Pan, shepherd moon of Saturn

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Pan, shepherd moon of Saturn

Unread postby comingfrom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:29 am

On the news, new close ups of Pan, moon of Saturn.
So I googled it to find out more.

Can see the pictures at NY Times article
(images too large to insert here)

What caught my attention was ...

Pan is one of Saturn’s shepherd moons, clearing out a 200-mile-wide space in Saturn’s rings known as the Encke Gap.

Still, it didn't click with me until, right at the end of the article, they mentioned ...

In January, during a flyby of Daphnis, another of the shepherd moons, Cassini was able to successfully take only one photograph.

And I read the caption with the picture.

Cassini took this image of Daphnis, a 5-mile-wide moon, in January. Daphnis’ gravity also opened a gap in Saturn’s rings and created the scalloped wave pattern at the ring edges. Credit NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute

On reading that I thought, what? "gravity opened a gap in the rings".
Gravity is a force of attraction. Isn't it?
I think it must be Daphnis' (and Pan's) electric field that clears the dust in it's orbital path, by repelling it.

~Paul
comingfrom

Re: Pan, shepherd moon of Saturn

Unread postby GaryN » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

From some angles, Pans disk appears clearly hexagonal, pointing to EM effects. Over time it would likely be observed that the disk will grow as a result of the electrically charged dust in the rings being sputtered onto Pan. Quite low eV energies are required for the process
What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious for me alone: if I unveil it to anyone else, he hears mere words which betray the living sense: Profanation, but never revelation.
~ Egyptian Proverbs
GaryN

Unread postby viscount aero » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:28 am

Yea NASA/JPL, et al, uses gravity like duct tape. Gravity "clears out" everything. Really? Saturnian ring gaps are not created by "gravity." The rings, like the planet body, is a harmonic body created by EM vibration.
viscount aero

Unread postby nick c » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Several posts dealing with an off topic subject have been moved to a more appropriate thread here.
nick c

Unread postby webolife » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:15 pm

It does seem rather odd to consider these tiny moons clearing out a ring gap by gravity [analogous to say Jupiter or Saturn clearing out heir local orbits by attracting a large entourage of hardware into their vicinity in the form of satellites, Trojans, etc.], especially considering that other Panish-sized moons are seen rather to be discharging material to form rings!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Unread postby comingfrom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:35 pm

If it were true (clearing out a ring gap by gravity) then we already had examples of gravitational waves.

This is a picture of Daphnis

~
Atlas Is Even More Flying Saucery Than Pan

~Paul
comingfrom

Unread postby webolife » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 am

Pan and Atlas, and other shepherd moons may be clearing their respective orbital paths, but it would seem to be more of an electrical effect, "waking" as they do the ring material ahead as well as behind in their revolution, by what appears to me as a repulsion and rebounding oscillation.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science