Electrically charged rocks?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mharratsc

Re: Electrically charged rocks?

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm

I forget where I read it, but I seem to recall that someone (I think from the NOAA) not only saw that Saharan 'dust' levitated, but that it was in fact full-lofting against gravity so high that it was recorded as depositing in North America! o.O

Also, I noted in that one article that showed the plasma bands surrounding the Earth (photographed in UV) that one of the knots in the band was almost directly over the Sahara...

Could the Sahara- despite it's dehydration- actually be a spot where Earth-to-atmospheric equalization is very prevalent?? I wouldn't think so because of the relative proximity to mountainous areas and also (relatively) close by ocean, but... do we really know what causes one area to have more prevalent charge-equalization activity?

That's not a rhetorical question by the way- I really don't know the answer! :oops: Anyone?

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I think I wondered elsewhere, about diocotron instabilities, showing up in the plasma bands. This was regarding to the disruption of an airliner. These "knots" seem to show up on all planets, with an atmosphere. Am I right?

Can these also be the source of energy, lofting sand up and away from deserts and depositing it elsewhere?

Dragoneye

Unread post by Dragoneye » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Really a great thread here!

After reading this thread and having just viewed "Symbols of an Alien Sky" parts 5a & 5b it crossed my mind that these strata and perhaps the source of much sand could be the debris of the whole Saturn/Venus/Mars event and these bodies taking their places within the solar system. Perhaps it was during this time that much electrically based catastrophes occurred on earth. This electrical charging of the earth or at least electrical exchange with earth could have set up a process similar to electrostatic coating as used in coating automobiles and other products today. The layering of the depositions on earth could be due to the debris from space having been "pre-sorted" electrically by charge or by element/composition. Also, due to perhaps particle size/abundance or some process of the formation of silicon, the sand appears to have been merely dumped on the earth covering only portions of the earth while the bulk fell mainly into the ocean(s) to be further spread about the earth by way of the motion of the ocean(s). Perhaps something like this scenario has occurred multiple times throughout earth's history.

Perhaps I need to review more EU theory! Just thought I'd put my speculations out there.

moses

Unread post by moses » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Dragoneye - you are going down the same mental route that I did. I see
all the rocks on Earth after the old Precambrian rocks, to be formed
from such electrically formed material from Mars/Venus/Earth. The
Sahara sand was probably formed at a later date in my view. It's a
fascinating subject with great significance. You have to throw out
all previous knowledge, however. Logic and intuition only. Good luck
on this journey.
Mo

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 am

Hi folks,
Greatthread.
Don't know if it's any use but just come across this:
Grains of Sand Reveal Possible Fifth State of Matter
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/06/sandgrains/
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm

GC,

That's the video that was earlier posted here:

Re: Is the Electric Universe a Fractal Too? Signs Point to Yes!
by seasmith on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 pm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 856#p22856

Comparing it to this:

To this thread, the sorting by mass and composition is likely, as also demonstrated by i think Lloyd's posting somewhere of natural layering in solutions.

As to the origin of the great sand deposits, imo the prevalence of Silicon in a primal Earth's crust; and the eons of crustal flexing and gradual decomposition need be considered.
Take beaches: The ' sand ' can be predominately silicon, calciferous/diatomaceous, basaltic and/or etc.

I'm sure the 'everything happened yesterday' crowd will have a handy theory for the makeup of the many types of beaches...
;)
s

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Is dusty plasma the basic form of sand and sand the basic form of rocks? :?: :?: :?:

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:33 pm

~
by Osmosis on Thu Jul 02, 2009
Is dusty plasma the basic form of sand and sand the basic form of rocks?
Could be.

Then what about the gases ??

s

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:45 pm

seasmith wrote:~
by Osmosis on Thu Jul 02, 2009
Is dusty plasma the basic form of sand and sand the basic form of rocks?
Could be.

Then what about the gases ??

s
Your gas is as good as mine. ;)
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I gas you're correct! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:26 am

Dragoneye:
The layering of the depositions on earth could be due to the debris from space having been "pre-sorted" electrically by charge or by element/composition. Also, due to perhaps particle size/abundance or some process of the formation of silicon, the sand appears to have been merely dumped on the earth covering only portions of the earth while the bulk fell mainly into the ocean(s) to be further spread about the earth by way of the motion of the ocean(s). Perhaps something like this scenario has occurred multiple times throughout earth's history.
* I don't think there's significant sand on the deep ocean floors, just on the ocean shores, where I think it's formed simply by wave action of water pounding on rock.
* There's lots of loose sand in deserts. The Sahara probably used to be sea shore.
* Most of Earth's sand is in sandstone, which makes up a significant amount of the continental strata.
* That sand was likely formed electrically and deposited electrically in layers, which I think fused together, but not strongly.
* Global catastrophes probably did not occur except over a short period of Earth's history about 5,000 years ago. Before that the ancients apparently said that Earth had no mountains or oceans, just small hills and shallow seas. The mountains and ocean basins were produced by the Saturnian catastrophes. See http://kronia.com/thoth.html

MattEU

Dusy and Sandy Plasma?

