Electric Earthquakes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ElecGeekMom

Re: Electric Earthquakes

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Some of these mystery noises that I've listened to from the web sound like a really big wheel rotating--a wheel that is, oh, several counties in diameter.

One time I saw a short video of an expert (I don't have the link handy, but IIRC it was a university professor or researcher) who said that the sound was caused by a magnetic phenomenon. The blogger who posted the video was skeptical and commented that he thought that the expert was kidding and didn't really know what he was talking about. On the other hand, the impression I got from watching him was that he was giving a simple, yet straightforward, explanation, though he was limiting himself to words and concepts that the interviewer would be likely to understand.

IMHO, these sounds that give the impression of a rotating, counties-wide wheel are reminiscent of the circulation that tornadoes contain. Of course, tornadoes are usually causing huge amounts of debris to fly around, which adds another layer of sound. These things that the expert said were magnetic made me think of circulating energies that might, in another circumstance, manifest as a tornado. If it tightened up and reduced its diameter, could it end up being a tornado?

Perhaps you weren't talking about sounds caused by magnetic fields rotating. I don't think I've heard Seneca guns in person, but the reading I have done about them made me notice that the places where they occur are places where there is an interface where dry land is on the west side and a lake or other body of water on the east side. It makes me think that there is an eastward-bound energy front (similar to weather fronts) that is passing from dry land onto water. Since water conducts electricity better than dry land, it's as if the energy in the front accelerates once it touches water, and the sudden acceleration causes the "boom".

ElecGeekMom

Re: Electric Earthquakes - less OT than my previous post

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:As concerns earthquakes in the OKC area, you might be onto something. On any flat surface (such as the Great Plains), anything that sticks up will concentrate the electric field onto itself, meaning that it becomes the footpoint for electric currents (i.e., like a lightning rod). The convergence of high power lines at a power station could be acting like a huge antenna, focusing the energy at that location. Selective ionization in the atmosphere (due to smog) can do the same thing. Then, the fracking provides the subterranean conduits for the telluric currents. So where are the quakes going to occur? Wherever you have the greatest combination of factors focusing the currents in that location.
Have I mentioned here my idea that Moore, Oklahoma, keeps getting hit by F5 tornadoes because it's straight west of Twin Lake, a major NWS weather radar? Moore is at the SW corner of the electro-smog for metropolitan OKC. Twin lake is at the SE corner. On a stormy day, if a tornadic storm starts SW of OKC, then moves NE or E, it's likely to be pumped full of additional energy from this big radar, as well as other radars operated by other entities. Could that additional energy cause it to become more extreme?

I forgot to mention it before, but another phenomenon keeps popping up. Wildfires. I'm wondering if the days that are warmer, drier, and more windy are actually days when plasmoids are passing through the area. And when a plasmoid is in the area, it's easier to spark a wildfire. The OKC TV stations frequently mention major fires in the metro area. Lots of them are at homes or businesses, but recently they have been in less-developed areas. Now, I know lots of people will assume that someone flicked a cigarette out their car window when a fire starts along a road, but most of the time no cause is ever mentioned.

One curious incident east of my town involved a grassfire that got very close to some friends' properties. One of these friends reported that the authorities thought that a person driving a pickup, who had stopped by an electrical substation, had had a backfire or something, and started the fire. I thought they were reaching. :roll: But it did get me started wondering about the electro-smog idea. What if the electrical substation had enough extra charge surrounding it, and the presence of the truck caused an arc that reached beyond the fenced perimeter of the substation? I think they said the person's truck broke down. They probably pulled out their cell phone while they were stopped by the substation. Does that mean that using a cell phone near a substation can be dangerous under the right conditions?

Or, for cases where fires start in town, often people will respond to the online news stories with comments about a "smart meter" being the cause of the fire. They're wireless, so they're doing WIFI, right? IMHO that's concerning.

ElecGeekMom

Re: Using oil well casings for grounds for electrical equipm

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm still chipping away at this electric earthquake concept.

