Electric rain, snow, hail ....

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Snowflakes

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "webolife"

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:
arc-us, I plead temporary blindness! I study atmospheric optics, so I'm familiar with various configs of ice crystals, but this is the most beautiful photo I've ever seen... OK that's an exaggeration, but almost not... the deposited material on the end caps appear to me as miniscule fulgurites! The columnar style crystals tumble down through the air reflecting the sunrays at just the right angles to prismatically form the beautiful halos we see [quite commonly if you know where to look and have a good pair of preferrably polarized sunglasses!] in connection with cold air masses. The "Pillar of Fire" halo is specifically due to these babies you have so spectacularly shared here.
lk, you are undoubtedly correct about the same charge aspect of the crystal tips, at least I'd say the tips at one column end are same-charged... anyone with a better insight as to whether the tips of the opposite column end are the opposite charge? I'm inclined to say both ends are same charged.
Snowflake formation as I have come to understand it involves the operation of both attractive and repulsive forces, due to electrical differentials between the atmospheric dust and water that form the snowflake. If I understand this correctly, the positive charges are at the core and negatives around the outside, but like B. Franklin I may mis read the directionality. More expert EU guys help out here?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse with opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

I was stunned by it and left speechless. I had never seen anything like that before. I agree about the geometric symmetry being just fascinating. I wondered if the two sides were opposite charged as well and suspect not as it is rime formation.

I am also curious as to the possible relationship of the organic like crystal dusty plasma formations in space and the probable piezoelectric effects and their subsequent relationship to the plasma current. Also Soliton wave transmission by the plasma crystals.
:D

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"

Okay. That's better <sniff>, <sniff>.

When I first saw it I'm like, yeah okay so where's the snowflake? That stuff on the ends? 'Cause it came from that cydonia face thread I think maybe it's supposed to represent some artifact found on Mars from a former civilization, so I'm like well then it's a piece from one of the prior space missions. Then I think no, he's pulling our legs and it's a shot of some artifact found beneath the Mediterreanean Sea or some such. Kind of looks like it was shot under water. I search a little further and dang if it isn't a snow "flake" itself. Totally blew me away, and still does with its symmetry and precision of structure. The others aren't bad, either, but 3d-wise, this one is stunning.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"
Arcus wrote: Then I think no, he's pulling our legs
I found this image on wikipedia shortly before reading your post on the Cydonia thread and it seemed to illustrate your point perfectly. (pretty presumptious of me)

I understand, from your snowflake links, that it is an amalgam of two types of snowflakes. The central "column" forming, in a column forming part of the cloud, then this column blows into a hexagon forming part of the cloud, which gives it these hexagonal caps.

Apart from that I'm scoobied. I'm also stunned that, despite the trillions being pumped into "climatology", we still don't have much of a clue what is going on above our heads. Great discussion on this thread though!

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:48 pm Post subject: snowflake column tree Reply with quote
OP "SeaSmith"

[It was way late last nite on first take, didn't even look to see what Ik was referring to.]

Obviously that is model for the hyper-piezoelectric crystal driver at the center of the our universe:

Unity column
Di-polar extension
Dual hexoganal progation
Twelve-fold symetry

Tree of Life, just as the ancients portayed it.

@

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lite-brite"

Heavy! :)

So few words but so much meaning!

It's Grecian architecture, it's Saturn's pole, it's Biologic.

It is humbling!

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

Heavy and humbling is correct. We got dumped with a whole load of snowflakes. All very heavy shovel loads of the wonderful stuff. After a while your system feels like a heart attack from lifting that heavy stuff and its all very humbling.
:lol:

What does not kill you only makes you stronger.
Another proud Canadian.
8-)

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"

Perhaps this thread may also be relevant:

<old forum link no longer valid>

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:47 am Post subject: Re: snowflake column tree Reply with quote
OP "Krackonis"
SeaSmith wrote:
[It was way late last nite on first take, didn't even look to see what Ik was referring to.]

Obviously that is model for the hyper-piezoelectric crystal driver at the center of the our universe:

Unity column
Di-polar extension
Dual hexoganal progation
Twelve-fold symetry

Tree of Life, just as the ancients portayed it.

@
Actually, one of the Tpods showed the insides of caves and in that cave there was something similar to the ends of the snowflakes.

http://www.showcaves.com/images/Big/071-598.jpg
http://www.showcaves.com/images/Big/071-593.jpg

Compare to the end-caps of the snowflake at high resolution. I think there are some noteworthy similarties.

