references to the Earth starting or being the source of events such as this? I suppose I really should read some classics and Velikovsky.

I found this from the Aboriginal Dream Time, although not on the same scale as Typhon, it does seem to point to an earthly source rather than the heavans. Something like a surge/discharge along a Telluric Current might be explainable in that way.
The Aboriginal Dreaming tells of two rainbow snakes who formed the nearby Sturt and Wolfe Creeks as they crossed the desert. The crater is believed to be the place where one snake emerged from the ground. fossicking.de
I do think we might need to reconsider some ideas we automatically have about everything being initiated from the heavens. I mentioned some thoughts on this in this post. It is based mainly on what I have seen when investigating the geology of Malta through Electric Universe eyes.

The earth in its respect as Gaia (the living organism) seems to be a very important part of our Solar System circuit board. Planets as resistors, transformers, capacitors etc with positive or negative feedback as a controlling mechanism? If one part of the circuit changes then this could affect the others. As a capacitor our planet must be huge, with the seas covering 7/10ths of the planet and our constant lightning discharges. if it is a transformer or generator then its importance might be even greater. Our planet is certainly different and special for a reason.
Why not earth as the instigator, the fire starter?

If the earth stopped, reduced or increased its role in the circuit then could we produce the Cartastrope that affected planets closest to us or at least initieate it on our own planet. And if there was life on other planets what sort of God would they have called or imagined Earth to be :)

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi MattEU,
Interesting post, especially the last sentence.
With regard to Earth being the instigator rather than the heavens, I would caution against an 'either or' approach. In Greek myth, the Typhon episode comes after the war against the Titans and is a direct consequence of it. Between the two comes the war against the Gigantes (Earth-born).
The Titans, are to me at least, almost certainly heavenly/astronomical and the Giants and Typhon Earthly. They are all related to the same series of events.
A further clue to the terrestrial nature of Typhon is that when he begins his attack on the heavens, Zeus' thunderbolts are on Earth (Zeus having stashed them while he is 'wooing' Europa. All the other gods etc fight back with their various weapons, including thunderbolts, but Zeus' thunderbolts are also his insignia of office. So, to me, the thunderbolts being on Earth says that Earth is, temporarily at least, in the driving seat. Yin is doing Yang for the time being. The Zeus - Europa sub-plot supports/reinforces this. Eventually, of course, Zeus retrieves his thunderbolts (with the aid of a human), defeats Typhon and harmony is restored.

The Nonnus book can be read here:
http://www.theoi.com/Text/NonnusDionysiaca1.html
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MarcusDrake

Unread post by MarcusDrake » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Has anyone ever experimented with harnessing the Telluric currents in the Earth's crust to power anything?

As far as the ideas about the causes of earthquakes and tornadoes is concerned, I think it's difficult to say either way. It's almost a chicken or the egg question. Does electricity cause hydrogen and oxygen to combine in a fuel cell or does the combination of the two produce the electricity?

Speaking of fuel cells (I know this is off topic), why the hell doesn't somebody create a closed-loop fuel cell for cars and homes? NASA has closed-loop systems in spacecraft, why can't we make a car that you fill up with water at the factory and drive forever? It's not that difficult to do with the right combination of existing technology. If I had a wad of cash to throw at it, I'd do it myself.
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:01 pm

I believe the Shuttle fuel cells are supplied with gassified liquid oxygen and hydrogen. Not good in today's crazy traffic, I bet. :D

MattEU

Earth Battery

Unread post by MattEU » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:09 am

They used Telluric Currents to power Telegraph Systems by using an Earth Battery. Lord Kelvin even got in on the act with a Sea Battery.
To obtain the natural electricity, experimenters would thrust two metal plates into the ground at a certain distance from each other in the direction of a magnetic meridian, or astronomical meridian. The stronger currents flow from south to north. This phenomenon possesses a considerable uniformity of current strength and voltage. As the Earth currents flow from south to north, electrodes are positioned, beginning in the south and ending in the north, to increase the voltage at as large a distance as possible.[9] In many early implementations, the cost was prohibitive because of an over-reliance on extreme spacing between electrodes.

The current produced is highest when the two metals are most widely separated from each other in the electropotential series, and when the material nearer the positive end is to the north, while that at the negative end is towards the south. The plates, one copper and another iron or carbon, are connected above ground by means of a wire with as little resistance as possible. In such an arrangement, the electrodes are not appreciably chemically corroded, even when they are in earth saturated with water, and are connected together by a wire for a long time.