In the past few days, I have discovered documents online that tell how one of the oil companies decided to try using abandoned oil well casings to ground their electrical equipment out in the field. Also, they are depending less and less on diesel-powered generators, favoring instead to use electric motors. They have installed 5 substations to use for this purpose. They are scattered around the Mississipian formation, which straddles northwestern Oklahoma and southwestern Kansas.

The timeframe for this relatively new practice matches fairly well with the increase in numbers of earthquakes in Oklahoma. I started tracking them in 2009. They started this practice in late 2008.

Can someone tell me if (and how) using 8000-foot-long oil well casings for grounds, usually with the low end sitting in a salt water aquifer, might increase the number of earthquakes in areas where no major faults are located?

CharlesChandler

Re: Using oil well casings for grounds for electrical equipm

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:01 pm

ElecGeekMom wrote:Can someone tell me if (and how) using 8000-foot-long oil well casings for grounds, usually with the low end sitting in a salt water aquifer, might increase the number of earthquakes in areas where no major faults are located?
Crustal deformation due to tidal forces and tectonic pressures results in telluric currents. These currents follow the path of least resistance, and if the current density is sufficient, the currents graduate to plasma discharge channels, which can exert enormous pressures on the surrounding rock. So those 8000-foot-long oil well casings are acting like lightning rods, concentrating currents in the crust.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks, Charles. :-)

I'm curious about which direction the energy flows when they get an earthquake. If they're using the well casing for a ground, does that mean the energy flows downward? But it can flow upward, can't it? :?:

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:04 pm

ElecGeekMom wrote:I'm curious about which direction the energy flows when they get an earthquake. If they're using the well casing for a ground, does that mean the energy flows downward? But it can flow upward, can't it? :?:
Yes, electric currents driven by tidal forces flow in both directions. At high tide, the crust is uplifted (as much as 55 cm). This relieves pressure on the underlying rock, enabling charge recombination in rock that had been forcibly ionized. Thus the electrons are flowing downward. At low tide, the pressure is restored, forcing the electrons back out of the rock, and there will be an upward flow of electrons. Either way, there will be a current, and as concerns the lateral pressure that this current creates on the rock, it doesn't matter which way it's going. So I think that you have something here.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:57 am

additional energy from this big radar,

Radars that I am familiar with use a very short pulse, 1 to 6 micro sec., every few hundred milliseconds. Though the pulse in very powerful, it is also very short and the power falls off very quickly. A high power radio would supply much more energy to the atmosphere because it transmits continuously. ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 am

They seem to keep adding enhancements. Here is a page about the one I'm talking about:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=dualpol

Is dual polarity a new feature? They talk like it is.

Also, one of the OKC TV stations has a new chief meteorologist, and he says they have the "fastest" radar in the state. What makes it faster? More frequent pulses?

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am

ElecGeekMom wrote:Also, one of the OKC TV stations has a new chief meteorologist, and he says they have the "fastest" radar in the state. What makes it faster? More frequent pulses?
He might be talking about MPAR, which is currently being tested just in Norman, which does a full scan in less than a minute, versus 6 minutes for WSR-88 (i.e., the existing Doppler radar).

Volcanoes

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Sparky wrote:
additional energy from this big radar,

Radars that I am familiar with use a very short pulse, 1 to 6 micro sec., every few hundred milliseconds. Though the pulse in very powerful, it is also very short and the power falls off very quickly. A high power radio would supply much more energy to the atmosphere because it transmits continuously. ;)
Thanks Sparky!

I wonder if focusing radar on a particular storm would tend to concentrate the energies in the vicinity of that storm? In contrast, wouldn't a radio station be broadcasting in a wide pattern?