Unread post by MattEU » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Lloyd, I think I disagree, or, more correctly, would like to discuss further your and my ideas about how sand is created.

From what i see i don't think most sand is formed by rock erosion. Norfolk, England is a chalky area yet has a variety of sand colour and texture. Malta is a limestone island but its sand varies in colour and texture in the few areas you can find it. Why do you find any sand On Malta and Gozo?

The Sahara seems to large an area to be beach sand and also has a lot of non salty water (fossil water) in and underneath it. It does not seem to make much sense to me for it to have been a beach or ocean when it occupies most of north africa.

I suspect that sand is some sort of creation of the EU, similar to Dusty Plasma and the fact that minerals/dust are found being formed by a Plasma Discharge, from what the Scientits call a quasar or a Black Hole.

Sand appears in unlikely spots, in the middle of mountain ranges for example and in isolated spots. You have the sands covering Egypts temples, the Sahara advancing and even the great Sand Floods of Norfolk

Of course I am not saying that all sand is not produced by wave erosion but I do not think it is much. Along the great beaches of Australia the rock is not white and in certain areas you do not find exposed rock near the beaches. Also in Norfolk (England) you have very large sand dunes along the shores yet no rock.

Does the formation of Dust and minerals in space also explain where the Earths dust/soil comes from? Is it also an EU affect along the lines of dust and sand? Would this help explain why buildings are constantly being covered over by soil at a great rate. Is it an EU event, maybe the the result of a discharge or exchange?

If it is created in this manner could it explain sudden layers in the earth, not due to some disaster but created/exchanged by the Earth in response to a change in the EU?

P.S. I had never thought about how much sand is in sandstone, so I will have to investigate that one further, or, can you give some more examples of what you have found about it and the data?

Dragoneye

Unread post by Dragoneye » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:02 am

Lloyd wrote:Dragoneye:
The layering of the depositions on earth could be due to the debris from space having been "pre-sorted" electrically by charge or by element/composition. Also, due to perhaps particle size/abundance or some process of the formation of silicon, the sand appears to have been merely dumped on the earth covering only portions of the earth while the bulk fell mainly into the ocean(s) to be further spread about the earth by way of the motion of the ocean(s). Perhaps something like this scenario has occurred multiple times throughout earth's history.
* I don't think there's significant sand on the deep ocean floors, just on the ocean shores, where I think it's formed simply by wave action of water pounding on rock.
I suppose that depends on how you would define "significant" and perhaps how we would define sand, Sand on the ocean floor, including continental shelves, would have many terrestrial sources such as continental effluents by way of rivers and streams that over the whole history of humanity have continuously dumped silts and larger debris from the process of erosion into the ocean, The winds across continents and smaller land masses carry tons of dust and particles to the seas annually. Then there's the debris from the separation of the continents and smaller land masses. Under the water I'm volcanism contributes to much of the sands on the ocean floors. After terrestrial sources there's the continual inflow of cosmic dust and particles. Considering that the oceans cover nearly 70% of the earth's total surface I would be inclined to think that there would be a rather significant amount of sand on the ocean's floors.
* There's lots of loose sand in deserts. The Sahara probably used to be sea shore.
Excellent point! From another perspective all the major deserts on earth happen to lie along a belt of of earth's electrical activity. This belt is similar in shape to the belt of sunspot activity that encircles the sun. There's a thread somewhere here in the forums that points this out. Of course, there's still no conclusion as to the origin of the sand. I do, however, think this to be a major clue. Perhaps the sand is the debris of the EDM process as there is plenty of evidence of that in the desert regions on earth.
* Most of Earth's sand is in sandstone, which makes up a significant amount of the continental strata.
I have no data or information to support or dispute this. I will conjecture that much of what we see as sedimentation is most likely made up of depositions of minerals and elements in the form of dust and sand and has fused by means of various electrical/mechanical/and chemical forces and actions.
* That sand was likely formed electrically and deposited electrically in layers, which I think fused together, but not strongly.
Oops! I guess I sort of got ahead of the flow here. See above.
* Global catastrophes probably did not occur except over a short period of Earth's history about 5,000 years ago. Before that the ancients apparently said that Earth had no mountains or oceans, just small hills and shallow seas. The mountains and ocean basins were produced by the Saturnian catastrophes. See http://kronia.com/thoth.html
Thanks for the great link! This is something I'm still cogitating on. I'm still attempting to resolve in my mind the great disparity in estimates of earth's age and the existence of human life. there's a huge difference in 5000-6000 years and 40 million years or whatever the outlier number is these days for the existence of humans. I can't even imagine the age of 3.?+ billion years for the existence of the earth or the 13+ billion year age of the universe.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

