Electric Jupiter

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Electric Jupiter

Unread postby comingfrom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Juno Jupiter Probe Won't Move into Shorter Orbit After All

NASA's Juno spacecraft won't move into a closer orbit around Jupiter as originally planned, agency officials announced today (Feb. 17).

Juno slipped into a highly elliptical, 53-Earth-day-long orbit around Jupiter when it arrived at the giant planet on July 4, 2016. The probe was supposed to perform an engine burn in October to reduce its orbital period to 14 days, but an issue with two helium valves postponed that maneuver.

The engine burn has now been canceled, meaning Juno will stay where it is through the end of its mission.


And further in the article, something of interest to EU theory.
Juno has conducted four close flybys since arriving at Jupiter — on Aug. 27, Oct. 19, and Dec. 11, 2016, and Feb. 2, 2017. These encounters have already revealed that Jupiter's magnetic field and auroras are more powerful than scientists had thought, and that the bands and belts visible at the planet's cloud tops actually extend deep into the interior.


And, NASA's Juno photo gallery;
Photos: NASA's Juno mission to Jupitor

Of the 47 images provided, only 11 are of Jupiter from Juno, 3 of these being long distant shots. The rest of the images are diagrams, artists' impressions, a photo of the NASA crew celebrating, and even a photo of some Lego® pieces they sent onboard Juno.

(wha!?)
No, don't worry about checking if all the valves work properly, but make sure you don't forget to get them Lego® toys onboard.
Aye, aye, sir.
User avatar
comingfrom
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:11 pm
Location: NSW, Australia

Juno Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter

Unread postby querious » Thu May 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Ok, this is weird...

From NASA's Juno Spacecraft Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter
-The gas giant is getting really weird.

...Connerney and his colleagues thought Jupiter's light-show was due to a similar downward flow of electrons pouring into the Jovian atmosphere.

But Juno's instruments revealed a whole other story. The Jovian aurorae are powered by the electrons being sucked out of the planet's polar region, which basically means that Jupiter powers its light-show all on its own.

"It's a 180-degree reversal of what we were originally assuming," Connerney told ScienceAlert. "We never expected to see such strong auroral emissions caused by electrons being channelled out of the polar region."
querious
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: Juno Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter

Unread postby Lloyd » Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 am

I've been wanting to know since a few years ago how large are the solid parts of the gas giants. They seem to be saying now that the gravity measurements suggest that Jupiter doesn't have a very solid core, but that it's slushy or indistinct and from 7 to 25 Earth masses. That seems kind of small. If Jupiter lost all its gaseous atmosphere, the remaining core would probably be not over 24,000 miles in diameter. I guess that's not so small, about the size of the smaller gas giants. I wonder if the slushy core would consolidate into a rocky body.
Lloyd
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: Juno Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter

Unread postby D_Archer » Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 am

querious wrote:Ok, this is weird...

From NASA's Juno Spacecraft Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter
-The gas giant is getting really weird.

...Connerney and his colleagues thought Jupiter's light-show was due to a similar downward flow of electrons pouring into the Jovian atmosphere.

But Juno's instruments revealed a whole other story. The Jovian aurorae are powered by the electrons being sucked out of the planet's polar region, which basically means that Jupiter powers its light-show all on its own.

"It's a 180-degree reversal of what we were originally assuming," Connerney told ScienceAlert. "We never expected to see such strong auroral emissions caused by electrons being channelled out of the polar region."


I think they are jumping the gun with this, electrons go both ways, there is a Birkeland current here, counter rotation and in and out flows of charged particles, the probe probably just went over a region where more electrons came out then in, they should be able to pick up variations...... :?

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -
User avatar
D_Archer
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Juno Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter

Unread postby D_Archer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:21 am

Lloyd wrote:I've been wanting to know since a few years ago how large are the solid parts of the gas giants. They seem to be saying now that the gravity measurements suggest that Jupiter doesn't have a very solid core, but that it's slushy or indistinct and from 7 to 25 Earth masses. That seems kind of small. If Jupiter lost all its gaseous atmosphere, the remaining core would probably be not over 24,000 miles in diameter. I guess that's not so small, about the size of the smaller gas giants. I wonder if the slushy core would consolidate into a rocky body.


Hi Lloyd,

The blue color at the poles is interesting*, i tried to find what EU can say about this, but did not find anything.

