Archeology and Ancient Human Activity

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovering: Tiahuanacu (was Researcher claims vast n/w....

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:31 am

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
@rc-us wrote: Somewhere in that area is a zone covered full of perfectly-round crater looking forms that reminded me of that area along the U.S. eastern seaboard ... a swampy area I think it was, in North or South Carolina. I forget what the Carolina area was called but there was a thread or a series of posts about it a while back.
You would be thinking of the Carolina bays. Though many of them are ovals of varying sizes. And of course there's no "consensus" on how they formed...

Though, as I pointed out earlier, I think I was mistaken insofar as many of the features are protruding rather than recessed. IE, they're hills / mounds rather than troughs / craters.

But I agree that on first blush, they did remind me of crater chains as well. Not so, though. The opposite. Hard to tell from 2D images, sometimes. ;o]

~Michael Gmirkin
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:32 am

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
mgmirkin wrote:
You would be thinking of the Carolina bays.
~Michael Gmirkin
Yep, that be them. Thanks!
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 am

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"

Specifically, this is the Bolivian image I meant, from here LINK: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1977971/posts
bolivia1.jpg
Carolina Bays
carolina_bays.jpg
Hmm. No picture but ran across this while looking for the Carolinas.
NEBRASKA'S CAROLINA BAYS
ZANNER, C. William, School of Natural Resource Sciences, Univ of Nebraska, 133 Keim Hall, Lincoln, NE 68583-0915, bzanner2@unl.edu and KUZILA, Mark S., Conservation and Survey Division, University of Nebraska, 113 Nebraska Hall, Lincoln, NE 68583-0517
The Carolina Bays of the Atlantic Coastal Plain are one of the more enigmatic geomorphological features in North America. These elliptical depressions occur in a variety of sizes, are oriented NW-SE, and have rims most visible on the southeast edge. They have often inspired flights of fancy as scientists and the public have sought ways to explain them. Part of the fascination stems from the perception that they are unique to the Coastal Plain. South of the Platte River in east central Nebraska, USGS DOQs reveal a multitude of oval shaped features that share SW-NE orientation. They occur in a variety of sizes and have rims on the southeast edge. Locally they are called Rainwater Basins. Bays occur in Coastal Plain sandy sediments; however, the Basins of Nebraska occur in a loess-mantled landscape. Orientation of Bays and Basins is opposite, but both are perpendicular to regional prevailing wind directions. Prior work of Kuzila suggested that the Nebraska Basins exist where a loess dated at ~27000 radiocarbon years before present provides a pre-existing topography. Soil survey maps of the area show that some rims of the Basins are sandy. Cores from the area indicate that a sandy landscape was buried by loess. Upper parts of these sandy deposits are well sorted; fluvial sands and gravels occur below these sorted sands. Using coring and OSL dating we are currently documenting the age of this sandy surface. Our hypothesis is that the Basins on the current land surface originally formed as blowouts or low spots in abandoned Platte River fluvial sands and gravels. The ~27000 radiocarbon years and later loess actually draped a pre-existing topography formed in these sands. We also offer that these features would be recognized as an analog of the Carolina Bays if not for their loess cover. This suggests that Carolina Bays are not unique features, and any explanation for their existence should also help explain Nebraska's Rainwater Basins.

http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2001AM/finalp ... _22324.htm

MGmirkin

Submerged ancient caves, pyramids, sites, cities, etc.

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:35 am

I've forked this topic from a post on another thread of the "Electric Universe - Origins of Myth" forum. It's also a resurrection of a thread previously available on "Thunderbolts Forum 1.0"
MGmirkin wrote:Now, if it were just me, I might have tended to rather quickly become a largely cave-dweller overnight... Put as much solid rock between me and the bad stuff as possible, hope it's enough. Heh.

There does seem to be some evidence of ancient cultures using caves for various purposes, or incising living spaces into hewn stone walls. Though I'd not care to speculate on whether such was a "survival tactic" or simply something their culture enjoyed or was good at in general.

Anyway, there also does seem to be considerable evidence that sea levels were considerably lower in the past. Rising sea levels appear to have "hidden" quite a bit of our past from us by submerging ancient cities and even a few caves that have been used by ancient cultures. It'll be interesting to see if such things ever yield interesting archaeological results that might shed light on those cultures, how the perished or migrated elsewhere, etc.

(Underwater caves housing ancient artifacts from extinct cultures?)
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74162
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=73832
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74203

(Underwater pyramids off Japan?)
http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/ ... apan2.html

(Yup! NG says so!)
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -city.html

In any event. Things aren't quite as they seem. It becomes readily apparent that at some point in the not-too-distant past there have been catastrophes that have raised the sea levels, submerged ancient cities and ritual sites {?} (I hesitate to use the term "sacred sites," as that tends to have a bit more of a "mystical" connotation than is necessary).