* Here's where I gave references about the ancients' reports that there were no mountains or oceans in the Saturn Age:
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... =10&t=1599
viewtopic.php?p=14650
* Here http://www.tulane.edu/~sanelson/geol212/sandst&cong.htm it says, "Sandstones make up ... about 25% of the stratigraphic record".
* Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedimentary_rock it says, "Sedimentary rock covers 75-80% of the Earth's land area, and includes common types such as limestone, chalk, dolostone, sandstone, conglomerate, some types of breccia, and shale" [they forgot siltstone perhaps]. Another webpage said sedimentary makes up about 5% of the Earth's crust and it averages one to two miles deep on the continents, but very little at all in the ocean floors.

MarcusDrake

Unread post by MarcusDrake » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 pm

WOW!

It's been a while since I was on here and it seems this topic has sparked quite the discussion, although it appears to have slacked off the past few weeks. I took the time to read every post, and I see that there is quite a lot of information that I need to research.

Nevertheless, here are my thoughts:

Electrical phenomena may explain some, but not all geographical morphology, and certainly not every grain of sand on this planet can be attributed to electrically produced effects. Sand is made of silica compounds, which are created by extreme heating. The initial heat of course was provided by the ignition of our sun, but subsequent heating is made by the compression of our core. Microbes love to eat rock and water is also a universal solvent, so the oceans -- being the progenitors of all life -- are one of the best places to find sand. Not much lives at the ocean bottom due to lack of energy sources like heat and light ( deep sea "smokers" being an exception ), and there is no pounding surf, so there is little sand to be found there.

As rock breaks down into smaller and smaller particles, lots of little voids are formed between them, providing a place for moisture and microbial life to hang out. So sand thrown onto a beach eventually becomes wetted by fresh water and home to organisms. Eventually biology provides a plethora of organic waste that accumulates in these voids which then goes on to nourish other organisms which excrete yet more organic material. Over a period of time you end up with soil. When an area dries up or a large portion of the organic material is used up all that is left is sand and dust, just like in deserts.

Water usually contains traces of dissolved minerals and is rather conductive, as we all know. So soil provides an easy way for electric currents to flow and prevents a build up of extreme voltaic potentials. When water is removed from the picture, as in deserts, the particles are insulated by all the little pockets of air around them. When the wind blows hard enough, sand is moved across the surface. This movement causes electrons to get knocked around and ionizes the particles. When enough of these ionized particles are in the air they begin to attract and repel each other. Charge creates currents and currents form streams. We can see a stream of current in a lightning bolt, but as the charged sand is deposited on the ground they tend to stay with like charges so you end up with ripples in the sand which are really nothing more than long streams of current.

BTW, I noticed a great picture of rippled sand in a post earlier and not only does it remind one of magnetic flux lines, but it also resembles something everyone has right at their fingertips: Finger prints.

Let's also not forget that the Earth is indeed very very old. Certain processes still take millions of years, regardless of how electricity may shortcut some others. Electricity, for example may hasten the stratification of rock but it doesn't affect radioactive decay that I have ever heard of. A Carbon-14 atom always has a half-life of around 5600 years. We can rather accurately date materials based on not only Carbon-14 measurements, but also using other isotopes that exist in rock. And then there's that pesky evolution thing which is kind of hard to dispute. All life could not have sprung up and diversified so much in a few thousand years unless you are playing SimEarth.

What of impacts craters? I've read discussions involving vast electrical discharge with craters, but it doesn't fit together in my mind. We've found tons of impact material at the bottoms of craters and a great deal of other evidence to confirm that celestial bodies have fallen to earth and made these holes. Impacts are very important. Comets brought water and organic material to earth, and probably caused the great flood as well. There is some speculation ( and some very convincing information) that a comet exploding over the Great Lakes brought an end to almost all life in North America (and possibly an end to Atlantis) 13,000 years ago. This event would do much to explain the Younger-Dryas cooling that occurred at around the same time -- after the earth had started to warm up at the end of the ice age.

Though we may all differ in our opinions, the one thing we all share in common here is that we all agree that traditional science and the present paradigm is stuck in a rut and blind to new ways of seeing our universe and the way that it works. Science is one of our greatest gifts, being limited only by the creative intellect of the people who use it. When you speak to enough educated people you begin to see that most of them (I say 95%) are not operating at full mental capacity. Not that they are dumb, they simply do not use what they have available. Many people are also highly educated idiots. If one can teach a monkey sign language and how to count, then it only goes to show that one does not need to be a genius to learn physics. That said, those PhDs from Harvard may know a lot about chemistry or math, but they don't know squat about anything else. This is why science fails to answer most of the questions they pose. Many times the answer is right in front of them, but they are not trained to see it.

So let's hear some more folks! I got the ball rolling and now I've come back to give it a kick!
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein