kimberlite pipes and the EU?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

kimberlite pipes and the EU?

Unread postby old timer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Petrology of inclusions in type II diamond indicates they form at 650km depth or deeper. Diamond bearing kimberlites are restricted to Archean cratons, far from recent or existing subduction zones, so the standard "ring of fire" model for volcanism doesn't apply to kimberlites. What is not known is how volcanism is triggered from such depths under stable cratons. Could an electrical (plasma) discharge from deep in the upper mantle be responsible for triggering the short lived phreatomagmatic volcanism that is characteristic of kimberlites?

Craters that are likely due to plasma events often have a second smaller crater that overlaps the initial larger crater. This is due to a second, weaker plasma strike. Kimberlites often have a second, smaller phase. Could this be due to a second electrical (plasma?) discharge shortly after the initial discharge?
old timer

Re: kimberlite pipes and the EU?

Unread postby GaryN » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi old timer, and welcome to the TB forums. Kimberlite pipes are electrical in nature according to TB models, and there is a TPOD here:

The Electrical Origin of Kimberlite Pipes
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/ ... erlite.htm
What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious for me alone: if I unveil it to anyone else, he hears mere words which betray the living sense: Profanation, but never revelation.
~ Egyptian Proverbs
GaryN

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science