It had been found that to strengthen the current, it was most advantageous to drive the northerly electropositive electrode deeper into the medium than the southerly electrode. The greatest currents and voltages were obtained when the difference in depth was such that a line joining the two electrodes was in the direction of the magnetic dip, or magnetic inclination. When the previous methods were combined, the current was tapped and utilized in any well-known manner.

In some cases, a pair of plates with differing electrical properties, and with suitable protective coatings, were buried below the ground. A protective or other coating covered each entire plate. A copper plate could be coated with powdered coke, a processed carbonaceous material. To a zinc plate, a layer of felt could be applied. To use the natural electricity, earth batteries fed electromagnets, the load, that were part of a motor mechanism.Wikipedia
Did Tesla use ELF's to power that car he built?

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 am

Whilst the discussion on Piezoelectric effects is very interesting , id ask for some thought on this subject. Some years ago I was involved in electrophoresis,isoelectric focusing and other means of seperating mainly proteins in a given gel medium by palcing a cathode and anode across the mixture at varying optomized voltages. It was fascinating how the various molecules seperated out into discrete layers. Lately I have been thinking could a similar process be involved in what is classically sedimentaion or layering due to deposition over what is normally thought of as eons. While sedimentation does occur in a classical fashion ,with wind and water ,the precision of layers fixed in rock platforms ( or earth ) seems incredibly exact and fine lined. Also fossils of trees passing through what are classically million of years of stratigraphy seems to contradict the geology. Perhaps what happens under a catstrophic electrical discharge ( for whatever reason, extra terrestial or otherwise ) is some sort of isoelectrical focusing. Look at some of this layering in clinical biochemistry. Also as I walk along the beaches ,where they are severely eroded in Melbourne ,I see many meters of foreshore which look like berkeland current effects chaotically imprinted on the face of the cliff( something like a lightning bolt plastered on the face of the cliff). Any similar experiences.? Any comments???

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:45 am

Funny, no one mentioned that the body has connective tissue aka fascia, that is a liquid crystal, and when compressed, creates electricity via pizoelectric effects. I thought the poster and his lecture would like that information as well.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:00 pm

junglelord - could you explain your answer a bit further, perhaps in a poem with some numbers mentioned ;)

isoelectrical focusing

ancientd - very interesting, the distinct sharpness of layers always seems such a puzzle. If it is due to electrical currents flowing through them why are they so distinct. Not being an electrical engineer I dont know how or if the fields/flow can be that controlled.

If the layers were formed in the sea or when they had just come out of the sea would this be good conditions to help with isoelectrical focusing? I also read somewhere but can not find it again that seas, especially the Mediterranean Sea, have changed many times between acid and alkali, or, have at least changed chemically.

The anode and cathode could be Birkeland currents attaching themselves at different locations, or ,would a mixture of a Birkeland Current / Squatter Man and earthly Telluric Currents do the job?

Could isoelectrical focusing create something like this unusual syncline and the layered rocks beside it? Or is it a horizontal layered affect only?

frozen lightning

As to the frozen lightning bolt do you have any images, do you mean it is similar to a shatter cone (Slate Islands Ontario) or more like lines?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:46 pm

* I think sedimentary layers were deposited directly as layers, either from tsunamis during the Great Flood and or electrical deposition of material rapidly eroded electrically from another area or another celestial body, as described here:
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch ... osnote.htm
* I think it would be similar to the way paint is applied to cars in factories using opposite electric charge to attract the paint to the car body.
* At http://www.holoscience.com/views/view_mars.htm Thornhill said geologists were not taught:
that thick strata and anomalous deposits can be dumped from space in hours. Interplanetary electrical forces can raise mountains, twist and overturn strata, dump oceans on to land, preserve shattered flora and fauna in the rocks - all in a geological instant.
* And here http://www.holoscience.com/views/view_mars.htm , discussing Valles Marineris and the Grand Canyon etc, he said:
How many major premises in geology are wrong? The electrical model provides a far simpler solution never considered before in sedimentation. The material removed electrically from one body in a cosmic discharge is transferred in large part to the other body. That creates widespread surface layering. The airless Moon shows evidence too of extensive layering and it is covered in electrical scars.

moses

Unread post by moses » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Check out the picture here of the layered deposits formed
at the Mt St Helens eruption :
http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v11/i2/nature.asp

So many layers were laid in one flow. So possibly only a
few such flows was enough to produce all of the sediment
formed around the Grand Canyon, for instance.
Mo