Electric Earthquakes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

kevin

Re: Electric Earthquakes

Unread post by kevin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 am

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 am

The question is, and remains, which comes first, the piezo [pressure] or the electric [plasma]?
Or is there ever one without the other? But I see the movement of the crust as producing the electric field changes associated with earthquakes, not the other way around... still looking to be persuaded otherwise!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Webolife,
The link I posted has suddenly been taken down, hmmmmmm????
I don't think it's an either or neither situation, more symbiotic, but the overall driver is the force permeating universe, all the rest is consequences.
I wonder what they don't want seen?
http://www.swisseduc.ch/stromboli/
try their search box for Iceland, all the links are down.
curiouser and curiouser?
Kevin

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 pm

That photo of the lightning discharge in the ash column was interesting. Or maybe it was the Devil's cigarette lighter?

Respectfully,
Dotini

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 am

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/1 ... ?th&emc=th

Very sorry for the double post. But I had to add this link (hopefully it works) showing mind boggling photos of lightning discharges in and around the erupting Iceland volcano.

Respectfully,
Dotini

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 am

Dotini,
Thanks for the link, wonderfull shots of the electrical nature of these events.
Kevin

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 am

And see today's beautiful APOD at
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 am

Fantastic volcanic lightning shots!!

Kevin said: "I don't think it's an either or neither situation, more symbiotic, but the overall driver is the force permeating universe, all the rest is consequences."

Yes! That is the crux of Robert A Smith's "punctual theory".
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

MrAmsterdam

Re: Earthlights / Cold Plasma?

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Interesting article - lab experiments - visual electric stimulation or hallucination--

http://arxiv.org/abs/1005.1153

Transcranial stimulability of phosphenes by long lightning electromagnetic pulses

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/19 ... in_images/

According to Josef Peer and Alexander Kendl of the University of Innsbruck, there is in fact no such thing as ball lightning in reality. Rather, powerful magnetic fields created by ordinary lightning affect the brains of humans nearby so that they see things which aren't there.

According to Peer and Kendl's calculations, a certain type of long-lasting repetitive lightning strike emits magnetic fields very similar to those used in transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) - a medical technique use to hotwire activity in the brain.

“In the clinical application of TMS, luminous and apparently real visual perceptions in varying shapes and colors within the visual field of the patients and test persons are reported and well examined,” says Kendl.
----

These guys are on the right track wit the experiments- but they still needs to explain blue lights on cameras....

But, Im surprised. transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) correlated with ball lightning...

My conclusion is that we were on the right track when we discussed ball lightning...it is emitting radiation in the EM (light), but also magnetic pulses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrani ... timulation

And again we find a phenomena being explained by plasma. Not only that, we also found a correlation between magnetic pulses and the working of the human brain. The names Tesla, Rife and Beck come into my mind.

Junglelord, think about this. Standing waves was a subject of ours in these posts....that in combination with electromagnetic workings of the brain makes a picture that baffles me...
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

MattEU

Re: Earthlights / Cold Plasma?

Unread post by MattEU » Fri May 21, 2010 2:59 am

earthlights or auroras, plasma balls or bombs ... pulsing magnetic waves

if things are scalable could it be a localised variation or part of the circuit? perhaps the "earthquake" version

Stan

Re: Gravity affected by plasma?

Unread post by Stan » Mon May 31, 2010 10:32 am

Hello group. This is my first post. I am 60 years, male with tech background in California. Been in ham radio since I was 13. Have been interested in astronomy for decades. Certainly became interested with electrical description of comets as explained by EU (does not mean Europe!, no slight to our European members).

What I wanted to comment is related to the post on earthquake lights. As you know, short wave radio signals will bounce off the ionosphere (heavyside layer for the older members). This propagation is referred to as "skip". Will get your siganls out 1000-2000 miles over the horizon per skip. I have heard two strange comments from fellow hams that an earthquake zone can effect the quality, it distorts the skip, of short wave transmissions. Not ALL THE TIME, somewhat like the eathquake light is not always present.

Perhaps it is because the ionsphere is electrical in nature so it can be distored by electrical fields. This is known to have happen. In the late 30's some commercial transmitters were transmitting much higher power levels than 50Kw, the effect was to "modulate" the "ionisphere". This cause the various reflecting radio signals to mix with each other and produce the sum and difference signals, "hetrodynes". I do wonder if anyone else here has heard of this.
(FMV 6-1-10: Moved to thread on similar topic.)

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Mon May 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Stan wrote:Hello group.
Hello Stan.
What I wanted to comment is related to the post on earthquake lights. As you know, short wave radio signals will bounce off the ionosphere (heavyside layer for the older members). This propagation is referred to as "skip". Will get your siganls out 1000-2000 miles over the horizon per skip. I have heard two strange comments from fellow hams that an earthquake zone can effect the quality, it distorts the skip, of short wave transmissions. Not ALL THE TIME, somewhat like the eathquake light is not always present.
This paper describes the same phenomenon (page 27):
  • High-frequency EM emissions that accompany corona discharges are also a plausible cause for the high-frequency noise, i.e., static, that has been noted for years by radio operators and airplane pilots prior to major earthquakes and that affected very wide areas before the large 1960 Chile and the 1964 ‘‘Good Friday’’ earthquake in Alaska - Rocks That Crackle and Sparkle and Glow: Strange Pre-Earthquake Phenomena
Maybe a low altitude high frequency EM emission is causing interference?
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Let me guess... Freund? Yep. :) Good stuff. He seems to be finding some interesting things about stressed rocks, electric currents, p-holes (positive holes, as referred to in the semi-conductor industry), etc.

Wouldn't surprise me too much if the ULF / ELF waves sometimes mentioned occurring in coincidence with earth quakes might somehow affect the ionosphere... Doesn't HAARP operate using arrays that emit ULF or ELF radio waves to affect the ionosphere? Don't want to get into conspiracy theories, just the technical particulars. Just wondering if they're doing the same thing artificially that maybe earthquakes do naturally with respect to influencing the ionosphere. Regardless whether you think they're just researchers or have some military-whatever agenda (not here to discuss that, just saying it sounds like a similar mechanism).

Cheers,
~MG
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:31 pm

MGmirkin wrote:Wouldn't surprise me too much if the ULF / ELF waves sometimes mentioned occurring in coincidence with earth quakes might somehow affect the ionosphere...
Lecture by Dr. Freund (0:41:35 - 0:49:57): Earths Many Voices a Unified Theory for Pre-Earthquake Signals

Some of his PAPERS
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:21 am

Stan wrote:Hello group. This is my first post. I am 60 years, male with tech background in California. Been in ham radio since I was 13. Have been interested in astronomy for decades. Certainly became interested with electrical description of comets as explained by EU (does not mean Europe!, no slight to our European members).

Perhaps it is because the ionsphere is electrical in nature so it can be distored by electrical fields. This is known to have happen. In the late 30's some commercial transmitters were transmitting much higher power levels than 50Kw, the effect was to "modulate" the "ionisphere". This cause the various reflecting radio signals to mix with each other and produce the sum and difference signals, "hetrodynes". I do wonder if anyone else here has heard of this.
(FMV 6-1-10: Moved to thread on similar topic.)
The things you describe remind me of the things discussed on this site:

http://broadcast.homestead.com

I would like you to tell us more.