*https://www.sciencealert.com/images/2017-05/Juno2.jpg

I think because of the Birkeland current action, the material that are more on the inside of Jupiter can more easily be seen at the poles because they would uplift more... just an idea. Could the core consolidate into a rock body, yes, sure why not, it would take a long time i think.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -
User avatar
D_Archer
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Juno Just Shattered What We Knew About Jupiter

Unread postby kodybatill » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm

D_Archer wrote:
Lloyd wrote:I've been wanting to know since a few years ago how large are the solid parts of the gas giants. They seem to be saying now that the gravity measurements suggest that Jupiter doesn't have a very solid core, but that it's slushy or indistinct and from 7 to 25 Earth masses. That seems kind of small. If Jupiter lost all its gaseous atmosphere, the remaining core would probably be not over 24,000 miles in diameter. I guess that's not so small, about the size of the smaller gas giants. I wonder if the slushy core would consolidate into a rocky body.


Hi Lloyd,

The blue color at the poles is interesting*, i tried to find what EU can say about this, but did not find anything.

*https://www.sciencealert.com/images/2017-05/Juno2.jpg

I think because of the Birkeland current action, the material that are more on the inside of Jupiter can more easily be seen at the poles because they would uplift more... just an idea. Could the core consolidate into a rock body, yes, sure why not, it would take a long time i think.

Regards,
Daniel


I believe the white blue color to be Magnesium type elements and the black blue to be Calcium type elements. For these to be on the north and south poles - means that a lot of inert gases, seeming to mostly be the white-yellow of Niton/Neon type - are moving so close to Magnesium - that the positrons or colors around opposites being taken by the Niton type inert gases - are slowing down to have a noticeable wall between the calcium which is leaving behind all positrons or colors around opposites - and the rest of the yellow-white Niton type gases of taking positrons or colors around opposites of it's surface. The connection between positrons/colors around opposites, and protons, is magnetism.
Then the bands of white/orange would be fluorine type elements of moving heat when ever only some positrons are left behind - and the black orange would be chlorine type elements of slowing down orbits so that infra-red connections can be made for a longer amount of time.
This would mean that Jupiter's purpose is along the lines of - creating heat, from the slowing down of Niton, which pushes pressure on water, of a type that separates calcium from magnesium - and so also similar positrons separated from similar positrons.

I would say that Jupiter contains at it's center a lot of hydrogen at 90 degrees to either first generation silicon type elements, or first generation electron neutrinos. This design itself brings out the brightness of positrons or colors around opposites - which seems like would be guided by the similar blue positrons or colors around opposites of calcium and magnesium, by being split at any range of moments of 90 degrees being formed between their own positrons - hence leading to direct resonant communication between the surface and possible 90 degree electron neutrino-silicon/hydrogen center.
Jupiter creates interstellar magnesium type neutrons which as well as becoming brighter than most magnesium because of the silicon-hydrogen center - also pushes against Niton which creates the well known (to atomic physicists) - effect of a Universal pressure on all water - which now with brighter colors - create neutrons that across a very wide spectra - push against water, possibly more than a more massive star, if it was not created in the same way - mainly to say, Jupiter is pushing against water more than a larger star that is lower in Niton water pressure elements.

What does this means for EU?
Probably that when electric forces slow down, they merge with water.
kodybatill
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: Electric Jupiter

Unread postby AltClut » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 pm

still unable to call it what it is, this feels like it could be progress though... potentially

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-jupiter-a ... stery.html
Scientists on NASA's Juno mission have observed massive amounts of energy swirling over Jupiter's polar regions that contribute to the giant planet's powerful aurora - only not in ways the researchers expected.

Examining data collected by the ultraviolet spectrograph and energetic-particle detector instruments aboard the Jupiter-orbiting Juno spacecraft, a team led by Barry Mauk of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, Maryland, observed signatures of powerful electric potentials, aligned with Jupiter's magnetic field, that accelerate electrons toward the Jovian atmosphere at energies up to 400,000 electron volts. This is 10 to 30 times higher than the largest auroral potentials observed at Earth, where only several thousands of volts are typically needed to generate the most intense aurora—known as discrete aurora—the dazzling, twisting, snake-like northern and southern lights seen in places like Alaska and Canada, northern Europe, and many other northern and southern polar regions.

Image

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-jupiter-a ... stery.html
AltClut
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:32 am
Location: Scotland

Previous

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests