Archeology and Ancient Human Activity

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ancientd

Re: Submerged ancient caves, pyramids, sites, cities, etc.

Unread post by ancientd » Sun May 03, 2009 6:59 pm

This is a great topic McG. In my experience both changed sea levels globally and local sinkings are equally in play. For instance it is well documented that Alexandria in Egypt suffered a transgression and much of it sank beneath the sea around 400AD ( still there for all to see).However Naucratus on the same Nile Delta country is nowadays 15 miles inland.Explain that to the uniformatarians. Also around the Black Sea circa 1000BC ( depending on the chronology you go by ) there was a major sea transgression and cities ( or parts of it again sunk beneath the sea. If you ever get to read the ancient texts by Strabo ( the Geographies if memory serves me correctly ) you will read of cities tearing away from the Greek mainland many miles and then sinking( these around 1000 BC), Islands such as Rhodes arising out of the Mediterranean etc. Herodotus tells us of the formation of huge lakes by the sea in Libya.Great read. These seem in general however to be more local in nature as distinct from a general see change. Here in Melbourne the huge inland sea of Port Phillip Bay ( according to the local Bunerong Aboriginals ) was formed during a huge Hurricane when the headlands opened up ,the land sunk and the sea rushed in.Many supporting myths also appear mentioning lances from the sky and the falling of rocks and the appearance of Auroras ( as the chroniclers interpreted it .All great EU phenomena) I wont go into Atlantis otherwise a mob scene of hecklers will appear. However a general rise in water levels is a larger event . Most scientists seem to love this idea of more water being locked up in the Antarctic but considering it already has 5kilometers of the stuff piled on top its Eastern half ( and growing not melting)I'd have to doubt that, particularly as the Piri Ris maps and Orontius Finius maps point to it being ice free 2-4 thousand years ago. So maybe the land dropped? However regarding caves and cities carved into rock - it strikes me as the ideal way to avoid anything from bolides to ,sand formed in z pinches, to thunderbolts , electromagnetic radiation and considering there are ( according to our good friends schaeffer and amos nur ) 5 or more destruction layers in the middle east and beyond I'd head for the caves

Jaythree

Unread post by Jaythree » Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 pm

David Talbott wrote:Again, good job Michael. I can remember, around the the mid-eighties, a somewhat poignant conversation with Ev Cochrane, who had read the Saturn Myth in 1980 and subsequently emerged as a superb researcher on the subject. He asked me what I thought of the famous cave art of Europe. I said, simply, nostalgia. The artists were, in their protected environment, celebrating the only natural world they had come to know. Human were not yet glancing backwards at the elaborate sequence of cosmic events from which the myths arose. They simply yearned to recover the pastoral environment that existed before everything changed.
David Talbott
Sorry to join this thread so late, but about 20 years ago I visited many of the caves (Lascaux, Pech Merle, et al) in the Dordogne region in France looking for Velikovskian correlations. Many significant features of the caves go unreported because paleolithic researchers generally fixate on the paintings "merely" as primitive art. But at least half the cave inscriptions are complex diagrams above a horizon, apparently progressive arcs of objects, and the familiar "red hands" (the result of paint sprayed over spread fingers) look very cometary in their placement. At least as interesting are the sleeping arrangements outside the mouths of some caves...scooped out troughs with enormous stone lintels weighing many tons dragged over the troughs to protect the occupants from something. The guides claim these roofs kept the rain off but a little thatching would have been more effective and a lot less work. As for the art, aside from its intelligent beauty, many paintings consist of animal images worked into almost abstract geometric shapes...for example, a pair of exquisite bison, red and gray, almost perfectly circular when you stop to consider, and seemingly representing day and night aspects of the same subject. Another drawing shows apparently dead animals and people lying on the ground while streaks of something slant from the sky. The guides explain the streaks as arrows but the context makes this implausible. My impression was that the cave dwellers were contemporary eye-witnesses of catastrophe-in-process.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 am

Humans naturally tend to live around water; it thus figures that most evidence of pre-flood human habitation is going to be beneath the waves in our present world.

Two things I'd keep in mind here would be Elaine Morgan's Aquatic Ape thesis, which I find believable, and the question of battleship guns. I've read that something like 80% of the military targets our armed forces might ever have wanted to hit in the world were within the range of the Iowa-class ships' guns.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon May 04, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Jaythree,
My impression was that the cave dwellers were contemporary eye-witnesses of catastrophe-in-process.
Yes, and the caves were their fallout shelters. I don't think humans would generally choose to live in caves, ala the stereotypical caveman, except under catastrophic necessity. [The story of the destruction of the cities of the plain (Genesis 19:30) tells how Lot and his daughters fled to a mountain and took refuge in a cave.]

