Electric Meteors and Meteorites

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mharratsc

Re: Ontario Meteorite

Unread post by mharratsc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah, that is one of my fovorite articles on the site so far.

Code: Select all

[list][code]
[/list][/code] :)

What I was getting at tho, was that we need something that could track a fast-moving meteor in the sky and 'see' the ionized trails of gas linking the pieces of the meteor together as it blazes it's way down through the atmosphere.

Anyone know of a camera of some kind that could accomplish something like that?

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 pm

When I did my comet experiment I looked through my night vision goggles with the Infra red off and could see
twice as many comas as I could without it.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:16 am

Asteroid blast reveals holes in Earth's defences
INDONESIAN ASTEROID: Picture this: A 10-meter wide asteroid hits Earth and explodes in the atmosphere with the energy of a small atomic bomb. Frightened by thunderous sounds and shaking walls, people rush out of their homes, thinking that an earthquake is in progress. All they see is a twisting trail of debris in the mid-day sky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeQBzTkJ ... kRJgbXY-90
This really happened on Oct. 8th around 11 am local time in the coastal town of Bone, Indonesia. The Earth-shaking blast received remarkably little coverage in Western press, but meteor scientists have given it their full attention. "The explosion triggered infrasound sensors of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) more than 10,000 km away," report researchers Elizabeth Silber and Peter Brown of the Univ. of Western Ontario in an Oct. 19th press release. Their analysis of the infrasound data revealed an explosion at coordinates 4.5S, 120E (close to Bone) with a yield of about 50 kton of TNT. That's two to three times more powerful than World War II-era atomic bombs.

The asteroid that caused the blast was not known before it hit and took astronomers completely by surprise. According to statistical studies of the near-Earth asteroid population, such objects are expected to collide with Earth on average every 2 to 12 years. "Follow-on observations from other instruments or ground recovery efforts would be very valuable in further refining this unique event," say Silber and Brown.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... ences.html
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:31 am

I find the vapor trail (looks more like that than debris to me but I could be wrong) to be rather interesting. If it hasn't been shifted by the atmosphere then how do scientists explain the fact it isn't straight?

Has there been a major meteor that has been documented to impact the earth or have all meteors above a certain size always exploded in the atmosphere?

Adolfo Giurfa

Unread post by Adolfo Giurfa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 am

About the Indonesian meteorite: Has it been positively identified as a meteorite?. Did some observatory see it before entering in the atmosphere?. Remember earthquakes and plate displacements in this same zone, from Krakatoa volcano explosion in the 19th. century to present.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:17 am

Drethon wrote:Has there been a major meteor that has been documented to impact the earth or have all meteors above a certain size always exploded in the atmosphere?
Don't know what the requirements are for a "certain size," but the [url2=http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O80-Ho ... orite.html]Hoba West[/url2] meteorite is estimated at around 60 tons...no crater.
hoba3.jpg
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//ful ... 9.000.html
p. 139
...it is clear that there is no surviving evidence of any crater associated with the object. In this it is similar to other large meteorites. Evidently they are sufficiently slowed by their passage through the atmosphere that impact with the ground is not as violent as one might think.
nick c

Adolfo Giurfa

Unread post by Adolfo Giurfa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 pm

The indonesian meteorite, it is a "meteorite" but just ethymologically. It ocurred in the atmosphere but seems a piezoelectric phenomenom as those which happends before or after big earthquakes.

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:50 am

nick c wrote:
Drethon wrote:Has there been a major meteor that has been documented to impact the earth or have all meteors above a certain size always exploded in the atmosphere?
Don't know what the requirements are for a "certain size," but the [url2=http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O80-Ho ... orite.html]Hoba West[/url2] meteorite is estimated at around 60 tons...no crater.
hoba3.jpg
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//ful ... 9.000.html
p. 139
...it is clear that there is no surviving evidence of any crater associated with the object. In this it is similar to other large meteorites. Evidently they are sufficiently slowed by their passage through the atmosphere that impact with the ground is not as violent as one might think.
nick c
Thanks for the info, I had not seen this before. I wonder how scientists explain this or if they just ignore it...

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Seems to me from what I watched the other day on the History Channel, a 747 which lost all it engines when it flew unexpectedly into the plumes of volcanic ash caused St Elmos fire on the surface of the airplane, which was due to the electrical ionization, and then it hit me why the meteorite was only a electrical display, not one of mechanical friction. The two items together, charge and dust, made the plane ignite like a meteorite. You would have thought they were in the space shuttle returning to earth.
:?
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MattEU

iron meteorites leave no craters

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:55 pm

You will find that the largest meteorites found on Earth, all iron ones, leave no craters. The only standard explanations are that they either fell when there was an ice sheet covering the area (including Africa) or that for the Hoba West meteorite that because it is flat on both sides, much like Stanly Kubriks black stone, that it skimmed and bounced its way through the atmosphere for a soft landing. Of course any other non standard suggestions about the meteorites origins or how they got there are crazy talk. So its either glacial erratic meteorites or skimming stone meteorites at over 40,000 mph...

