Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Ceres!

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Actually, the curious thing is what this is doing in the Ceres thread...
Note to self: Try closing some tabs now and again maybe. :D I'm sure the mods can move it.
Of course it will be interesting to see if there is anything left to land if the activity gets as lively around there as they are thinking it will.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:48 am

GaryN wrote:
Actually, the curious thing is what this is doing in the Ceres thread...
Note to self: Try closing some tabs now and again maybe. :D I'm sure the mods can move it.
Of course it will be interesting to see if there is anything left to land if the activity gets as lively around there as they are thinking it will.
Crash and burn would be cool.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

I short video of a Ceres flyover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaLVAl-ObY#t=54
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Some new images. Finally getting a bit closer to the bright patches. Also, a new overall image of an entire hemisphere.

Ceres' Southern Hemisphere

Bright Anomalies

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 pm

still going with ash pits

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:06 am

I used the HiView image viewer to zoom-in on the bright regions. They look more like mounds to me -- with cracks or gullies of some kind on the margin of the largest spot.

Zoom

And, here's the latest image:

Ceres' Northern Hemisphere

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 am

11/6

From:http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia//images/ceres.html

Nice discharge features methinks, also on the rim at 10/11 O'Clock

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:53 am

Discharge from what?

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 am

Steve Smith wrote:Discharge from what?
I maintain the bright spots are electrical discharges. It is interaction of the solar wind with the surface.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:00 am

This image appears to confirm the idea that the bright material is a powder that is beneath a darker surface.

Reflective powder

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:02 am

I maintain the bright spots are electrical discharges. It is interaction of the solar wind with the surface.
The solar wind is so diffuse that I don't see how it will discharge to a surface that is at equilibrium with its environment. I can see discharges in the past, but nothing today.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 am

Steve Smith wrote:This image appears to confirm the idea that the bright material is a powder that is beneath a darker surface.

Reflective powder
The images are really overexposed, Ceres is really dark so any slighly brighter material would show up, but pure white? I dont think so, and even in the best pictures so far, the white is still blurry while the rest is clear, you can see the surface features pretty well, reflection is really not that likely.
Steve Smith wrote:
The solar wind is so diffuse that I don't see how it will discharge to a surface that is at equilibrium with its environment. I can see discharges in the past, but nothing today.
equilibrium? No, there is never equilibrium not in an Electric Universe, it is dynamic, just as when suddenly asteroids grow tails. That is probably CME and sudden influx of ions/electrons. Any body would always react with a steady stream and/or disjointed stream of ions/electrons. The moon is an example where there are always 'transient lunar phenomenon' happening.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:12 am

always 'transient lunar phenomenon' happening.

Regards,
Daniel

HIGH-SPEED INTERPLANETARY PARTICLES COLLIDE
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/87973 ... ce?ref=yfp

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:17 am

No, there is never equilibrium not in an Electric Universe, it is dynamic, just as when suddenly asteroids grow tails. That is probably CME and sudden influx of ions/electrons. Any body would always react with a steady stream and/or disjointed stream of ions/electrons. The moon is an example where there are always 'transient lunar phenomenon' happening.
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, and the vast majority of my articles argue for electrodynamic reformation of planets and moons -- maybe in the last 10,000 years. However, Ceres is a different matter. The features you're looking at don't suggest electrical activity to me, they continue to resemble bright subsurface material or externally deposited material that's brighter than the surroundings.

Bright Deposits

I don't know what the potential is for overexposure by the framing camera, and there isn't a lot of analysis about that -- more digging in the Vesta archive might be necessary to see if that kind of artifact was noticed.

The suggestion that there are collimated solar filaments with energy sufficient to create glow discharges on the surface of Ceres is probably obvious in an Electric Universe discussion forum, and I'm not trying to squelch the idea. There isn't enough resolution at this point. In December, Dawn will be about 250 klicks about the surface, so I think we'll know by then what the bright anomalies are.

This image from yesterday is somewhat enigmatic, as well, but looks like reflective material to me.

Reflective Mound

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 am

HIGH-SPEED INTERPLANETARY PARTICLES COLLIDE
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/87973 ... ce?ref=yfp
Lunar Charge Distribution

For that to happen, a magnetotail from Earth charges the Moon's regolith. The diffuse nature of the solar wind impinging on Ceres isn't equivalent to the power transfer from Earth to the Moon.

Lunar Magnetic Anomalies

The bright, powdery surface deposits on the Moon could be from what happened to the Solar System in the recent past. Maybe the same kind of activity occurred on Ceres, producing similar powdery deposits.