After a particular catastrophic period ended and a period of 'normalcy' began, the caves might have become ceremonial sacred places in remembrance of their value to the survivors.

nick c

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon May 04, 2009 1:13 pm

The submerged city of [url2=http://www.hinducounciluk.org/newsite/c ... waraka.pdf]Dwaraka[/url2] (India) as narrated in the Mahabharat:
The sea, which had been beating against the shores, suddenly broke the boundary that was imposed on it by nature. The sea rushed into the city. It coursed through the streets of the beautiful city. The sea covered up everything in the city. I saw the beautiful buildings becoming submerged one by one. In a matter of a few moments it was all over. The sea had now become as placid as a lake. There was no trace of the city. Dwaraka was just a name; just a memory."
Lost City in Gulf of Cambay:
Marine scientists say archaeological remains discovered 36 metres (120 feet) underwater in the Gulf of Cambay off the western coast of India could be over 9,000 years old.

The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1768109.stm
I would not put much stock in the chronology, however, it is ancient and may turn out to be Dwaraka.
also:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1345150.stm
http://www.morien-institute.org/uwnewsa ... nar_cambay

nick c

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon May 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Dordogne cave ancient art
Dordogne stalactites - These are different from what I've seen before. Lots of right angle branches, sort of similar to the giant crystal caves.

Joe Keenan

Re: Arctic Scarring?

Unread post by Joe Keenan » Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Some info on the geology of the Arctic:

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/forecaster_h ... tic.02.pdf

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

* This is the best explanation of crust displacement that I've seen.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1462&p=20712#p20712
* Here's the entire thread.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1462
I would guess that the explanation will be that ocean currents carved out those channels.
* I don't think ocean currents can carve out channels on the ocean floors and continental shelf slopes. It's more likely that most such surface features were carved out electrically. The ocean basins were apparently empty 5,000 years ago when electric discharges carved out most of Earth's features. See TPODs on rilles, canyons etc.
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/00subjectx.htm#Rilles
* The ocean trenches might best be explained by "Shock Dynamics" as at the first 2 links above or at http://newgeology.us

Joe Keenan

Unread post by Joe Keenan » Fri May 08, 2009 7:00 pm

It would be interesting to map the ocean bed scarring and see if either a common point of origin, or, a terminus could be identified.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 pm

In regards to Arctic scarring and some previous analyses, you should check out the TPoD archive by subject, and go down to the Earth Geology section.

Here's some links to TPoD's regarding the Northern hemisphere:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... shield.htm

http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2007/arch ... ouagan.htm

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... vsnoor.htm

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... ndarcs.htm
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I left a post, which may have fallen into a bl---k ho--, no, I wondered what that loop is on the bottom of Monterey Canyon?

Total Science

Ancient Plasma Cosmology

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am

"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by [Anthony] Peratt's petroglyphs. They chose, for some strange reason, to disguise their knowledge by creating myths and legends in archaic petroglyphs and mythological symbols." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

"Notably, [Anthony] Peratt focuses his attention on petroglyphs thought to be dated from 10,000 to 20,000 B.C.." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

"Plasma physicist Anthony Peratt argues that some ancient petroglyphs -- some dating to over 20,000 years ago -- demonstrate remarkable accuracy in the depiction of standard plasma instabilities, and reasons that ancients must have witnessed such instabilities on a massive celestial scale thousands of years ago." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

I figure in another 20,000 years, mainstream scientists might catch up to the science of the Pleistocene.
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

tholden

Another submerged city reported

Unread post by tholden » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 am

European media are reporting yet another find of what appears to be an antediluvian city beneath the waves:

http://www.heralddeparis.com/previously ... loor/65855

http://www.heralddeparis.com/more-from- ... ased/65927

I would have to see or read more about this one before expressing an opinion on it. The ruins found off Cuba and Okinawa appear to be sufficiently documented at present.

allynh

Re: Another submerged city reported

Unread post by allynh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:57 am

All that stuff goes into my Growing Earth Theory folder. Thanks...

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Another submerged city reported

Unread post by nick c » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Again, another tantalizing story with a paucity of information.
It must not be very deep if it was detected on satellite photos. Probably less than 60 ft (18.3 m), and maybe less than half that. Which makes me wonder why it was not noticed before?
Could this be in the Bahamas, the Bimini road has to go someplace?
Also don't know too much about the reliability of the Herald de Paris?
There doesn't seem to be much more info on the very deep (2000+ ft) "city" found off of Cuba in 2001 or 2002 (?) does anyone know of any follow ups?

Nick