Electric Earthquakes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

james weninger

Re: Electric Earthquakes

Unread post by james weninger » Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 am

I think it is the roughly 2 week delay between the electrical (moon + planets)trigger, and the actual earthquake that has caused earth scientists to miss the cause of earthquakes.
As an example, if you look at the huge indonesean earthquake of 12-26-2004, you must go back to the sky directly over the epicenter on 12-10-2004 to see the cause. A quick check using "Starry Night" astronomy software lets you see that from the epicenter (3N,96E),on 12-10-2004 the moon crossed Mars directly over the fault line,with Venus right there as well.
Using data from the U.S.G.S.,you can find dates and epicenters for most major earthquakes in the past. In the cases of major earthquakes (and major volcanic activity like Krakato) you will find that the moon and mars crossed in the sky very near zenith within the last two weeks of that event.
Now you may say that the moon and mars cross in the sky about once every month,so why are major earthquakes not occuring like clockwork every month? The answer is that the moon and mars don't cross in the sky directly over a major fault line each time. And rarely is another major planet in the same few degrees at the time.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed May 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Interesting idea... I tried to find some data about the relative position of Venus at that time, and it appears that Venus was on the far side of its orbit with respect to the earth, so I'm taking it from that that Venus and its magneto-tail were not major players in the tsunami disaster.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 pm

I find it interesting the assosciation between earthquakes and Tsunamis. I think it is roughly 49% of tsunamis are caused /assosciated with earthquakes with about 20% of Tsunamis having no known cause. The bit that raelly intrigued me was this :
torical Seismology of Next Generation. On Earthquake Tsunami Lightning in Historical Japanese Documents.
Accession number;99A0772645
Title;Historical Seismology of Next Generation. On Earthquake Tsunami Lightning in Historical Japanese Documents.
Author;ENOMOTO YUJI(Mech. Eng. Lab., Agency of Ind. Sci. and Technol.)
Journal Title;Journal of Geography
Journal Code:G0643A
ISSN:0022-135X
VOL.108;NO.4;PAGE.433-439(1999)
Figure&Table&Reference;FIG.1, TBL.1, REF.22
Pub. Country;Japan
Language;Japanese
Abstract;One of the intriguing events accompanying large tsunamis, especially those that strike the Pacific coasts of Japan, is the luminous phenomenon; many historical Japanese documents have described how fire balls or pillars of fire seemed to come out from the sea when tsunami approached. Among 17 events of large tsunamis from 684 to 1946, where the surface wave magnitude was greater than 8 or the tsunami magnitude was greater than 3, nine tsunami events accompanied luminous phenomena. In spite the event's high probability, few explanations have been offered as to the source mechanism except luminescent planktonic organisms, which is hardly plausible because luminous tsunamis have been eye-witnessed even in the winter season when such planktonic organisms are less active, and even in the daytime when the intensity of light emitted from planktonic organisms is unlikely to exceed the day-time brightness. Most tsunami earthquakes are thought to be associated with sediments in the accretionary prism. One recent important finding is that large volumes of stable methane hydrate are present within ocean-floor sediments at water depths exceeding about 500m at 10wer temperatures. When the equilibrium conditions of coupled low temperature and moderate hydrostatic pressure are disturbed by an earthquake, the hydrate abruptly decomposes. Conversely, a breakdown of hydrate may cause a further mass movement, and a cascading chain of events may occur. Some eye-witness reports in historical documents strongly suggest that luminous phenomena associated with tsunami are attributable to methane hydrate disruption, not others causes such as luminescent.
"well this sounds like rationalization at its best in the efforts to describe the fireball effects. Seems some sort of EU phenomena is happening. A bit like glows and discharges with earthquakes except they are highly mobile as if being affected by atravelling focus.It immediately came to mind that we were seeing the tsunami as an EU event and that the earthquakes didnt cause them but were assosciated phenomena These Tsunamis travel at rapid speed along a broad front. If we need to investigate apparently the Kamachatka peninsula has the highest rate of Tsunamis in the world( one every few years up to a hundred foot when it hits land . Tsunamis usaully occur mostly in the Pacific. One would think that a EU affect say from the Sun would ubiquitously affect the world. similarly planet conjunctions.Any thoughts anyone ???

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 am

Consider how an earthquake has an epicenter, and that either before or after the quake other slightly remote locales receive more moderate tremors/effects.

Imagine now that- rather than a plasma globe- you have an electrical arc striking a flat surface that is dielectric in composition. Rather than the arc conducting directly into the surface and following a path of least resistance, imagine that you rather have a Lichtenburg figurine-effect, of multiple current paths leading to the point of central charge/discharge.

Now image that these current paths are travelling just below the surface of the earth...

Would that explain some of the phenomena of earthquakes?

More to the point- we're talking about many layers of 'dielectric'- different levels of the atmosphere, then different layers of the crust. What happens when you have two different charges trying to equalize through multiple layers of dielectric? Do you get layer upon layer of multiple channels (like Lichtenburg figurines burned into a golf course green), or that and some arcs, and some diffusion, or what?

Does anyone know of any experiments that investigated something similar?