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 pm

`
EGM,

Sparky would be the experienced hand in this area, but afaik, Radar pulses are a kind of 'Soliton' wave with much more coherent and concentrated power than a regular expanding wave.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soliton ... d=0CGIQsAQ

MPAR is phased array radar, and being electronically directed, rather than just spinning around 360 degrees, would as a function of time direct its energy primarily in some chosen direction.

https://www.nssl.noaa.gov/tools/radar/mpar/

The two above characteristics may amount to driving an EM wedge into an unstable weather front.
~[Seismic land surveys are a somewhat similar process, with the weather front being replaced by an electrically loaded telluric fault.]
Mere speculation of course…

s

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:57 am

Sparky would be the experienced hand in this area,
Experience was decades ago. Worked on tube type, L band radars with peak pwr of 10 Mw... These newer radars are a lot different. They're spoken of in terms of a few kw...

Yes, radio stations are omni directional... ;)

Someone must have tested the effects of radar and radio transmissions on local weather. :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 am

This got me to thinking about the theoretical similarities between MPAR and HAARP. The design purpose of HAARP is to use radio frequencies to ionize the atmosphere. Radar also operates in those bands. The difference between MPAR and previous radar technologies is that the beam can be electronically focused, and it can be caused to dwell on a specific target, not having the limitation of having a physical apparatus that has to rotate. So what if an MPAR beam could be focused on a developing thunderstorm, increasing the degree of ionization? If I'm right about thunderstorms (especially supercells), EM isn't just an effect -- it's an organizing principle. After all, t-storms cannot be simulated with thermodynamics -- the simulations fall apart long before you get large, well organized updrafts, and corresponding downdrafts (including rain shafts, downbursts, and microbursts). So t-storms are charged gases (i.e., plasmas), and EM has as much to do with how they develop and play out as thermodynamics. HAARP was advertised as being capable of manipulating thunderstorms, which is why they got additional funding from NWS. We just don't know if they ever tried it or not, now that the thing is up and running. But the implication here is that maybe MPAR could do the same thing -- focus a tight beam of EM radiation on a specific aspect of a t-storm, and start playing around with the properties. Of course, HAARP is putting out terawatts of power, while MPAR probably puts out kilowatts. (?) But then the MPAR station is a lot closer to the t-storm, so it wouldn't need as much power. Anyway, I haven't studied this idea, so I'm just babbling here. This isn't even the right thread for this. ;) But since we were all right here, I just thought I'd mention it. ;)

Volcanoes

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am

seasmith wrote:`
EGM,

Sparky would be the experienced hand in this area, but afaik, Radar pulses are a kind of 'Soliton' wave with much more coherent and concentrated power than a regular expanding wave.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soliton ... d=0CGIQsAQ

MPAR is phased array radar, and being electronically directed, rather than just spinning around 360 degrees, would as a function of time direct its energy primarily in some chosen direction.

https://www.nssl.noaa.gov/tools/radar/mpar/

The two above characteristics may amount to driving an EM wedge into an unstable weather front.
~[Seismic land surveys are a somewhat similar process, with the weather front being replaced by an electrically loaded telluric fault.]
Mere speculation of course…

s
An EM wedge...heh...or an umbilical cord...to provide an infusion of additional energy?

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:40 am

Sparky wrote:Someone must have tested the effects of radar and radio transmissions on local weather. :?
I kinda doubt it...considering the EPA changed their rules and essentially forced municipalities to switch from chlorine to chloramine* without doing any research into its effects on humans! :twisted:

*A combination of chlorine and ammonia - you know - the stuff you're not supposed to combine when you're cleaning house, because it makes a poisonous gas! At least chlorine will gas out or boil out. Chloramine won't gas out, it won't boil out, you can't neutralize it with salt, it will kill your fish, and it's deadly if used for kidney dialysis. I know a guy who works for a water works. I asked him what he thought of chloramine. He said, "We love it!" The reason is that it remains in the water even if a water main is compromised.

Got gut issues since 2010? Maybe it's not that you've become allergic to wheat or gluten-intolerant, maybe it's the germ-killers in the water! /soapbox mode off/