But, perhaps this line of inquiry would again best be suited to a separate thread (there used to be one in the planetary science forum on "Thunderbolts Forum 1.0," perhaps I'll fork this over there and restart it)...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
So, if anyone's interested in following up on this topic, please feel free to do so here.

Thx,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Underwater / underground sites, cities, etc.

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:23 am

A few more links:

(Underwater Archeology)
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/an ... ations.htm

(Cities of the Underworld; History Channel series, not necessarily all from "ancient" cultures.)
http://www.history.com/minisites/citiesoftheunderworld

(Underground Cities: Cappadocia, Turkey)
http://www.cappadociaturkey.net/undergroundcities.htm

(Underground Settlements; in Turkey {?})
http://www.nevsehir.gov.tr/ing_nevsehir ... ettlements

(Derinkuyu Underground City)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derinkuyu_Underground_City

(Kaymakli Underground City)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaymakl%C4 ... round_City
http://www.nevsehir.gov.tr/ing_nevsehir ... php?id=112
http://www.anadol.com/kaymakli.htm

(Mazi Underground City)
http://www.nevsehir.gov.tr/ing_nevsehir ... php?id=114

(Ozkonak Underground City)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96zkon ... round_City

Good times,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

David Talbott
Site Admin

Re: Submerged ancient caves, pyramids, sites, cities, etc.

Unread post by David Talbott » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Again, good job Michael. I can remember, around the the mid-eighties, a somewhat poignant conversation with Ev Cochrane, who had read the Saturn Myth in 1980 and subsequently emerged as a superb researcher on the subject. He asked me what I thought of the famous cave art of Europe. I said, simply, nostalgia. The artists were, in their protected environment, celebrating the only natural world they had come to know. Human were not yet glancing backwards at the elaborate sequence of cosmic events from which the myths arose. They simply yearned to recover the pastoral environment that existed before everything changed.

As I've learned more about the plasma discharge phenomena involved, it's become all the more obvious that nostalgia is the overriding factor. In the more energetic phases of the discharge activity, those with an open view to the configuration would not survive. Based primarily on the nature of their art, I'd suggest that the cave-bound artists were driven to their habitat by events preceding the complex evolution of the celestial configuration under discussion. Later, when faced with the urgency of the situation and a need to comprehend it in some way (if for no other reason than to anticipate coming events), humans everywhere carved elaborate rock art of the intensely energetic formations.

It is apparent that the charged bodies moved toward the south (my suggestion here, with no desire to burden others with it). One of Anthony Peratt's most extraordinary contributions has been his finding that the rock artists consistently used natural shields to the south to protect themselves from the deadly synchrotron radiation.

I trust y'all know what happens when you stand out in the open and look at the face of the gorgon or other mythic monster representing an intense discharge phase. A Sumerian phrase for this form in the sky was "the terrifying splendor [glory, power] in the center of An [primeval unity]." But all things considered, it's clear that the situation got sporadically worse with the full fragmentation of the configuration and, eventually, the violent wars of the gods and the displacement of the cosmic theater to the south.

David Talbott

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 pm

David Talbott wrote:I trust y'all know what happens when you stand out in the open and look at the face of the gorgon or other mythic monster representing an intense discharge phase. A Sumerian phrase for this form in the sky was "the terrifying splendor [glory, power] in the center of An [primeval unity]." But all things considered, it's clear that the situation got sporadically worse with the full fragmentation of the configuration and, eventually, the violent wars of the gods and the displacement of the cosmic theater to the south.

David Talbott
Well, in the case of the gorgons, I recall the typical "you get turned to stone" line. Though I've alternately heard "pillar of salt" and also heard that the same word could be used to instead say pillar of vapor or dust (IE, ya' get vaporized! :shock:)... Don't know if that was an accurate translation or not. I seem to recall the particular site in question wasn't especially reliable, so I don't know if I trust their translation, since so much of their site was skewed... Also, it may not have been with reference specifically to the gorgon(s), but to looking upon the face of [a pissed off] God, or some other thing.

Anywho... Good times.
~Michael Gmirkin

Heftruck

Unread post by Heftruck » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 pm

MGmirkin wrote:Though I've alternately heard "pillar of salt" and also heard that the same word could be used to instead say pillar of vapor or dust (IE, ya' get vaporized! :shock:)... Don't know if that was an accurate translation or not.
I suspect the "pillar of dust" version is correct. I've read this a bunch of times in a few different texts but I can't really recall where. There's even a bunch of guys citing that particular translation as "proof" for some civilisation toying around with nukes.