Krackonis

"We are the universe, trying to understand itself."
- Delenn

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 am Post subject: Re: snowflake column tree Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
Krackonis wrote: ....
Compare to the end-caps of the snowflake at high resolution. I think there are some noteworthy similarties.
Hmm. That first one is somewhat reminiscent of the contents of an old tackle box I used to have after a couple of seasons of non-use. 8-)

Ion01

Red rain?

Unread post by Ion01 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:51 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_rain_in_Kerala

Is it possible that the cell like structure of the grains is due to electrical discharge on an extremely small scale? If it is something like a meteor exploding, or even dust which is ultimately effected by the constant electrical interactions in the upper atmosphere, could the electrical interactions have given rise to dust size geodes or "martian blueberries"?

Drethon

Steam Devils

Unread post by Drethon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Something interesting I haven't seen before http://spaceweather.com/submissions/lar ... 110824.jpg

MattEU

Re: Steam Devils

Unread post by MattEU » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:57 am

You also get Fire Devils, Ice Devils, Snow Devils.

I can not find the photos of the Ice Devils I saw before as I think there was only a few images around and these were from a distance. Something to do with the Great Lakes weather system or somewhere in America if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_devil

Is there a difference between a Devil and a Tornado or is one just a smaller version of the other? Although they are all appear related, in an EU, is a Tornado different in that you have the clouds above it.

Or

You dont appear to see the same things above a Devil but is that only due to the size? A bit like plasma and its glow modes. Is there the same thing happening with the Devils but it is not powerful enough to create the clouds above it or we are not looking in the correct frequency to visualise it?

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Drethon wrote:Something interesting I haven't seen before http://spaceweather.com/submissions/lar ... 110824.jpg
Good stuff! Yup, the first pic or two remind me of pretty much exactly what I saw last year in the spring after a rain shower on a relatively warm day. Was driving by a field and saw steam rising up, with a few little vortices going on. Quite a few as I recall. Didn't have a camera with me, or I'd have taken a photo. Plus I was in a hurry, so I didn't get a chance to stop and look longer. But, those photos look basically like what I saw. Slightly wispier perhaps. A little less perfectly tubular.

Regards,
~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:41 am

MGmirkin....right person, right place at right time ... are we led or do we find what we seek?

BTW could what you witnessed be the next stage up from standard mist? The start of the formation of larger Devils or Tornados.

Normally mist will be mist, "rising up from the ground" or hugging the ground. The earth sweating ;) the same as we do. I have seen lots of mist and not seen this, although I may not have been looking for it at that time. The same with fire, never seen a Fire Devil. Was it just that the EU conditions were not right? There may be nomal conditions then when it gets more EU like more energy or the exchange gets greater, the Devils start appearing.

Another thought is could what you witnessed with the mist be showing what happens with all the other Devils? This one we can see because it is in our frequency.

Other Devils may have their own "Devil Mist" but we can not visually see it. Tornados have been studied in far creater detail so does radar or other measuring devices detect a local field around them?
Tornadoes have that dust ring around them and Water Tornadoes also. Is the Water Tornado ring different to the Mist or is it the Mist being pulled/attracted into a tighter field around the Tornado.

Do you get a Tornado Mist before a Tornado appears?

Above is what I wrote before having a break. When I came back I did another image search this time for waterspouts. I found this photo.

After trying to find more images of what I was looking for I decded to read the wiki article on waterspouts just on the off chance it might mention something.

Winter waterspout or Snowspout
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout
A winter waterspout, also known as a snow devil, an icespout, an ice devil, a snonado, or a snowspout, is an extremely rare instance of a waterspout forming under the base of a snow squall.[7][8] The term "winter waterspout" is used to differentiate between the common warm season waterspout and this rare winter season event which will form over breaks in ice covered body of waters at temperatures of −18 °C (−0.4 F) or colder. Very little is known about this rare phenomenon and only six known pictures of this event exist to date, four of which were taken in Ontario, Canada

Environmental Conditions
There are three critical criteria for the formation of a winter waterspout:
* Extremely cold temperatures present over a body of warm water enough to produce fog resembling steam above the water's surface; this usually requires temperatures of −18 °C (−0.4 °F) or colder if the water temperature is no warmer than 5 °C (41 °F).
* Lake-effect snows in a clustered or banded formation must be present and going on.
* The synoptic or environmental winds must be extremely light; usually less than 5 knots (9 km/h).