Energy required to arc blast the creation of mountains?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Energy required to arc blast the creation of mountains?

Unread postby Morphix » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Just watched Andrew Hall's 2016 presentation "The Arc Blasted Earth." Wondering if someone has calculated how much energy it would take to form mountain ranges via shockwaves from giant thunderbolts between planets? That is where my skepticism needs some figures to show that there could be enough of a difference in potential, enough to basically vaporize the land and blow it into the forming of buttresses and mountsins. Do those calculations exist to reasonably support the hypothesis?
Morphix

Re: Energy required to arc blast the creation of mountains?

Unread postby Morphix » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Seems like a readonable question. If a 1 mile high mountain range was arc blasted into place, would there also not be long, linear depressions runninG paralell, from whence the material came? Or if mountains were carved by removing material from the previous plain, how could such plains extend for such great distances at the same level? Just simple questions that I think fall under planetary science. Answers? Guesses?
Morphix

Unread postby webolife » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Since the definitions of sedimentary rock formations have been long studied and described, and the dynamics of erosion and deposition can be demonstrated in the lab and observed in nature, it falls upon the EDM-ers to account for these and many similar questions. It is not enough to point to mythology, then try to twist nature into literal contortions to make it fit our interpretations of the myths. The plausibility question runs very high on my list of quandaries about the EU. It has not been tested or verified mathematically, and only the interpretations of pictures that MAY represent first hand observations of natural phenomenon, which MAY have been interplanetary electric discharges, which MAY have happened in historic times... that form the basis for EU catastrophism. I'm a catastrophist myself, and would love to hear some positive, scientific, confirmative evidenciary supports for their mega-EDM crust forming mechanisms. Been here for a few years. Haven't heard it yet. Still hoping though.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Unread postby GaryN » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm a catastrophist myself, and would love to hear some positive, scientific, confirmative evidenciary supports for their mega-EDM crust forming mechanisms. Been here for a few years. Haven't heard it yet. Still hoping though.

What kind of evidence are you looking for?
Morphix
Do those calculations exist to reasonably support the hypothesis?

About 32.7 Duotrigintillion watts I think. ;)
Everything you've learned in school as 'obvious' becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines. - Bucky
GaryN

Unread postby webolife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 am

GaryN wrote:What kind of evidence are you looking for?

The fairest of all questions.
My catastrophism is based on observable and reproducible processes that create features like what we see in nature in short time periods in the lab. My premise is that these quick processes in the lab can be applied to earth history in place of the gradualistic paradigm of the standard model. For a while in my thinking the argument seemed to be catastrophism vs. gradualism, but more and more I have come to see it as observable catastrophic processes vs. observable gradual processes being the main contributors to earth history, and finding the catastrophic evidences more weighty.
I don't see planetary sized EDM happening anywhere, just ET surface features that do not have exact analogs on the earth. It's of course fun to speculate what sort of causes and effects come to bear in conditions of unique or no atmospheres, and to imagine what might happen if huge voltage differentials were to build up between astronomical bodies [and what might cause that?]. I'm fascinated by the scenarios presented by EU-ers in this regard, and if any of them were able to be verified it would be a great enhancement to my own view. Our late Michael Steinbacher pushed further into this than many were willing to go by trying to apply some of those scenarios to earth history. I admire him for that, but frankly am unconvinced that those explanations have greater merit than attributing earth's features to processes we can all observe.
I can buy the electric sun hypothesis as a working model, and see applications of the interplanetary, interstellar and intergalactic Birkland current theme... I love upper atmosphere sprites and ELVES as evidencing the electrical environment of our planet; but these processes seem to be in a state of dynamic equilibrium, with no bursts or catastrophic episodes yet to be seen in play anywhere, particularly of the EDM variety. Squatter Man, if a plasmoid observed by terrestrial skygazers, would have to have been seen from the side, but why is the huge body that would have been responsible for such a discharge never depicted with "him"? And that is a small issue compared with the huge volume of presuppositions that have gone into so much of the EU mythology. So I'm skeptical for now.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Unread postby Morphix » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Seriously, what I would like to know is how much electrical energy is required to remove or relocate cubic miles of material, and much more if Mars had half its surface reduced by miles in depth and blown into space. Can someone out there relate the energy required to a correspinding difference in potential between two planets? How long would it take, given a reasonable difference in potential? Remember, any difference in charge is reduced with every discharge. Have these things been calculated and put forth by EU proponents?
Morphix

Unread postby Morphix » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Over three weeks since I posted this question about energy required to arc blast mountains. Same question for craters, rills, canyons etc. Anyone come across or capable of calculating an aswer to this? To my mind this is basic to the EU hypothesis that interplanetary electrical discharges are responsible for major surface features of many planets and moons. Anyone?
Morphix

Unread postby nick c » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:09 am

Morphix,
Some preliminary calculations were done by Ralph Juergens in several articles in the 1970's.
http://saturniancosmology.org/juergensa.htm
http://saturniancosmology.org/juergensb.htm

On a small scale electrical discharge machining can be observed in a lab and as a common industrial process.
So therefore, the process is not hypothetical but rather one that has been observed in many situations.

One of the principles of plasma processes is that they are scalable. So if you are looking for calculations I think the place to start is with the process in a lab and then scale it upwards.

Perhaps the prerequisite question that you should pose is: Are these plasma processes scalable as claimed?
If the answer is 'yes' then a person with a mathematical inclination can take the next step and scale the process up to planetary levels.
nick c

Unread postby webolife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Nick,
I think you've hit right on my issue with the planetary scale EDM mechanism. In the EU paradigm, we are hoping/looking for a unified field theory, so the principle is that astronomical [and for that matter atomic] events should be able to be modeled at the laboratory scale. Considering the amount of voltage used in lab plasma experiments, is there in evidence enough capacitance when scaled up to interplanetary fields to accomplish the kinds of EDM planetary shaping that is being hypothesized? Where is that evidence? Scaling is the key.
webolife

Unread postby Morphix » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Thank you nick and webolife for your response. If I were an engineer or scientist familiar with plasma etching Iand how that scales up and relates to geolocical materials, would have made the calculations already. Guess I was thinking that prominent proponents who have the requisite knowledge and skill would already have done this! I have over and over seen all those dramatic EU artists' renderings of gigantic discharges between planets, so assumed there must already have been calculations done. If there have not been then I will be dissapointed. Hoping someone with that information notices this discussion:)
Morphix

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science