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Tzunamii

Typhoons trigger earthquakes on Taiwan

Unread post by Tzunamii » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 am

This hot off the press,
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
Surprised scientists say that typhoons which hit Taiwan unleash long, slow earthquakes, a phenomenon that may save the island from devastating temblors.
Seismologists installed movement sensors in boreholes at depths of 200-270 metres (650-870 feet) in eastern Taiwan, monitoring a spot where two mighty plates, the Philippine Sea Plate and the Eurasian plate, bump and jostle in an oblique, dipping fault.

Over five years, researchers saw a remarkable link between tropical storms and "slow" earthquakes, a seismic beast first identified three decades ago.

Slow quakes entail a slippage in the fault that unfolds progressively over hours or days, rather than a sudden, violent release of the kind that destroys buildings and lives.

The sensors noted 20 such slow earthquakes, 11 of which coincided with typhoons, during the study period.

The 11 quakes were all stronger and characterised by more complex seismic waveforms than other "slow" events.

"These data are unequivocal in identifying typhoons as triggers of these slow quakes. The probability that they coincide by chance is vanishingly small," said co-author Alan Linde of the Carnegie Institution for Science in the United States.

As possible electrical causes has been discussed on these forums for both Typhoons (hurricanes) & earthquakes, how does this information fit in?
What implications does it have for EU, & the various expanding earth theories out there?

redeye

Re: Typhoons trigger earthquakes on Taiwan

Unread post by redeye » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 am

Over five years, researchers saw a remarkable link between tropical storms and "slow" earthquakes, a seismic beast first identified three decades ago.
How could a typhoon possibly affect the movement of continental plates? This should be read as a falsification of contintal plate theory and the idea that earthquakes are caused by such things.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:43 am

redeye wrote:How could a typhoon possibly affect the movement of continental plates? This should be read as a falsification of contintal plate theory and the idea that earthquakes are caused by such things.
It's not about typhoons, per se, but rather, the immense electrical activity that spawns, or at least facilitates, ALL weather - both atmospheric and subterranean; typhoons, quakes, volcanoes. . . politicians. . . :?
It's all about perception.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am

StevenJay wrote:typhoons, quakes, volcanoes. . . politicians. . . :?
Equating politicians with a force of nature? :shock: Eep!

~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

:mrgreen:

That connects the dots between the recent studies measuring the EM component/trigger in earthquakes, and one study that discovered a direct correlation, in hurricanes, between changes in lightning activity and corresponding changes in wind speeds ~30 hrs. later. As well as the studies of ionospheric discharge transferring energy into storms explaining why lightning is more powerful than charge separation from friction can account for. There is also a study showing a relationship with sunspots and global annual lightning activity.

So nice of them to prove EU theory for us. Independent corroboration adds a great deal of legitimacy for the EU. We should send them 'thank you' cards, or something. :?
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 pm

MGmirkin wrote:Equating politicians with a force of nature? :shock: Eep!
Not at all! They're merely unconscious by-products of a force of nature. It's why so many of them are so-o-o delusional. :P
It's all about perception.

willyex

Unread post by willyex » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 am

What is a tsunami, how is it formed and when was the last recent tsunami? When was the last tsunami and how does it happen ?

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:54 am

Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:33 pm

solrey wrote::mrgreen:

That connects the dots between the recent studies measuring the EM component/trigger in earthquakes, and one study that discovered a direct correlation, in hurricanes, between changes in lightning activity and corresponding changes in wind speeds ~30 hrs. later. As well as the studies of ionospheric discharge transferring energy into storms explaining why lightning is more powerful than charge separation from friction can account for. There is also a study showing a relationship with sunspots and global annual lightning activity.

So nice of them to prove EU theory for us. Independent corroboration adds a great deal of legitimacy for the EU. We should send them 'thank you' cards, or something. :?
What about that one post regarding those plasma bands radiating ultraviolet that they took a photo of? I was trying to correlate the locations of knots (presumably instabilities) in the bands with geographic locations associated with charge equalization around the globe. One of those locations was out in the water between Japan and the mainland there... right above the 'tectonic plate joint' there. I'd suggested that maybe tectonic joints were not areas of subduction, but rather lines of conduction- as of telluric current pathways that were heating up rock and causing vibrations leading to seismic activity.

Well, what if the tectonic joint is actually an area where charge equalization likes to pop through (path of least resistance)? Pops out of the ocean floor, surges through the seawater, arcs to the thunderstorms above, pops some blue jets and elves up through the remaining atmosphere, and connects with the knots in the plasma bands circling the globe! Complete circuit map!!

Of course I have absolutely no proof of any of this, but it sounds good to me 8-)

Mike H.
Mike H.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 pm

I like your thinking, Mike H. Though I am not qualified to say if your ideas are correct or not, they seem plausible. Even if not correct, then this type of thinking may at least trigger ideas in other folks minds, which leads us all onwards in our quest for the bigger picture. Of course, ideas like these could also get you 'sent down', to the NIAMI board. Keep those ideas coming!
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Of course, ideas like these could also get you 'sent down', to the NIAMI board...
Mother!! :shock:
Mike H.