Mummified Dinosaurs / electric fossilization...?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Re: Mummified Dinosaurs / electric fossilization...?

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am

ancientd wrote:Main point does anyone know of lab experiments trying to replicate electric fossilization/petrification?

Mungo
Not that I'm aware of... But it might be worth a search of the literature, which ever literature would be appropriate.

I'd still be interested in seeing some kind of electrophoretic (electrophoresis) experiment. Ie, putting tissue in some kind of solution and running a current through the tank, to see if and how quickly the minerals might flow through the tissue or "petrify" / "fossilize" it...

I still like the "clinker" reference from TeslaMania's "Big Arcs and Sparks" page.

(What Happens when a LIVE High Voltage Power Line Hits the Ground?)
http://www.capturedlightning.com/frames ... tm#Clinker

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Re: Ask Ransom & Thornhill re Experiment

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:29 am

Lloyd wrote:Let's recruit Michael Gmirkin to ask them if they have plans to do such an experiment, or if they could do it, or if they know who could do it. What do you say, Michael. How about asking them about that for us?
Oops, sorry, I guess I haven't kept up with this thread very well...

I'm not sure whether Wal / CJ would have the equipment for this kind of thing or not? I know CJ does like to zappth things when he can and see what happens. But, funding is always an issue. Most "funding" tends to come out-of-pocket as pocket funds become available. ;)

Might bring up the idea and see what it takes to fossilize a steak. :D

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 am

ancientd wrote:But these petrifications of solid silica with hollow stems should be thousands if not millions of years old in terms of conventional earth science paradigms. Some of these petrifications are ironstone as well.

mungo
Please elaborate / describe further on the hollow stems and ironstone? I'm not quite familiar. Having not studied geology specifically. Lest anyone think otherwise, I claim no expertise nor authority over the material, just a general interest and a few offbeat ideas. :)

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:08 am

Brigit Bara wrote:You can see that I would be under the impression that this would be a high powered event, and making the association with living cells would be hard for me to take in.
One wonders whether the extremely high electric field strengths in localized regions of cells might play into some cases of proposed biologically-based transmutation? Just in general, not talking fossilization, per se.

(Nano-sized voltmeter measures electric fields deep within cells)
http://www.ur.umich.edu/0708/Dec03_07/10.shtml

(Mighty Electric Fields Found Inside Cells)
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/mar/14 ... side-cells

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Those 15 million volts per meter e-fields inside brain cells turn my mind upside down.
Are these fields special to electrochemical processing neural cells, or are they trouvable in other cells, e.g. plant cells, as well?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm thinking that regardless of what the full mechanism for petrifaction is, electricity must play a significant part.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:03 pm

* Michael said he didn't know of any experiment showing electricity can produce fossilization.
* At this previous post on this thread:
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... =45#p18935
I mentioned an experiment that involved fossilization of wood in hot water. Since electricity can heat water, that experiment might be a good one to duplicate using electricity.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 am

One wonders whether the extremely high electric field strengths in localized regions of cells might play into some cases of proposed biologically-based transmutation? Just in general, not talking fossilization, per se. ~Mgmirkin
Perhaps there is a book in it for someone?
http://www.thunderbolts.info/resources.htm
The Electricity of Life...
:)
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Brigit Bara wrote:
One wonders whether the extremely high electric field strengths in localized regions of cells might play into some cases of proposed biologically-based transmutation? Just in general, not talking fossilization, per se. ~Mgmirkin
Perhaps there is a book in it for someone?
http://www.thunderbolts.info/resources.htm
The Electricity of Life...
:)
Don't know about a book but I'm pretty sure there was a thread somewhere with that or a similar title. Unfortunately, as per usual, the search facility refuses to search.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

If there is purely electrical, "dry" fossilization, then searching Tunguska seems like a good way to test it. However, any fossils found there could easily be said to have been formed a very long time ago. I did a small search, nothing impressive, and I did turn this up--
In analyzing the chemistry of the various Greenland ice cores, study was restricted to a limited suite of ions; one of these was ammonium. Interpretation of the ammonium record concentrated on the issue of biomass burning, consistent with the idea that the main source of ammonium was likely to be forest fires.

However, the presence of a signifigant spike of ammonium at AD 539 +/- 1 in the GRIP ice core essentially coincident with the global tree ring downturn around AD 540 hinted at an extraterrestrial cause. This led to the recognition that a large concentration of ammonium at AD 1908.48 in the detailed GISP2 ice record appeared to be closely coincident with the 30th June 1908 Tunguska impact.

For anyone interested in this 'ammonium as a signature for impacts,' it can be pointed out that ammonium occurs at potentially significant dates such as...1491.15, not very far from the closest known approach by a comet on 21st Feb 1491."
http://tunguska.sai.msu.ru/content/abstract_all.pdf pg 80

Perhaps this goes to ancientd's AD 1500 Australian event?

Also, spherules and certain elemental anomalies are discussed on pgs 84 and 85. As Grey Cloud said, there is always a thread where these things have been hashed out already! But does a lack of petrified wood in Tunguska go a long way to disproving the idea that transmutation is responsible for some fossilization, or just that it has to be an even more powerful discharge?
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi all,
Don't know if this is of any interest / use:
Evidence for an extraterrestrial impact 12,900 years ago that contributed to the megafaunal extinctions and the Younger Dryas cooling
http://www.pnas.org/content/104/41/16016.full

There's also this:
Electrical response of the Summit-Greenland ice core to ammonium ...
http://arcticcentre.ulapland.fi/docs/jm ... 4GRL94.pdf
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:50 am

Hi Brigit,
I found the Electricity of Life thread:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... ?f=9&t=128
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 am

Thank you, Grey Cloud, for the link,
http://www.pnas.org/content/104/41/16016.full

A mass extinction doth wonderfully concentrate the mind. :lol:

I am ruminating about the spherules and the iridium in both the Tunguska and the mass extinction event that you linked....

And thanks for the electricity of life thread. 6 pages, looks like fun!
~Homer

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am

Hi Brigit,
Glad the links were of interest and I too noticed the spherules and iridium references.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 pm

~
Latest expert ruminations on Tunguska event:
The key to why it left so little lasting damage is the nature of the explosion, says Drobyshevski. And the key to that is our improved understanding of the chemical make up of comets. He says the comet would have had a high hydrogen peroxide content and this would have dissociated explosively as it heated up to produce oxygen and water, breaking the comet apart. It was this explosion that devastated Tunguska.

"Significantly, the energy of the chemical explosion is substantially lower than the kinetic energy of the body," says Drobyshevski.

This explains the comet's relatively benign affect on the planet and solves many of mysteries associated with the event, he says.
[url]Ref: arxiv.org/abs/0903.3309: Tunguska-1908 and Similar Events in Light of the New Explosive Cosmogony of Minor Bodies
[/url]
Update 30/3/09: Edward Drobyshevski writes to correct an error in this post. He says:

"In http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/23234/ you write: "He says the comet would have had a high hydrogen peroxide content and this would have dissociated explosively as it heated up to produce oxygen and water, breaking the comet apart." It is incorrect statement. I never said about the hydrogen peroxide. I am saying on the solid-state solution (=clathrate) of hydrogen and oxygen (=products of the volumetric electrolytical decomposition of the dirty ice) in the low-temperature ice under the great pressure and continuous solid-state thermal convection in the parent planetary body (not in the comet nuclei themselves).Please, reread my articles and correct the text.
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/ar ... ?nlid=1896