Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Ceres' Temporary Atmosphere Linked to Solar Activity

Unread postby webolife » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 pm

I thought I responded to this already, perhaps on another "comet" thread, but I'll summarize my thinking here. NASA thinks [er, wants to believe -- confirmation bias] that energetic solar particles are making pre-existent water on Ceres more volatile; but similar studies on the Moon, comets, etc. suggest rather an energetic combination of solar "protons" with hydroxyls present on the planetoids, producing transient water. How does this square with your thinking, RM?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Re: Ceres' Temporary Atmosphere Linked to Solar Activity

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 am

webolife wrote:I thought I responded to this already, perhaps on another "comet" thread, but I'll summarize my thinking here. NASA thinks [er, wants to believe -- confirmation bias] that energetic solar particles are making pre-existent water on Ceres more volatile; but similar studies on the Moon, comets, etc. suggest rather an energetic combination of solar "protons" with hydroxyls present on the planetoids, producing transient water. How does this square with your thinking, RM?

Consensus science, and I place NASA in this category, see primordial water everywhere. This water, in my opinion, is created in situ and electrically as you outlined- there are no dirty snowballs or hidden oceans.

The process driving geological activity on comets, asteroids, terrestrial planets and moons is an electric discharge. Depending on the characteristics of the body (and its environment) taking part in the discharge determines how that activity appears to an observer. On Mercury we find ‘hollows’, on Io we find ‘volcanoes’, on Enceladus we find ‘tiger stripes’, on Triton we find ‘geysers’, Venus and Mars ‘losing their atmosphere’ and so on, when we look at the Earth an increasing number of researchers are looking at the link between solar activity and earthquakes.

Following mainstream science we find small bodies ‘form’ atmospheres whilst larger bodies ‘lose’ atmospheres, their language would suggest different processes yet it is a discharge producing both these effects. The findings at Ceres only serve to confirm that all activity in the solar system, geological or otherwise, is ultimately electrical in nature.
Robertus Maximus

Previous

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science