MODERATOR EDIT: Sorry to intrude on your post here, Heftruck, but in the interest of accuracy and to close the possibility of it being propagated in some other future reply/quote, I am correcting the misattribution of quotation below from David Talbott to MGmirkin (see MGmirkin's earlier original post for verification):
Heftruck wrote:
MGmirkin wrote:
[color=#FF0000]David Talbott[/color] wrote:Though I've alternately heard "pillar of salt" and also heard that the same word could be used to instead say pillar of vapor or dust (IE, ya' get vaporized! :shock:)... Don't know if that was an accurate translation or not.
bryan
forum moderator

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Heftruck wrote:
MGmirkin wrote:Though I've alternately heard "pillar of salt" and also heard that the same word could be used to instead say pillar of vapor or dust (IE, ya' get vaporized! :shock:)... Don't know if that was an accurate translation or not.
I suspect the "pillar of dust" version is correct. I've read this a bunch of times in a few different texts but I can't really recall where. There's even a bunch of guys citing that particular translation as "proof" for some civilisation toying around with nukes.
Apparently, you've read the same article I did. Yeah, I think that was the one... ;o] As I said, the site was probably a bit off base. But, if the translation was at least correct, then the implications are interesting. IE, something to the effect of synchrotron radiation poisoning or otherwise death by radiation, etc.

Anywho...
~MG
Last edited by bboyer on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Propagated quote misattribution corrected (see previous post by Heftruck). Apologies for the intrusion

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Arc-us wrote:MODERATOR EDIT: Sorry to intrude on your post here, Heftruck, but in the interest of accuracy and to close the possibility of it being propagated in some other future reply/quote, I am correcting the misattribution of quotation below from David Talbott to MGmirkin (see MGmirkin's earlier original post for verification):

bryan
forum moderator
Good catch. Probably just an error in removing some of the BBcoded material when quoting, IE, removed D.Talbott's quote from my post he was quoting, but missed the preceding quote tag that listed D.Talbott's name. BBcode's tricky sometimes. ;)

Anywho, good catch.
~Michael

Heftruck

Unread post by Heftruck » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:33 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
MODERATOR EDIT: Sorry to intrude on your post here, Heftruck, but in the interest of accuracy and to close the possibility of it being propagated in some other future reply/quote, I am correcting the misattribution of quotation below from David Talbott to MGmirkin (see MGmirkin's earlier original post for verification):

bryan
forum moderator
Good catch. Probably just an error in removing some of the BBcoded material when quoting, IE, removed D.Talbott's quote from my post he was quoting, but missed the preceding quote tag that listed D.Talbott's name. BBcode's tricky sometimes. ;)

Anywho, good catch.
~Michael
:oops:

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Heftruck wrote:<snip>
:oops:
Please, no need for that. We have all "been there, done that." The "
" coding can be particularly troublesome and easy to miss and confusing to correct, especially when there's been several nested replies. It's only because I've entered some 1600 "recovery" posts or whatever that I've grown a bit used to messing with it and perhaps a bit more attuned to noticing them.

bryan

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Ja, no worries!

~Michael

Heftruck

Unread post by Heftruck » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 am

You also might want to include Nan Madol, which is a partially submerged city of 11 square miles right off the coast of the Micronesian island of Pohnpei.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Madol
http://www.zuko.com/Mysterious_Planet/Lost_Cities.htm

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 pm

MGmirkin may have written or recovered the following.
"Anyway, there also does seem to be considerable evidence that sea levels were considerably lower in the past. Rising sea levels appear to have "hidden" quite a bit of our past from us by submerging ancient cities and even a few caves that have been used by ancient cultures."

There may be more than rising water involved in the sinking of cities.
If they are on continental blocks against the atlantic or near another rift region, they may have, according to the Hydroplate theory, been taken to new depths as the continental block itself sunk into the mantel as the compressed and loaded crustal block sought equalibrium over that portion of the mantel, this followed the rifting ocean floor's bulge upward- in the absence of the same covering crust- further accelerating the crust laterally, setting it up for sudden stopage as friction increased .
In the pacific region, the crust would have been pulled downward as the earth's interior shifted toward the atlantic in response to the subfloor bulge and fractured. The surrounding regions would have been affected by this subsidence which would be a vertical subsidence not subduction.
Gravity measurments of the trenches indicates the absence of mass which is contradictory to what should be expected if the plates are being subducted.

A serious and fair look at the hydroplate theory should be included in any consideration of what happened with the earth. d..z