The Hoba West meteorite also had an interesting calcium tuffa layer on it and lime or calcium layer around it. It also has a fascinating iron shale found around it, although the Hoba meteorite is known for the fact that it is bloody solid, no fractures or cracks and does not really weather or fragment! Is the iron shale and the tuffa covering (similar to precious stones) evidence of an EU creation?
Some aspects of the nature of the Hoba meteorite are truely puzzling. On the one hand, the meteorite belongs, despite its huge size, to a very rare class of meteorites and is defined as nickel - rich ataxite. Ataxites consists almost entirely out a dense packing of the meteorite mineral taenite and do not display the otherwise typical 'Widmannstaettensche Figuren' on acid edging. Another enigma is the absence of any crater like structure. The meteorite was covered by a thin crust of calcrete at the time of discovery, but upon excavation no signs of the otherwise very typical temperature & pressure induced shock phenomenae, nor any burried remains of a crater structure were reported. During excavation an odd "Iron shale" = an odd magnetic (!) and limonite rich laminated sediment was observed in close proximity to the meteorite mass, which most probably results from long time weathering. All this support the theory, that the meteorite with its unusual form hit the earth - estimated 80.000 B.C. ago - at an very low angle, junping like a stone on water from place to place until it reached its present position. Hoba meteorite

Another interesting aspect of some iron meteorites are meteorite irons, odd and twisted shaped small iron lumps found around these iron meteorites. The photograph above is of an mundrabilla meteorites iron, these are found around the area of the Nullarbor Plain in Western Australia. Another area rich in minerals, like the Hoba meteorite area.

This article on the fact that iron meteorites leave no craters is written from an Electrical Universe point of view, although of course not official in the slightest and I am sure that most may not agree with some of the ideas.

The end point is that are the largest iron meteorites formed where they are found, like some or most large glacial erratic rocks and boulders? For example like the Merton Stone glacial erratic in Norfolk, England.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:55 am

PRESS RELEASE – SAUFOR – 20091019

Last night, 18 October 2009, a strange and beautiful phenomenon was seen in the skies over South Africa. What is interesting to note is that witnesses from areas as wide apart as Cape Town and Johannesburg and many other areas, reported it around the same time, which was between 20:45 and 21:00.
As Founder of South Africa’s UFO Resource (SAUFOR) I have been researching UFO sightings since 1997, and was fortunate to have witnessed this sighting myself with 5 friends. Our location was at Scarborough, Cape Town and we had an excellent view of this phenomenon from when it was first seen rising over the horizon in the South. We observed it for about 10 minutes and had an exceptionally clear view, as there were no Moon and no clouds. At first we thought that it was the Pleiades star cluster, but then we noticed that there was definitely movement inside this “cloud”.. This movement included what appeared to be spiral-like arms moving outwards from the centre. As this phenomenon moved across the sky basically over our heads, we saw that there was a very bright white light in the centre, which dissolved into 6 or 7 smaller rotating lights, which then dissolved into what looked like rings or ripples, as if when throwing a stone into a pond.. This pattern repeated itself every 30-45 seconds with the concentric rings constantly expanding..

We were absolutely in awe of what we saw. I have never seen anything like this before. Judging by the physical distance between all the witnesses, this phenomenon had to be very high and very big to be seen simultaneously from so many varied areas. In fact, it is possible that whatever this was, may have been outside of Earth’s atmosphere.

It moved in a perfectly straight trajectory and at a constant speed, which makes me think that it was going all around our planet. Numerous witnesses, including myself, attempted to take photographs and video footage, but thus far none were successful.

The Johannesburg planetarium has been inundated with people reporting what they saw and their best explanation is that it was probably a satellite that exploded. I do not agree. We are collecting reports from as many individuals as possible and consider this one of the most significant UFO sightings in South Africa’s history. Thank you for keeping your eyes on the sky.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:24 am

junglelord wrote:Seems to me from what I watched the other day on the History Channel, a 747 which lost all it engines when it flew unexpectedly into the plumes of volcanic ash caused St Elmos fire on the surface of the airplane, which was due to the electrical ionization, and then it hit me why the meteorite was only a electrical display, not one of mechanical friction. The two items together, charge and dust, made the plane ignite like a meteorite. You would have thought they were in the space shuttle returning to earth.
:?
I had not thought to put St Elmo's fire and meteor appearance together. Thats a great observation!

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 am

Honestly it was like a kick in the face from Bruce Lee....so yes I would say that St Elmos fire and the charge flare display of a meteorite are the same thing...at least after watching the show about the 747 and its charged display all the while flying with NO ENGINES...due to charged dust from a volcano.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:36 am

As we all know, plasmas have three operational modes: dark, glow, and arc.
St. Elmo's fire is a glow discharge.
Given the intense brightness of [url2=http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2007/arch ... olides.htm]bolides[/url2], I would think that they are the result of an arc discharge upon the meteor. Not to entirely exclude the glow mode, but the intense brightness is best explained as, primarily, the result of an arc discharge.

nick c

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Nice clarification Nick and duely noted.
Arc mode for sure.
But its a plasma display, not a ball of fire.
Its the fire vs plasma that is the key, just like gas vs plasma.
My mind thinks immediately in a different frame once the plasma word is inserted.
:D
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord